funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    BTW.. this is all old news.. it is like the bloody wars Packer fans wage yet over Favre, even though that has past and all the words in the world aren't changing it..

NP.. irresponsible in place of ignorant.. either way seems to be turning a blind eye reasonable facts.

The radio traffic that I referred to was none other than the JSonline article following the Patriot game in 05', there were a number of different reports surrounding that game of radio traffic stemming from the Patriot sidelines on unauthorized channels by the NFL. About a year ago I posted what I could find in reference to it yet, when Spygate first gained steam.. it was brushed over by the national media but never dug into.. which I find to be irresponsible in nature on their part.

Basically I trust nothing that comes out of BB mouth.. for the life of me, I can't understand why the NFL chose to utilize his declaration that he fessed up to.

But again.. old news that is well over the gol 'darnit.. but Billy is still a cheat in my book.
    And even Patriots fans like the sportswriter Kevin Hench have to admit to it.
    And since it is his article posted today that brought it up again, this "old news" obviously still has some relevance.
    Zeus and Nodak... two people that demand facts from everyone for their opinions.... but sure find it easy to ignore the facts in this case.
    C Mac D....one person who likes to generalize w/out actually reading.
    I haven't defended anyone but the writer of the article.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    BTW.. this is all old news.. it is like the bloody wars Packer fans wage yet over Favre, even though that has past and all the words in the world aren't changing it..

NP.. irresponsible in place of ignorant.. either way seems to be turning a blind eye reasonable facts.

The radio traffic that I referred to was none other than the JSonline article following the Patriot game in 05', there were a number of different reports surrounding that game of radio traffic stemming from the Patriot sidelines on unauthorized channels by the NFL. About a year ago I posted what I could find in reference to it yet, when Spygate first gained steam.. it was brushed over by the national media but never dug into.. which I find to be irresponsible in nature on their part.

Basically I trust nothing that comes out of BB mouth.. for the life of me, I can't understand why the NFL chose to utilize his declaration that he fessed up to.

But again.. old news that is well over the gol 'darnit.. but Billy is still a cheat in my book.
    And since it is his article posted today that brought it up again, this "old news" obviously still has some relevance.
    Zeus and Nodak... two people that demand facts from everyone for their opinions.... but sure find it easy to ignore the facts in this case.

=Z=
    No, actually I'm referring to the past year of your postings on this issue.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

=Z=
    Defended him from WHAT?
    That he isn't a Pats fans?
    Once again, you were wrong.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Here is what Pats fan (and Red Sox and Celtics and Bruins fan) Kevin Hench, has to say to that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8497726/Spygate-stench-sticks-to-Belichick
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

What facts am I missing?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=47411.msg826826#msg826826 date=1220030819]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826814#msg826814 date=1220029663]
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?

=Z=
    Sure, if they were using methods that created an unfair advantage during games, yes I would suppose such a study.

Individual players cheating vs a head of a team cheating is the heart of the question for me... I have a hell of a time believing that the Pats weren't using those video feeds for in game adjustments.. heck the NFL even adopted a new rule this year to ensure that DC are protected from such methods of cheating.. not more stealing the signals on the defensive side of the game.

Maybe Billy will have the Audio Video guys tap into the live feeds from the opposing sidelines now.. then claim he didn't know that he couldn't do such a thing.
    ;D
    Really?

How on earth would they be able to do that.
    The Jets, who confiscated the camera, verified that it had no video transmission ability.
    It simply had tapes.
    So that means that after every play, they would have to switch out tapes, run them to where ever somebody was who could study and interpret the tapes, and then radio down to the sideline to let them know what was coming.
    All before the QB radio is cut off when the play clock hits 15 seconds.

Don't you think that if they wanted to use in-game signals, they would simply have a guy sitting there with binocs and a radio?
    That, BTW, is legal.

The games were obviously kept and analyzed after the game.
    The tapes that Matt Walsh turned over were released to the public, and all of them were heavily edited.
    That could not have been done in game.
    The analysis after the fact probably created an advantage if they played that team again.
    Or more appropriately if they played that defensive coordinator again.
    But to think that there was some kind of in game advantage is a huge reach.
    You both convolute the simpler fact:
    Belichick is a CONFIRMED CHEATER!
    NO excuses or finger pointing can ever change that.
    Therefore, he deserves to be permanently labeled as such.
    And if you want to label Merriman, Edwards, Harrison, etc. as steriod and HGH cheaters, be my guest.
    I don't use labels.
    You can if you like, just be sure to apply them uniformly.

Besides, that is not the issue at hand.
    Nobody is debating whether or not he cheated.
    We are talking about whether or not his actions gave the Pats an in game advantage.

You are a pretty smart guy, I find it hard to believe that you don't have anything better to contribute other than "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER".
    [/quote]

The title of the article is "Spygate stench sticks to Belichick"...nowhere in there do I see a statement of whether or not it gave him an advantage or not.
    It is you who are the one who is off-track here.

And if "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER" applies, then he only has himself to blame.
    BUT if the breaking of the rules DIDN'T give him any sort of advantage, then maybe we should change the "chant" to "DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE" instead of continuing to label him as a "genius".
    [/quote]

You didn't see the statement?
    Well perhaps you should look at the ongoing conversation before you jump in.
    Pack and I were talking about whether or not the tapes were used to give him an advantage during the game.
    I never said that it didn't give him an advantage, I said that it likely didn't help DURING THE FUCKING GAME.
    If you are going to contradict me, at least make an effort to follow the topic at hand.

Now I think you are just arguing because you like to.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:

I can agree with that last statement whole heatedly.
    I don't want anybody to misconstrue what I am saying.
    I agree that Belichick cheated.
    I agree that Goodell was too lenient on him.
    Belichick is a cheater, no doubt.

However, I also believe that the advantage gained was marginal.
    Employing lip readers to sit in the stands with a cell phone and binocs is a much easier and more effective way to get in game information.
    In fact, I would think that the Pats would have to have employed someone like that.
    The tapes were used as a learning and research tool for whoever was watching the DC call in signals, probably from the Pats sideline.
    So my major disagreement with some posters lies not in whether or not BB cheated (he did), but in the actual severity of his infraction.

I also think that Goodell should have suspended Belichick not because he videotaped, but because he arrogantly continued to do it less than a week after the memo went out specifically telling them not to do it.
    He was deliberately undermining the authority of the NFL, and I would have liked to see Goodell reassert his authority.

And finally, I do agree that it is over.
    It was a year ago, and it likely had no effect on the Vikings.
    The Pats lost the Super Bowl, so the NFL doesn't have to worry about the "cheaters always win" issue.
    And it helped get a rule change introduced that I think will enhance and improve the overall game.
    And now its time to get on with our lives...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826845#msg826845 date=1220032003]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=47411.msg826826#msg826826 date=1220030819]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=47411.msg826814#msg826814 date=1220029663]
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?

=Z=
    Sure, if they were using methods that created an unfair advantage during games, yes I would suppose such a study.

Individual players cheating vs a head of a team cheating is the heart of the question for me... I have a hell of a time believing that the Pats weren't using those video feeds for in game adjustments.. heck the NFL even adopted a new rule this year to ensure that DC are protected from such methods of cheating.. not more stealing the signals on the defensive side of the game.

Maybe Billy will have the Audio Video guys tap into the live feeds from the opposing sidelines now.. then claim he didn't know that he couldn't do such a thing.
    ;D
    Really?

How on earth would they be able to do that.
    The Jets, who confiscated the camera, verified that it had no video transmission ability.
    It simply had tapes.
    So that means that after every play, they would have to switch out tapes, run them to where ever somebody was who could study and interpret the tapes, and then radio down to the sideline to let them know what was coming.
    All before the QB radio is cut off when the play clock hits 15 seconds.

Don't you think that if they wanted to use in-game signals, they would simply have a guy sitting there with binocs and a radio?
    That, BTW, is legal.

The games were obviously kept and analyzed after the game.
    The tapes that Matt Walsh turned over were released to the public, and all of them were heavily edited.
    That could not have been done in game.
    The analysis after the fact probably created an advantage if they played that team again.
    Or more appropriately if they played that defensive coordinator again.
    But to think that there was some kind of in game advantage is a huge reach.
    You both convolute the simpler fact:
    Belichick is a CONFIRMED CHEATER!
    NO excuses or finger pointing can ever change that.
    Therefore, he deserves to be permanently labeled as such.
    And if you want to label Merriman, Edwards, Harrison, etc. as steriod and HGH cheaters, be my guest.
    I don't use labels.
    You can if you like, just be sure to apply them uniformly.

Besides, that is not the issue at hand.
    Nobody is debating whether or not he cheated.
    We are talking about whether or not his actions gave the Pats an in game advantage.

You are a pretty smart guy, I find it hard to believe that you don't have anything better to contribute other than "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER".
    [/quote]

The title of the article is "Spygate stench sticks to Belichick"...nowhere in there do I see a statement of whether or not it gave him an advantage or not.
    It is you who are the one who is off-track here.

And if "CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER" applies, then he only has himself to blame.
    BUT if the breaking of the rules DIDN'T give him any sort of advantage, then maybe we should change the "chant" to "DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE, DUMBARSE" instead of continuing to label him as a "genius".
    [/quote]

You didn't see the statement?
    Well perhaps you should look at the ongoing conversation before you jump in.
    Pack and I were talking about whether or not the tapes were used to give him an advantage during the game.
    I never said that it didn't give him an advantage, I said that it likely didn't help DURING THE FUCKING GAME.
    If you are going to contradict me, at least make an effort to follow the topic at hand.

Now I think you are just arguing because you like to.
    [/quote]
    he's a lawyer, if he didn't like arguing, he would have become an accountant or something.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

NP.. while I have no proof other than the JSonline article... I have to believe that there was more value to these taping than just to archive them for future reference. You have game footage that you can breakdown for team tendencies and formation queues... they had the signals for a reason.. let's look at the Packers 05 case.. the Packers were really challenging for a playoff spot that year, so why tape their signals if you probably weren't going to face them again in a given season with a given staff?

Something is amiss about the reason and the value that the tapes supplied... since I can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Pats were in direct communication to the tape operator.. there is reasonable questions on why tape them at all if you aren't going to utilize them on a team you only faced once in a given season.

But I agree.. he got off to easy and honestly, that is part of my whole issue with the dang thing.. he wasn't punished fairly for his actions.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast