Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 149
  1. #11
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    $4.875 million roster bonus and this dumbass can't get a limo, a cab, a friend..something?

    I don't know how drunk this guy was but to me driving drunk isn't too much different from shooting off a gun randomly.
    .08 is being reported. .08 is the legal limit in most states now, including minnesota. A few years ago it was .1 in MN.
    Hard to say how drunk he was, some first time drinkers are probably wasted at .08, while a hard core drinker probably feels pretty sober, I don't know. For myself(I own a breathalyzer) .08 it slightly buzzed, feeling pretty good.
    The reports are saying he was over .08, not that his BlAC was .08.
    And buzzed driving is still drunk driving.

    I honestly feel bad for him.
    I am not hypocritical enough to say it couldn't have ever happened to me.
    But it doesn't change my stance on it.
    For the sake of the pedestrian's family, I hope he spends considerable time in jail, NOT like Little did.
    Little should still be locked up.
    But he plays football, so he isnt.
    If anything else, these celebs and athletes should be held to a higher standard.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    Some reports are surfacing that Stallworth drove around a stopped car in order to beat a red light when he struck the pedestrian.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=1043
    The investigation is ongoing but DUI, vehicular manslaugher, and reckless driving are among the possible charges. There's still no word if Stallworth was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. A witness claims the accident happened when Stallworth drove his Bentley around a stopped car to beat a red light.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    $4.875 million roster bonus and this dumbass can't get a limo, a cab, a friend..something?

    I don't know how drunk this guy was but to me driving drunk isn't too much different from shooting off a gun randomly.
    .08 is being reported. .08 is the legal limit in most states now, including minnesota. A few years ago it was .1 in MN.
    Hard to say how drunk he was, some first time drinkers are probably wasted at .08, while a hard core drinker probably feels pretty sober, I don't know. For myself(I own a breathalyzer) .08 it slightly buzzed, feeling pretty good.
    The reports are saying he was over .08, not that his BlAC was .08.
    And buzzed driving is still drunk driving.

    I honestly feel bad for him.
    I am not hypocritical enough to say it couldn't have ever happened to me.
    But it doesn't change my stance on it.
    For the sake of the pedestrian's family, I hope he spends considerable time in jail, NOT like Little did.
    Little should still be locked up.
    But he plays football, so he isnt.
    If anything else, these celebs and athletes should be held to a higher standard.
    +1
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    $4.875 million roster bonus and this dumbass can't get a limo, a cab, a friend..something?

    I don't know how drunk this guy was but to me driving drunk isn't too much different from shooting off a gun randomly.
    .08 is being reported. .08 is the legal limit in most states now, including minnesota. A few years ago it was .1 in MN.
    Hard to say how drunk he was, some first time drinkers are probably wasted at .08, while a hard core drinker probably feels pretty sober, I don't know. For myself(I own a breathalyzer) .08 it slightly buzzed, feeling pretty good.
    The reports are saying he was over .08, not that his BlAC was .08.
    And buzzed driving is still drunk driving.

    I honestly feel bad for him.
    I am not hypocritical enough to say it couldn't have ever happened to me.
    But it doesn't change my stance on it.
    For the sake of the pedestrian's family, I hope he spends considerable time in jail, NOT like Little did.
    Little should still be locked up.
    But he plays football, so he isnt.
    If anything else, these celebs and athletes should be held to a higher standard.
    +1
    -1,000

    I completely disagree... Justice is supposed to be blind.

    Every man is created equal.

    I mean... that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be, but our justice system is f*cked because of views like that.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #15
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    $4.875 million roster bonus and this dumbass can't get a limo, a cab, a friend..something?

    I don't know how drunk this guy was but to me driving drunk isn't too much different from shooting off a gun randomly.
    .08 is being reported. .08 is the legal limit in most states now, including minnesota. A few years ago it was .1 in MN.
    Hard to say how drunk he was, some first time drinkers are probably wasted at .08, while a hard core drinker probably feels pretty sober, I don't know. For myself(I own a breathalyzer) .08 it slightly buzzed, feeling pretty good.
    The reports are saying he was over .08, not that his BlAC was .08.
    And buzzed driving is still drunk driving.

    I honestly feel bad for him.
    I am not hypocritical enough to say it couldn't have ever happened to me.
    But it doesn't change my stance on it.
    For the sake of the pedestrian's family, I hope he spends considerable time in jail, NOT like Little did.
    I misread that, it was over .08, so we really don't have any idea, but I suspect he was close to that or the officers at the scene would have arrested him on the spot.
    I'm not sure how putting Stallworth away helps the victims family. Depends on what the situation was I guess.

  6. #16
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=Tad7 link=topic=51093.msg924329#msg924329 date=1237487924]
    $4.875 million roster bonus and this dumbass can't get a limo, a cab, a friend..something?

    I don't know how drunk this guy was but to me driving drunk isn't too much different from shooting off a gun randomly.
    .08 is being reported. .08 is the legal limit in most states now, including minnesota. A few years ago it was .1 in MN.
    Hard to say how drunk he was, some first time drinkers are probably wasted at .08, while a hard core drinker probably feels pretty sober, I don't know. For myself(I own a breathalyzer) .08 it slightly buzzed, feeling pretty good.
    The reports are saying he was over .08, not that his BlAC was .08.
    And buzzed driving is still drunk driving.

    I honestly feel bad for him.
    I am not hypocritical enough to say it couldn't have ever happened to me.
    But it doesn't change my stance on it.
    For the sake of the pedestrian's family, I hope he spends considerable time in jail, NOT like Little did.
    Little should still be locked up.
    But he plays football, so he isnt.
    If anything else, these celebs and athletes should be held to a higher standard.
    +1
    -1,000

    I completely disagree... Justice is supposed to be blind.

    Every man is created equal.

    I mean... that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be, but our justice system is f*cked because of views like that.


    [/quote]

    +1000
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  7. #17
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I hope the sentence is not too severe. I believe it was an accident. Anyone who has ever had a couple of beers and drove should think about this the next time. A DUI is not the worst thing in the world, the fact is if your in an accident, regardless of whos fault it is, if you've had a drink your probably gonna be charged with a crime and a civil suit.
    Okay a DUI is probably not as bad as.. rape or premeditated murder. But lets not downplay what a DUI is. It is putting other peoples lives in danger because someone operating a very dangerous vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. There is a reason its illegal.. because stuff exactly like this is more likely to happen.

    I'm not sure how putting Stallworth away helps the victims family.
    In all likely hood it does not help the victims family. What it does do is take someone who was not mature and responsible enough to either limit their alcohol intake or get a ride off the roads for the next few years and hopefully sets him straight for the next day he is faced with the decision. We also cannot let him go because it then sends a message to anyone else facing the decision that it is okay. Drunk driving is never okay and should never go unpunished.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  8. #18
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=Tad7 link=topic=51093.msg924329#msg924329 date=1237487924]
    $4.875 million roster bonus and this dumbass can't get a limo, a cab, a friend..something?

    I don't know how drunk this guy was but to me driving drunk isn't too much different from shooting off a gun randomly.
    .08 is being reported. .08 is the legal limit in most states now, including minnesota. A few years ago it was .1 in MN.
    Hard to say how drunk he was, some first time drinkers are probably wasted at .08, while a hard core drinker probably feels pretty sober, I don't know. For myself(I own a breathalyzer) .08 it slightly buzzed, feeling pretty good.
    The reports are saying he was over .08, not that his BlAC was .08.
    And buzzed driving is still drunk driving.

    I honestly feel bad for him.
    I am not hypocritical enough to say it couldn't have ever happened to me.
    But it doesn't change my stance on it.
    For the sake of the pedestrian's family, I hope he spends considerable time in jail, NOT like Little did.
    Little should still be locked up.
    But he plays football, so he isnt.
    If anything else, these celebs and athletes should be held to a higher standard.
    +1
    -1,000

    I completely disagree... Justice is supposed to be blind.

    Every man is created equal.

    I mean... that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be, but our justice system is f*cked because of views like that.
    [/quote]
    I agree..Celebrities usually get off easier but occasionally they make examples out of them and they get harsher punishment. Either way is messed up
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    I don't want to come off as a ass here, however, if he was over the limit he needs to be fried, or at least punished to the fullest extent.

    Sure almost all of us have done this at one point or another, however, just because we have and got away with it doesn't alleviate that it is wrong and should carry the most severe of punishments cause it sure the hell can result in the gravest of situations......Loss of a life.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't want to come off as a ass here, however, if he was over the limit he needs to be fried, or at least punished to the fullest extent.

    Sure almost all of us have done this at one point or another, however, just because we have and got away with it doesn't alleviate that it is wrong and should carry the most severe of punishments cause it sure the hell can result in the gravest of situations......Loss of a life.
    So do you think all DUI should be punished to the fullest extent, sure most of the time nobody dies, but they could. Start throwing all of the millions that get DUI's in this country in prison for 10years and DUI's will drop.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Limit Avatar sizes again
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 02:48 PM
  2. Browns WR Stallworth hits, kills Fla. pedestrian
    By shockzilla in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 01:30 PM
  3. Police dog blamed for running over pedestrian
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 06:15 PM
  4. Legal to Moon!
    By FedjeViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 03:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •