Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

Don't know if there is another thread on this or not.
    But after waiting 5 minutes for the search function to return something I gave up and posted anyway...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/19/report-stallworth-over-the-legal-limit/
    REPORT: STALLWORTH OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 19, 2009, 12:51 p.m. EDT
    A television station in Miami reportedly is reporting that Brown receiver Donte’ Stallworth was “slightly” over the legal limit of 0.08 percent blood-alcohol concentration when his vehicle collided with Mario Reyes, a pedestrian who died as a result of the Saturday morning collision.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Stallworth over legal limit when he hit and killed pedestrian

Man, i have never been a fan of Stallworth, but I feel bad for both the Reyes Family and Donte.
    That is a shitty situation all around, to say the least.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

that was early in the morning wasn't it?
    you figure he was still feeling the effects of the last night?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I hope the sentence is not too severe. I believe it was an accident. Anyone who has ever had a couple of beers and drove should think about this the next time. A DUI is not the worst thing in the world, the fact is if your in an accident, regardless of whos fault it is, if you've had a drink your probably gonna be charged with a crime and a civil suit.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

$4.875 million roster bonus and this dumbass can't get a limo, a cab, a friend..something?

I don't know how drunk this guy was but to me driving drunk isn't too much different from shooting off a gun randomly.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"Tad7" wrote:
    $4.875 million roster bonus and this dumbass can't get a limo, a cab, a friend..something?

I don't know how drunk this guy was but to me driving drunk isn't too much different from shooting off a gun randomly.
    There is no proof he was drunk.
    And, it could have just as easily been the pedestrians fault so don't get all on Stallworth's case just yet.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I hope the sentence is not too severe. I believe it was an accident. Anyone who has ever had a couple of beers and drove should think about this the next time. A DUI is not the worst thing in the world, the fact is if your in an accident, regardless of whos fault it is, if you've had a drink your probably gonna be charged with a crime and a civil suit.
    He deserves any and all punishment he gets.
    I feel bad for him, I know that this is probably hard on him, but I feel worse for the man he hit and killer.
    The pedestrian - a family man with a wife and 15 year old daughter - was doing nothing wrong other than trying to go home after work.
    There are some reports that the man was near a crosswalk, but IDK if that means that he was in it or not.
    Regardless, the fact that Stallworth was over the limit means that his reaction time was slowed, and it is almost certainly a factor in the accident.

I am definately not perfect, and I grudgingly admit that I have driven before when I have had to much to drink.
    But just because many of us have done it doesn't make it any less wrong, or make that man any less dead.
    You are right, we should all think about this before we make the decision to drive after having a few.
    A hard line against Stallworth could go a long way to reinforcing this message among a lot of kids and athletes.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Tad7" wrote:

.08 is being reported. .08 is the legal limit in most states now, including minnesota. A few years ago it was .1 in MN.
    Hard to say how drunk he was, some first time drinkers are probably wasted at .08, while a hard core drinker probably feels pretty sober, I don't know. For myself(I own a breathalyzer) .08 it slightly buzzed, feeling pretty good.

Blog Entries

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

There is no proof he was drunk.
    And, it could have just as easily been the pedestrians fault so don't get all on Stallworth's case just yet.
    If he is over the legal limit, then he is drunk.
    He failed a blood test, what other proof do you need.
    The pedestrian may have contributed to the accident if he wasn't in a crosswalk, but Stallworth lost all of his defense when he had the 4 patrons and 2 margaritas the night before.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

.08 is being reported. .08 is the legal limit in most states now, including minnesota. A few years ago it was .1 in MN.
    Hard to say how drunk he was, some first time drinkers are probably wasted at .08, while a hard core drinker probably feels pretty sober, I don't know. For myself(I own a breathalyzer) .08 it slightly buzzed, feeling pretty good.
    The reports are saying he was over .08, not that his BlAC was .08.
    And buzzed driving is still drunk driving.

I honestly feel bad for him.
    I am not hypocritical enough to say it couldn't have ever happened to me.
    But it doesn't change my stance on it.
    For the sake of the pedestrian's family, I hope he spends considerable time in jail, NOT like Little did.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast