Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    digital420 is online now Team Alumni

Re: Steelers '05 = Vikings '06

i'm not sure on the S.b run in chill's first year..

but i def see one coming!!!

and prophet.. those are good points!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet Guest

"boognish" wrote:
    ... You better delete this thread quick before some Packer fan shows up to laugh at you :wink:
    The day I can't match wits with a Packer fan is the day I'm pronounced clinically dead.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Anything is possible, remember as well how the Rams were dire the year prior to winning the SB. Get the right players, coaching and schemes and it is all possible.
    The only thing guaranteed this year is that the Pack will suck - as usual - and that will allow us to laugh at the Pack fans..
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"Prophet" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    ... You better delete this thread quick before some Packer fan shows up to laugh at you :wink:
    The day I can't match wits with a Packer fan is the day I'm pronounced clinically dead.
    And then, it will still be funny, because there will be a Packer fan trying to have a conversation with a dead man.

Prophet Guest

"Displaced_Viking" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    And then, it will still be funny, because there will be a Packer fan trying to have a conversation with a dead man.
    :lol:, that's fine, as long as he isn't going beyond the conversation...never trust a Packer fan.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

No.

Even if we win the super bowl our fans will give credit to the right people, unlike the Steelers, who give all the credit to their truly untalented skill position players, and Joey Porter.

If you put pretty much any other teams O-line on the steeler team, they would be fighting for last place in the league. Same goes for their defense, if it weren't for Foote, Farrior, and their D-line, the D would be awful. The one guy on that team who recieves a ton of praise, who actually deserves it is Troy Polamalu, the guys a beast.

Edit: one more thing, why is our secondary always so under rated, we were 2nd in the league in interception last season, and have 3 players who have made the probowl at some point in their career, we have probably the best, or atleast arguably the best ballhawking Free safety in the league, and 2 real shut down corners. The one thing that's unproven is the SS spot, but Tank Williams is not a bad player.

On ESPN they ranked our pass defense 17th, and I always hear people call our secondary "decent"(no offense prophet). I dont know if those ranking are based on secondary alone, or pass rush and secondary skill, but either way, we should have been way higher than 17, our D-line, and secondary are both excellent IMO, all we need is the glue, linebackers, to bring them together.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

The only thing that was missed in the comparison was the coaching staff.

Pittsburgh = Cowher (longest tenured coach with one team) and his Coordinators (more than a few games under their belts)

Minnesota = Childress (First time ever as HC) and his Coordinators (also first-timers at their respective coaching levels)

Not saying this spells certain doom for us...but it does skew the comparison somewhat. Coaching is gonna be our biggest wild card, so I'll be happy if we can manage an above .500 record this year.

As boognish said...anything better than that will be gravy.

Prophet Guest

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    The only thing that was missed in the comparison was the coaching staff.

Pittsburgh = Cowher (longest tenured coach with one team) and his Coordinators (more than a few games under their belts)

Minnesota = Childress (First time ever as HC) and his Coordinators (also first-timers at their respective coaching levels)

Not saying this spells certain doom for us...but it does skew the comparison somewhat. Coaching is gonna be our biggest wild card, so I'll be happy if we can manage an above .500 record this year.

As boognish said...anything better than that will be gravy.
    Very true, I thought about that. I have no reservation in saying Zygi > Redneck and Childress > Tice and Tomlinson > Asswipe. Coaching is a huge factor and I am thankful the Vikings have a new owner and a new coaching staff with an additional covey of assistants that weren't in existence during the redneck years.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    No.

Even if we win the super bowl our fans will give credit to the right people, unlike the Steelers, who give all the credit to their truly untalented skill position players, and Joey Porter.

If you put pretty much any other teams O-line on the steeler team, they would be fighting for last place in the league. Same goes for their defense, if it weren't for Foote, Farrior, and their D-line, the D would be awful. The one guy on that team who recieves a ton of praise, who actually deserves it is Troy Polamalu, the guys a beast.

Edit: one more thing, why is our secondary always so under rated, we were 2nd in the league in interception last season, and have 3 players who have made the probowl at some point in their career, we have probably the best, or atleast arguably the best ballhawking Free safety in the league, and 2 real shut down corners. The one thing that's unproven is the SS spot, but Tank Williams is not a bad player.

On ESPN they ranked our pass defense 17th, and I always hear people call our secondary "decent"(no offense prophet). I dont know if those ranking are based on secondary alone, or pass rush and secondary skill, but either way, we should have been way higher than 17, our D-line, and secondary are both excellent IMO, all we need is the glue, linebackers, to bring them together.
    shut down corners huh? guess you missed the carolina game last year.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    No.

Que? What basis do you have for saying that?

Far as I can tell, the Steelers fans gave credit to outstanding defensive play, led by the best safety in the NFL, Troy Polamalu, a running attack which was tops at grinding out yards and keeping the chains and clock moving, a QB who did not make mistakes and made enough plays to make a difference and one of the top WRs in the NFL.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast