Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Star return men usually aren't electrifying for long

Kindof long but very interesting.

Like the discussion on Ginn and the Phins pick at 9.

Hey, Dante Hall. You've been in the NFL for seven years. You'll be 29 this September. And you recently were traded from Kansas City to St. Louis. Do you think Chiefs coach Herm Edwards was telling you something? Yeah, you scored on returns in four straight games in 2003. But now those legs have a lot of miles on them.

Come on, Dante. Admit it. You're slipping.

"I know I got it," Hall says, defiantly. "I think I got it. I feel I got it. (Edwards) told me I got it. I just think (the trade) was more personal than due to my skills.

"I definitely got it."

Spoken like a true return man -- never backing down. Hall plans to give the Rams a big jolt. And, boy, do they need it. Last season, they were 26th in the league bringing back kickoffs (21.3-yard average) and tied for 24th returning punts (7.8). Hall can beat those averages. No problem.

Well, maybe the Dante Hall of 2002-04 could. Truth be told, he has averaged 7.5 yards on punt returns since then. And his kickoff numbers have fallen each of the past four seasons, to 22.8 in 2006. History tells us you need more than supreme confidence to overcome the ravages of time spent bringing back kicks.
    I guess if he doesn't work out in St. Louis the Rams org can say they signed a "Proven" return man that will at least sell some tickets for the first 2 or 3 games.
    ;D

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=211320
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Re: Star return men usually aren't electrifying for long

hopefully the boars "superman" kick/punt returner Hester will decline as well. Cant say I want him to have any more good years doing that. Just hearing his name makes me physically ill due to overhype.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Star return men usually aren't electrifying for long

"cyviking" wrote:
    hopefully the boars "superman" kick/punt returner Hester will decline as well. Cant say I want him to have any more good years doing that. Just hearing his name makes me physically ill do to overhype.
    Assumption would be that the more he is used on offense this year he might wear down bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg