Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Prophet Guest

    Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    KFFL
    Steelers | 100-yard rusher usually equals victory
    Fri, 8 Sep 2006 04:17:03 -0700

    The Associated Press reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are 31-0-1 in the last 32 games they have a 100-yard rusher.


  2. #2
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Steelers | 100-yard rusher usually equals victory
    Fri, 8 Sep 2006 04:17:03 -0700

    The Associated Press reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are 31-0-1 in the last 32 games they have a 100-yard rusher.

    The STUPIDEST F***ING STAT in FOOTBALL!!!!

    OF COURSE, that is usually going to be the case....they used to show a similar stat about Emmitt Smith...until the Cowturds started blowing games late after he had topped 100.
    Proof positive that sportswriters need to find something else to do with their spare time!
    :
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #3
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    Ball control.
    One of the reasons the D is ready to kick some ass when they come in there, they aren't exhausted.

  4. #4
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    That's one of the reasons why our defense of old was not so good. Our offense would go out throw a big play or two, or turn it over real fast and then the D would be out again. Granted, it's not the ONLY reason our defense was bad, but it contributed.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  5. #5
    twiztedfait's Avatar
    twiztedfait is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    173

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Steelers | 100-yard rusher usually equals victory
    Fri, 8 Sep 2006 04:17:03 -0700

    The Associated Press reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are 31-0-1 in the last 32 games they have a 100-yard rusher.

    The STUPIDEST F***ING STAT in FOOTBALL!!!!

    OF COURSE, that is usually going to be the case....they used to show a similar stat about Emmitt Smith...until the Cowturds started blowing games late after he had topped 100.
    Proof positive that sportswriters need to find something else to do with their spare time!
    :

    Like get a real job????

    ;D

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Ball control.
    One of the reasons the D is ready to kick some jiggly butt when they come in there, they aren't exhausted.
    That's true...to some extent...but usually the 100th yard is gained at the end of the game...after it has already been won.
    It is a somewhat misleading stat...and is only trotted out when they can say 33-0 or 50-0 or something like that ...as soon as there are about 3 losses, they quit saying it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    Yes, most stats are misleading.
    I think this stat may have a stronger correlation than many others...for whatever that's worth.
    The Vikings of recent past never gave their RBs 20+ carries and that's what's needed for a consistent 100 yd performance.
    If you look at brief analysis of games 1-2 from last year it touches on the issue.


    Bottom-line is that I would like to see the Vikings win the ball control battle more often this year.
    That would be a step in the right direction.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    I've done some of my own research and discovered that the Vikings are undefeated when they score more points than their opponents. ;D

    Seriously, this is a correlational stat, and correlation does not imply causation.
    but prophet has a point.
    100 yard rushing games tend to correlate highly with high time of possession.
    And high time of possession tends to correlate strongly with victory...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    NP, that's exactly why I hate correlations.
    But it's something....a little more than nothing.
    Not much else.

    Most importantly I am going to mention for the 147th time that I am happy Tice & Co. are gone.
    That alone is enough of a reason to rejoice.

  10. #10
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Steeler: 31-0-1 with 100 yd rusher

    "Prophet" wrote:
    NP, that's exactly why I hate correlations.
    But it's something....a little more than nothing.
    Not much else.

    Most importantly I am going to mention for the 147th time that I am happy Tice & Co. are gone.
    That alone is enough of a reason to rejoice.
    Idiots, all of 'em!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikes considering signing CFL's best pass rusher
    By RoneG in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 03:41 PM
  2. Ray Edwards a "complementary pass rusher"
    By 12purplepride28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM
  3. Who has the best pass rusher in the division?
    By whackthepack in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 04:59 PM
  4. Former Steeler LB Dies
    By vikez06 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 07:35 PM
  5. TOO MANY Steeler Fans
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 01:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •