Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Start with Rice No. 1, Moss No. 2 in best WR debate

"audioghost" wrote:
    MAN THAT MAKES ME SO MAD...why is Cris Carter so undervalued? He has the stats and had the best hands in NFL history hands down~! They need to make a Carter highlight tape...people are flippin morons...thats all I know. Moss is no Cris Carter...Irvin is no Cris Carter...Taylor is no Cris Carter...Rice #1, Carter #2...theres a reason Carter's #2 in all those WR categories...
    +1

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

SiniSSter is offline Rookie

"JerBearLuvsDaVikes" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    Irvin ahead of Cris Carter is an absolute disgrace.... and I love his argument about Moss vs Harrison & Owens, because its very true.
    Up until now when Moss has been with the Patriots, the majority of his career (post Reed & Carter) has been with a subpar receiving corps lining up across from him.
    Agreed. No one ever considers the fact that Carter never had a HOF QB Throwing him the ball. He had the likes of Johnson, McMann, Salsberry, and a Whole lot of other nobody's that I've blocked from memory, yet still put up HOF numbers. That alone puts him in the top 3 IMO. Moss never did either, until this year, and then he swiftly put up 23 TDs; not to shabby.
    Warren Moon????
    yea really. although he never had a joe montana, troy aikman, or tom brady, carter did have some decent QB's. moon, cunnigham, culpepper

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i agree with the article..rice obviously #1, and moss close at #2..the career numbers arent there yet, but theres no doubting that moss has had more of an impact on any game hes played in than anybody other than jerry rice..teams have been doubling and triple teaming the guy since his rookie year, and hes still put up those types of numbers..moss has the best numbers of any player in history over his first 6 years in the league, and after a couple of years of being injured, he comes back and delivers with the most productive season ever for a WR..how can anybody argue against moss being second? must be totally insane not to put him there
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    i agree with the article..rice obviously #1, and moss close at #2..the career numbers arent there yet, but theres no doubting that moss has had more of an impact on any game hes played in than anybody other than jerry rice.
    I wonder if you'd get any from the Raiders to agree with that statement.

He made such a big impact there that they traded him away to one of only 3 interested teams for a 4th rounder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    i agree with the article..rice obviously #1, and moss close at #2..the career numbers arent there yet, but theres no doubting that moss has had more of an impact on any game hes played in than anybody other than jerry rice.
    I wonder if you'd get any from the Raiders to agree with that statement.

He made such a big impact there that they traded him away to one of only 3 interested teams for a 4th rounder.
    OH boy, yes the worst team in the NFL, had horrible QBs and a terrible organization that Moss didn't do well in.
    You're completely right, I just moved Moss from #2 dominator to number #387 because of his time in Oakland.

That and I'm just going to pretend he never played for any other team after that, he most surely didn't break any receiving records(and yes I know Rice did it in less games so you don't worry about that, still a great record for Moss).

Moss hate aside, still the second best behind Rice.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Irvin ahead of Cris Carter is an absolute disgrace.... and I love his argument about Moss vs Harrison & Owens, because its very true.
    Up until now when Moss has been with the Patriots, the majority of his career (post Reed & Carter) has been with a subpar receiving corps lining up across from him.
    I agree, Irvin couldn't hold Carter's jock. Carter should definetly be in the top 5 and probably ahead of Moss. I still can't believe he didn't get voted into the Hall of Fame, rediculous. Maybe if he had a big mouth like Irvin he would be higher on the list and in the HOF.
    Rice is #1 and no one, not even moss is with in sniffing range. I would probably rank Rice as the number 1 football player of all time.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"SiniSSter" wrote:
    "JerBearLuvsDaVikes" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    Agreed. No one ever considers the fact that Carter never had a HOF QB Throwing him the ball. He had the likes of Johnson, McMann, Salsberry, and a Whole lot of other nobody's that I've blocked from memory, yet still put up HOF numbers. That alone puts him in the top 3 IMO. Moss never did either, until this year, and then he swiftly put up 23 TDs; not to shabby.
    Warren Moon????
    yea really. although he never had a joe montana, troy aikman, or tom brady, carter did have some decent QB's. moon, cunnigham, culpepper

Ok...I'll give you Warren Moon. Quick question. How old was Moon when Carter was catching his passes?

Answer me this as well. How many different QBs did Carter have? How many did he make the Pro Bowl with? Then take any other top WR you like and tell me the number of QBs they had. Rice had Montana and Young. Montana is the best QB ever and Young is in the top 10. Don't care about his Raiders years, but feel free to tell me who his QBs were then. Irvin had Aikman. Harrison has Manning. I'll bet they all had less then 3.

As far as Cunningham and Culpepper. Culpepper I don't consider to be any good at all. What are his numbers since he lost Moss?? Cunningham was how old? He was also Johnsons backup in 98 until Johnson was injured.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Oh...I almost forgot, Jeff George in 99 because Cunningham got benched. He still made the Pro-Bowl. As to Cunningham being so great...why was he benched with 8 TDs and 9 ints in 99 when he had Carter, Moss, and Reed??

I wasn't making arguments you said he NEVER HAD A H.O.F. QB and I said Warren Moon? Nuff said...I love Cris Carter and do think he deserves to be top 3 right now but I was just proving you were wrong that's all. Moon in 95 started 15 of the 16 games threw for just under 35 TD's (33 I believe???), 17 of which went to Cris Carter. You can make a case the other 2 QB's aren't near Steve Young and certainly not even close to Montana, but Moon could be put below but close to Steve Young if he wasn't so unconsistent from year to year.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i cant believe he put a guy who admits to taking plays off as the number 2 wr of all time over

chris carter
    tim brown
    steve largent
    marvin harrison

moss is a top 6/7 WR, when his career is over maybe he will be close to carter and brown, but no where neer it now
    What does personal attitude have to do with it?

And apparently Jerry Rice and company weren't better receivers than their contemporaries until they passed them on some stupid stat sheet?
    In his career I have seen Randy Moss be the best jump ball receiver, one of the best catching receivers behind a couple guys like Carter, and the most dangerous deep threat the game of football has ever seen, the man is the "super freak" for a reason.
    Barring a career ending injury Randy Moss is going to pretty much be #2 in a lot of receiver categories fulfilling this big stat emphasis, but more than that he's going to show why he is the #2 receiver of all time.
    Chris Carter was good, but he didn't put the fear into a player like saying Jerry Rice and of course Randy Moss.
    Are you saying Jerry Rice was a physical superfreak? Are you saying that teams didn't have to plan on meeting Cris Carter? Fuck that....if you don't think Cris Carter struck fear into people then your outa your head. Cris Carter has made some of the most spectacular catches this league has ever seen, he was an amazing tough athlete....he was almost everything you wanted in a player. And he didn't run around creating off the field problems for us like some other great WR we had on our roster at one point.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast