Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Steelers are accepting offers for Roethlisberger

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What I find kindof interesting in all of this is the shift teams seem to be willing to accept as they toe the line with respect to the "New" environment that the commish is enforcing under the Owners mandate.

Think about how hard it is to find a QB who can lead a team, and yet, the Steelers are willing to get rid of the one they have because of personnel conduct.

For those of us who have been following the game for along time, we can probably think of a few characters that are now HOF'rs who wouldn't even be allowed to play in the league right now because of issues like this.

On a side note, wasn't it Mike and MIke who said that the Rams were offering up the first for him? Probably the only scenario, other than the Bills at 9, that would make sense, at least to me as that would allow the Steelers to land Bradford or possibly Clausen.
    He's been accused of rape multiple times and could possible even be investigated again.

Can you please name another player that stayed with his team after two rape accusations?

Even if you're right and teams used to keep players like this... maybe this is signaling that the league actually has compassion.
    I didn't condone what he did or say other players did something like that. I said I can think of a few players who wouldn't be allowed to play in this league.

By the way, I am one of a select few on here who like what the owners and the commish are doing to clean up/push out the riff raff like Big Ben.
    Gotcha, misread your post.

I agree though... I'm happy to see the Steelers wanting to dump him despite two rings.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What I find kindof interesting in all of this is the shift teams seem to be willing to accept as they toe the line with respect to the "New" environment that the commish is enforcing under the Owners mandate.

Think about how hard it is to find a QB who can lead a team, and yet, the Steelers are willing to get rid of the one they have because of personnel conduct.

For those of us who have been following the game for along time, we can probably think of a few characters that are now HOF'rs who wouldn't even be allowed to play in the league right now because of issues like this.

On a side note, wasn't it Mike and MIke who said that the Rams were offering up the first for him? Probably the only scenario, other than the Bills at 9, that would make sense, at least to me as that would allow the Steelers to land Bradford or possibly Clausen.
    He's been accused of rape multiple times and could possible even be investigated again.

Can you please name another player that stayed with his team after two rape accusations?

Even if you're right and teams used to keep players like this... maybe this is signaling that the league actually has compassion.
    I didn't condone what he did or say other players did something like that. I said I can think of a few players who wouldn't be allowed to play in this league.

By the way, I am one of a select few on here who like what the owners and the commish are doing to clean up/push out the riff raff like Big Ben.

I agree though... I'm happy to see the Steelers wanting to dump him despite two rings.
    No worries my friend. Won't hear this out of me to many times, however, I wouldn't trade the Noodle for ole Big Ben and you know how much I dispise that cat.

Anyone who disrespects women that way are pretty much the lowest of low.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

No worries my friend. Won't hear this out of me to many times, however, I wouldn't trade the Noodle for ole Big Ben and you know how much I dispise that cat.

Anyone who disrespects women that way are pretty much the lowest of low.
    1: I don't want Ben either - I suspect he's going to find himself in jail in the not-too-distant future...

2: But I don't see the Owners doing anything they haven't done before. Chmura got off loaded on the allegation of rape - even though he was acquitted. THAT was a moral stance - and it was before Goodell (And, sadly, it was by the Packers)

But Pittsburgh is asking for a replacement BEFORE they'll drop him. If they were sinerely taking the moral high road, they'd just cut his ass...and if the rest of the NFL was serious about cleaning up their act, no one woul touch him.

But we all know that THAT won't happen. Pittsburgh isn't really tryin to be noble, they're trying to put a good PR spin on KEEPING Roethlisberger ("Well, we TRIED to get rid of him", they'll say later).

And the rest of the NFL is so morally bankrupt that he'd have 10 offers on the table two minutes after he wa released if Pittsburgh was serious.

Nah...the NFL likes to PRETEND that it's all about high standards, but it isn't. It's about high DOLLARS. And you can gauge how good a player is by how badly he can embarrass the NFL before Goodell suspends him...

Big Ben will be a Steeler this season...

Caine

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Just imagine how the Steeler fans feel right now. Trading away their franchise QB? I would hate to be them right now.
    We're bringing purple back.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    We'd get raped in that trade.
    I lmao'd not gonna lie
    I did too. I felt dirty afterward, but it was still funny...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

duvaldomo is offline Coach

rosenfels and a 2nd for burger and a 3rd

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    We'd get raped in that trade.
    Along with the first woman he saw getting off the plane in Minneapolis

hoytlakesviking is offline Training Camp

i would give them our #1 pick this year and next year for big ben. where else will you get a franchise superbowl ?

big ben loves the night life, so what. no evidence he raped the girl. i'm sure she's not a wholesome girl hanging out in nightclubs late at night. plus athletes have targets on their back. i dont see it a big deal. i guess the nfl has to say and do the political right thing. so they dont upset people.
    None

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    1: I don't want Ben either - I suspect he's going to find himself in jail in the not-too-distant future...

2: But I don't see the Owners doing anything they haven't done before. Chmura got off loaded on the allegation of rape - even though he was acquitted. THAT was a moral stance - and it was before Goodell (And, sadly, it was by the Packers)

But Pittsburgh is asking for a replacement BEFORE they'll drop him. If they were sinerely taking the moral high road, they'd just cut his ass...and if the rest of the NFL was serious about cleaning up their act, no one woul touch him.

But we all know that THAT won't happen. Pittsburgh isn't really tryin to be noble, they're trying to put a good PR spin on KEEPING Roethlisberger ("Well, we TRIED to get rid of him", they'll say later).

And the rest of the NFL is so morally bankrupt that he'd have 10 offers on the table two minutes after he wa released if Pittsburgh was serious.

Nah...the NFL likes to PRETEND that it's all about high standards, but it isn't. It's about high DOLLARS. And you can gauge how good a player is by how badly he can embarrass the NFL before Goodell suspends him...

Big Ben will be a Steeler this season...

Caine
    +1, saved me some typing.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I don't think we would have to give up too much for him, look what happened to the last player that they got rid because of "character issues". A 5th rounder is all it took. Maybe we give them a 2nd and Sage for big ben, or a 2nd this yr and next yr maybe coupled with sage for him. Ya he had issues, but sometimes a change of scenery can go a long ways with helping people clean up their act. The reward is much greater than the risk IMHO, a franchise qb vs. where we are now minus a couple seconds and a 3rd string qb.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast