Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53
  1. #41
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    I don't see the issue as complicated.
    Everyone makes mistakes, some apologize and move on.
    You can forgive someone, but that doesn't mean you have to give them the keys to your car.

    In this case I see Belichick as a person that has a character flaw, dishonesty. That is worse than making a mistake.
    Someone that has documented off-the-field issues and someone that knowingly cheated in the NFL.
    He should be suspect until he has given people enough time and proved that he should not be suspect.
    He will, and deservingly so, be remembered as the coach that cheated.
    Give him an asterisk.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #42
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826845#msg826845 date=1220032003]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=47411.msg826826#msg826826 date=1220030819]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826814#msg826814 date=1220029663]
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

    Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?


    =Z=
    Sure, if they were using methods that created an unfair advantage during games, yes I would suppose such a study.

    Individual players cheating vs a head of a team cheating is the heart of the question for me... I have a hell of a time believing that the Pats weren't using those video feeds for in game adjustments.. heck the NFL even adopted a new rule this year to ensure that DC are protected from such methods of cheating.. not more stealing the signals on the defensive side of the game.

    Maybe Billy will have the Audio Video guys tap into the live feeds from the opposing sidelines now.. then claim he didn't know that he couldn't do such a thing.
    ;D
    Really?

    How on earth would they be able to do that.
    The Jets, who confiscated the camera, verified that it had no video transmission ability.
    It simply had tapes.
    So that means that after every play, they would have to switch out tapes, run them to where ever somebody was who could study and interpret the tapes, and then radio down to the sideline to let them know what was coming.
    All before the QB radio is cut off when the play clock hits 15 seconds.

    Don't you think that if they wanted to use in-game signals, they would simply have a guy sitting there with binocs and a radio?
    That, BTW, is legal.

    The games were obviously kept and analyzed after the game.
    The tapes that Matt Walsh turned over were released to the public, and all of them were heavily edited.
    That could not have been done in game.
    The analysis after the fact probably created an advantage if they played that team again.
    Or more appropriately if they played that defensive coordinator again.
    But to think that there was some kind of in game advantage is a huge reach.
    You both convolute the simpler fact:
    Belichick is a CONFIRMED CHEATER!
    NO excuses or finger pointing can ever change that.
    Therefore, he deserves to be permanently labeled as such.
    And if you want to label Merriman, Edwards, Harrison, etc. as steriod and HGH cheaters, be my guest.
    I don't use labels.
    You can if you like, just be sure to apply them uniformly.

    Besides, that is not the issue at hand.
    Nobody is debating whether or not he cheated.
    We are talking about whether or not his actions gave the Pats an in game advantage.

    You are a pretty smart guy, I find it hard to believe that you don't have anything better to contribute other than "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER".
    [/quote]

    The title of the article is "Spygate stench sticks to Belichick"...nowhere in there do I see a statement of whether or not it gave him an advantage or not.
    It is you who are the one who is off-track here.

    And if "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER" applies, then he only has himself to blame.
    BUT if the breaking of the rules DIDN'T give him any sort of advantage, then maybe we should change the "chant" to "DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE" instead of continuing to label him as a "genius".
    [/quote]

    You didn't see the statement?
    Well perhaps you should look at the ongoing conversation before you jump in.
    Pack and I were talking about whether or not the tapes were used to give him an advantage during the game.
    I never said that it didn't give him an advantage, I said that it likely didn't help DURING THE fricken GAME.
    If you are going to contradict me, at least make an effort to follow the topic at hand.

    Now I think you are just arguing because you like to.
    [/quote]

    And perhaps you didn't note that I was referring to the fact that the ENTIRE ARTICLE was not about whether he FRICKEN got an in-game advantage (which you or I will NEVER know because FRICKEN relevant evidence was destroyed).
    Nor do I want to discuss whether he got an in-game advantage, because the aforementioned relevant evidence was FRICKEN destroyed before any of us could see it to make a valid judgment.
    In doing so, Goodell created a reasonable doubt that there was something more, a point that will be debated and questioned from now until eternity.
    I was not attempting to FRICKEN contradict you since when I said "advantage" I was referring to the "in-game advantage" that you two were discussing (and thought that you would get it instead of attempting to use semantics to disparage my post).
    My point was that you were taking the topic off course, and I stand by that.

    It seems to me that you like to argue as much as you accuse me of, so don't complain when someone else does it too.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #43
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=47411.msg826851#msg826851 date=1220032296]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826845#msg826845 date=1220032003]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=47411.msg826826#msg826826 date=1220030819]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826814#msg826814 date=1220029663]
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

    Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?


    =Z=
    Sure, if they were using methods that created an unfair advantage during games, yes I would suppose such a study.

    Individual players cheating vs a head of a team cheating is the heart of the question for me... I have a hell of a time believing that the Pats weren't using those video feeds for in game adjustments.. heck the NFL even adopted a new rule this year to ensure that DC are protected from such methods of cheating.. not more stealing the signals on the defensive side of the game.

    Maybe Billy will have the Audio Video guys tap into the live feeds from the opposing sidelines now.. then claim he didn't know that he couldn't do such a thing.
    ;D
    Really?

    How on earth would they be able to do that.
    The Jets, who confiscated the camera, verified that it had no video transmission ability.
    It simply had tapes.
    So that means that after every play, they would have to switch out tapes, run them to where ever somebody was who could study and interpret the tapes, and then radio down to the sideline to let them know what was coming.
    All before the QB radio is cut off when the play clock hits 15 seconds.

    Don't you think that if they wanted to use in-game signals, they would simply have a guy sitting there with binocs and a radio?
    That, BTW, is legal.

    The games were obviously kept and analyzed after the game.
    The tapes that Matt Walsh turned over were released to the public, and all of them were heavily edited.
    That could not have been done in game.
    The analysis after the fact probably created an advantage if they played that team again.
    Or more appropriately if they played that defensive coordinator again.
    But to think that there was some kind of in game advantage is a huge reach.
    You both convolute the simpler fact:
    Belichick is a CONFIRMED CHEATER!
    NO excuses or finger pointing can ever change that.
    Therefore, he deserves to be permanently labeled as such.
    And if you want to label Merriman, Edwards, Harrison, etc. as steriod and HGH cheaters, be my guest.
    I don't use labels.
    You can if you like, just be sure to apply them uniformly.

    Besides, that is not the issue at hand.
    Nobody is debating whether or not he cheated.
    We are talking about whether or not his actions gave the Pats an in game advantage.

    You are a pretty smart guy, I find it hard to believe that you don't have anything better to contribute other than "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER".
    [/quote]

    The title of the article is "Spygate stench sticks to Belichick"...nowhere in there do I see a statement of whether or not it gave him an advantage or not.
    It is you who are the one who is off-track here.

    And if "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER" applies, then he only has himself to blame.
    BUT if the breaking of the rules DIDN'T give him any sort of advantage, then maybe we should change the "chant" to "DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE" instead of continuing to label him as a "genius".
    [/quote]

    You didn't see the statement?
    Well perhaps you should look at the ongoing conversation before you jump in.
    Pack and I were talking about whether or not the tapes were used to give him an advantage during the game.
    I never said that it didn't give him an advantage, I said that it likely didn't help DURING THE fricken GAME.
    If you are going to contradict me, at least make an effort to follow the topic at hand.

    Now I think you are just arguing because you like to.
    [/quote]

    And perhaps you didn't note that I was referring to the fact that the ENTIRE ARTICLE was not about whether he FRICKEN got an in-game advantage (which you or I will NEVER know because FRICKEN relevant evidence was destroyed).
    Nor do I want to discuss whether he got an in-game advantage, because the aforementioned relevant evidence was FRICKEN destroyed before any of us could see it to make a valid judgment.
    In doing so, Goodell created a reasonable doubt that there was something more, a point that will be debated and questioned from now until eternity.
    I was not attempting to FRICKEN contradict you since when I said "advantage" I was referring to the "in-game advantage" that you two were discussing (and thought that you would get it instead of attempting to use semantics to disparage my post).
    My point was that you were taking the topic off course, and I stand by that.

    It seems to me that you like to argue as much as you accuse me of, so don't complain when someone else does it too.
    [/quote]

    <sigh>

    OK, you win.
    I am tired of having these conversations.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #44
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    BTW.. this is all old news.. it is like the bloody wars Packer fans wage yet over Favre, even though that has past and all the words in the world aren't changing it..

    NP.. irresponsible in place of ignorant.. either way seems to be turning a blind eye reasonable facts.

    The radio traffic that I referred to was none other than the JSonline article following the Patriot game in 05', there were a number of different reports surrounding that game of radio traffic stemming from the Patriot sidelines on unauthorized channels by the NFL. About a year ago I posted what I could find in reference to it yet, when Spygate first gained steam.. it was brushed over by the national media but never dug into.. which I find to be irresponsible in nature on their part.

    Basically I trust nothing that comes out of BB mouth.. for the life of me, I can't understand why the NFL chose to utilize his declaration that he fessed up to.

    But again.. old news that is well over the gol 'darnit.. but Billy is still a cheat in my book.
    I can agree with that last statement whole heatedly.
    I don't want anybody to misconstrue what I am saying.
    I agree that Belichick cheated.
    I agree that Goodell was too lenient on him.
    Belichick is a cheater, no doubt.

    However, I also believe that the advantage gained was marginal.
    Employing lip readers to sit in the stands with a cell phone and binocs is a much easier and more effective way to get in game information.
    In fact, I would think that the Pats would have to have employed someone like that.
    The tapes were used as a learning and research tool for whoever was watching the DC call in signals, probably from the Pats sideline.
    So my major disagreement with some posters lies not in whether or not BB cheated (he did), but in the actual severity of his infraction.

    I also think that Goodell should have suspended Belichick not because he videotaped, but because he arrogantly continued to do it less than a week after the memo went out specifically telling them not to do it.
    He was deliberately undermining the authority of the NFL, and I would have liked to see Goodell reassert his authority.

    And finally, I do agree that it is over.
    It was a year ago, and it likely had no effect on the Vikings.
    The Pats lost the Super Bowl, so the NFL doesn't have to worry about the "cheaters always win" issue.
    And it helped get a rule change introduced that I think will enhance and improve the overall game.
    And now its time to get on with our lives...
    And our lives should include the ingrained phrase "Belichick is a CONFIRMED CHEATER and is not to be trusted nor admired and his past accomplishments are forever tainted by his arrogant actions".
    So everytime that someone labels him a genius, they should immediately offset that statement with that phrase.

    So, in the sense that Belichick is no longer subject to penalties regarding Spygate, then yes it is over.
    But his legacy will be forever tainted, as noted by the Pats fan sportswriter, Kevin Hench, in the article that begins this thread.
    Furthermore, I will bring it up anytime that Belichick's name is mentioned, as should everyone who values fairness in all sports.
    You will just have to learn to deal with it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #45
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    BTW.. this is all old news.. it is like the bloody wars Packer fans wage yet over Favre, even though that has past and all the words in the world aren't changing it..

    NP.. irresponsible in place of ignorant.. either way seems to be turning a blind eye reasonable facts.

    The radio traffic that I referred to was none other than the JSonline article following the Patriot game in 05', there were a number of different reports surrounding that game of radio traffic stemming from the Patriot sidelines on unauthorized channels by the NFL. About a year ago I posted what I could find in reference to it yet, when Spygate first gained steam.. it was brushed over by the national media but never dug into.. which I find to be irresponsible in nature on their part.

    Basically I trust nothing that comes out of BB mouth.. for the life of me, I can't understand why the NFL chose to utilize his declaration that he fessed up to.

    But again.. old news that is well over the gol 'darnit.. but Billy is still a cheat in my book.
    I can agree with that last statement whole heatedly.
    I don't want anybody to misconstrue what I am saying.
    I agree that Belichick cheated.
    I agree that Goodell was too lenient on him.
    Belichick is a cheater, no doubt.

    However, I also believe that the advantage gained was marginal.
    Employing lip readers to sit in the stands with a cell phone and binocs is a much easier and more effective way to get in game information.
    In fact, I would think that the Pats would have to have employed someone like that.
    The tapes were used as a learning and research tool for whoever was watching the DC call in signals, probably from the Pats sideline.
    So my major disagreement with some posters lies not in whether or not BB cheated (he did), but in the actual severity of his infraction.

    I also think that Goodell should have suspended Belichick not because he videotaped, but because he arrogantly continued to do it less than a week after the memo went out specifically telling them not to do it.
    He was deliberately undermining the authority of the NFL, and I would have liked to see Goodell reassert his authority.

    And finally, I do agree that it is over.
    It was a year ago, and it likely had no effect on the Vikings.
    The Pats lost the Super Bowl, so the NFL doesn't have to worry about the "cheaters always win" issue.
    And it helped get a rule change introduced that I think will enhance and improve the overall game.
    And now its time to get on with our lives...
    And our lives should include the ingrained phrase "Belichick is a CONFIRMED CHEATER and is not to be trusted nor admired and his past accomplishments are forever tainted by his arrogant actions".
    So everytime that someone labels him a genius, they should immediately offset that statement with that phrase.

    So, in the sense that Belichick is no longer subject to penalties regarding Spygate, then yes it is over.
    But his legacy will be forever tainted, as noted by the Pats fan sportswriter, Kevin Hench, in the article that begins this thread.
    Furthermore, I will bring it up anytime that Belichick's name is mentioned, as should everyone who values fairness in all sports.
    You will just have to learn to deal with it.
    We get it.
    You are right.
    Everybody who disagrees with you is wrong.
    Yours is the only view point that matters, and the rest of us just have to deal with it...

    Pack, I am sorry, but apparently we are not allowed to have an intelligent conversation about this or any other topic anymore.
    Cajun has spoken.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #46
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=47411.msg826861#msg826861 date=1220032955]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=47411.msg826851#msg826851 date=1220032296]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826845#msg826845 date=1220032003]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=47411.msg826826#msg826826 date=1220030819]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826814#msg826814 date=1220029663]
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

    Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?


    =Z=
    Sure, if they were using methods that created an unfair advantage during games, yes I would suppose such a study.

    Individual players cheating vs a head of a team cheating is the heart of the question for me... I have a hell of a time believing that the Pats weren't using those video feeds for in game adjustments.. heck the NFL even adopted a new rule this year to ensure that DC are protected from such methods of cheating.. not more stealing the signals on the defensive side of the game.

    Maybe Billy will have the Audio Video guys tap into the live feeds from the opposing sidelines now.. then claim he didn't know that he couldn't do such a thing.
    ;D
    Really?

    How on earth would they be able to do that.
    The Jets, who confiscated the camera, verified that it had no video transmission ability.
    It simply had tapes.
    So that means that after every play, they would have to switch out tapes, run them to where ever somebody was who could study and interpret the tapes, and then radio down to the sideline to let them know what was coming.
    All before the QB radio is cut off when the play clock hits 15 seconds.

    Don't you think that if they wanted to use in-game signals, they would simply have a guy sitting there with binocs and a radio?
    That, BTW, is legal.

    The games were obviously kept and analyzed after the game.
    The tapes that Matt Walsh turned over were released to the public, and all of them were heavily edited.
    That could not have been done in game.
    The analysis after the fact probably created an advantage if they played that team again.
    Or more appropriately if they played that defensive coordinator again.
    But to think that there was some kind of in game advantage is a huge reach.
    You both convolute the simpler fact:
    Belichick is a CONFIRMED CHEATER!
    NO excuses or finger pointing can ever change that.
    Therefore, he deserves to be permanently labeled as such.
    And if you want to label Merriman, Edwards, Harrison, etc. as steriod and HGH cheaters, be my guest.
    I don't use labels.
    You can if you like, just be sure to apply them uniformly.

    Besides, that is not the issue at hand.
    Nobody is debating whether or not he cheated.
    We are talking about whether or not his actions gave the Pats an in game advantage.

    You are a pretty smart guy, I find it hard to believe that you don't have anything better to contribute other than "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER".
    [/quote]

    The title of the article is "Spygate stench sticks to Belichick"...nowhere in there do I see a statement of whether or not it gave him an advantage or not.
    It is you who are the one who is off-track here.

    And if "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER" applies, then he only has himself to blame.
    BUT if the breaking of the rules DIDN'T give him any sort of advantage, then maybe we should change the "chant" to "DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE" instead of continuing to label him as a "genius".
    [/quote]

    You didn't see the statement?
    Well perhaps you should look at the ongoing conversation before you jump in.
    Pack and I were talking about whether or not the tapes were used to give him an advantage during the game.
    I never said that it didn't give him an advantage, I said that it likely didn't help DURING THE fricken GAME.
    If you are going to contradict me, at least make an effort to follow the topic at hand.

    Now I think you are just arguing because you like to.
    [/quote]

    And perhaps you didn't note that I was referring to the fact that the ENTIRE ARTICLE was not about whether he FRICKEN got an in-game advantage (which you or I will NEVER know because FRICKEN relevant evidence was destroyed).
    Nor do I want to discuss whether he got an in-game advantage, because the aforementioned relevant evidence was FRICKEN destroyed before any of us could see it to make a valid judgment.
    In doing so, Goodell created a reasonable doubt that there was something more, a point that will be debated and questioned from now until eternity.
    I was not attempting to FRICKEN contradict you since when I said "advantage" I was referring to the "in-game advantage" that you two were discussing (and thought that you would get it instead of attempting to use semantics to disparage my post).
    My point was that you were taking the topic off course, and I stand by that.

    It seems to me that you like to argue as much as you accuse me of, so don't complain when someone else does it too.
    [/quote]

    <sigh>

    OK, you win.
    I am tired of having these conversations.
    [/quote]
    I was tired a long time ago.
    But don't fool yourself, you will involve yourself in another similar discussion before long...because you like it as much as the rest of us.


    And don't misunderstand my zeal.
    I respect your knowledge and debate abilities on this board and harbor no ill will against you.
    I hope that you feel the same.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #47
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    And don't misunderstand my zeal.
    I respect your knowledge and debate abilities on this board and harbor no ill will against you.
    I hope that you feel the same.
    I harbor no ill will at all, and do respect you.
    I will not, however, engage in these conversation anymore.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #48
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    BTW.. this is all old news.. it is like the bloody wars Packer fans wage yet over Favre, even though that has past and all the words in the world aren't changing it..

    NP.. irresponsible in place of ignorant.. either way seems to be turning a blind eye reasonable facts.

    The radio traffic that I referred to was none other than the JSonline article following the Patriot game in 05', there were a number of different reports surrounding that game of radio traffic stemming from the Patriot sidelines on unauthorized channels by the NFL. About a year ago I posted what I could find in reference to it yet, when Spygate first gained steam.. it was brushed over by the national media but never dug into.. which I find to be irresponsible in nature on their part.

    Basically I trust nothing that comes out of BB mouth.. for the life of me, I can't understand why the NFL chose to utilize his declaration that he fessed up to.

    But again.. old news that is well over the gol 'darnit.. but Billy is still a cheat in my book.
    I can agree with that last statement whole heatedly.
    I don't want anybody to misconstrue what I am saying.
    I agree that Belichick cheated.
    I agree that Goodell was too lenient on him.
    Belichick is a cheater, no doubt.

    However, I also believe that the advantage gained was marginal.
    Employing lip readers to sit in the stands with a cell phone and binocs is a much easier and more effective way to get in game information.
    In fact, I would think that the Pats would have to have employed someone like that.
    The tapes were used as a learning and research tool for whoever was watching the DC call in signals, probably from the Pats sideline.
    So my major disagreement with some posters lies not in whether or not BB cheated (he did), but in the actual severity of his infraction.

    I also think that Goodell should have suspended Belichick not because he videotaped, but because he arrogantly continued to do it less than a week after the memo went out specifically telling them not to do it.
    He was deliberately undermining the authority of the NFL, and I would have liked to see Goodell reassert his authority.

    And finally, I do agree that it is over.
    It was a year ago, and it likely had no effect on the Vikings.
    The Pats lost the Super Bowl, so the NFL doesn't have to worry about the "cheaters always win" issue.
    And it helped get a rule change introduced that I think will enhance and improve the overall game.
    And now its time to get on with our lives...
    And our lives should include the ingrained phrase "Belichick is a CONFIRMED CHEATER and is not to be trusted nor admired and his past accomplishments are forever tainted by his arrogant actions".
    So everytime that someone labels him a genius, they should immediately offset that statement with that phrase.

    So, in the sense that Belichick is no longer subject to penalties regarding Spygate, then yes it is over.
    But his legacy will be forever tainted, as noted by the Pats fan sportswriter, Kevin Hench, in the article that begins this thread.
    Furthermore, I will bring it up anytime that Belichick's name is mentioned, as should everyone who values fairness in all sports.
    You will just have to learn to deal with it.
    We get it.
    You are right.
    Everybody who disagrees with you is wrong.
    Yours is the only view point that matters, and the rest of us just have to deal with it...
    Nope, you just have to deal with the fact that I won't stop calling Belichick a cheater (deservedly so) on here.
    That's all.
    Besides, I never said that you were wrong, I just disagree with giving him a pass on this issue.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #49
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    And don't misunderstand my zeal.
    I respect your knowledge and debate abilities on this board and harbor no ill will against you.
    I hope that you feel the same.
    I harbor no ill will at all, and do respect you.
    I will not, however, engage in these conversation anymore.
    :-*
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #50
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    And don't misunderstand my zeal.
    I respect your knowledge and debate abilities on this board and harbor no ill will against you.
    I hope that you feel the same.
    I harbor no ill will at all, and do respect you.
    I will not, however, engage in these conversation anymore.
    Promises, promises.
    I believe you like I believe that Belichick will not cheat again.


    Besides, why miss all the fun?
    These boards are boring otherwise.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BBQ Ate Too Many Pixie Sticks for Breakfast This Morning...
    By BBQ Platypus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 768
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 12:44 PM
  2. Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 06:37 PM
  3. Joey Porter criticizes league's handling of Pats, Spygate
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 11:57 AM
  4. Conspiracy Theory on Spygate....
    By darkarkitekt in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
  5. Ex-Patriot Walsh asks for protection to release Spygate tapes
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 05:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •