Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53
  1. #11
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

    Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?


    =Z=
    Sure, why not?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't even have to comment, this Pats homer writer says it all in the title of his article:

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8497726/Spygate-stench-sticks-to-Belichick
    Do you have ANY evidence that Kevin Hench (the article's author) is a "Pats homer"?

    Because I have TONS of evidence that he lives in California and is a national contributor to Fox Sports.
    Read the first paragraph of the Clemens portion of the article (then STFU):

    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2003/08/31/gm_a_distaff_position/
    So - he's a Red Sox homer, thus, he must be a Patriots guy, too?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    Please, without Tom Brady Beli-cheat would have won ZERO superbowls as a head coach.

    Fact is, without Brady, the Patriots are a sub-0.500 team


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  4. #14
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

    Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?


    =Z=
    Sure, if they were using methods that created an unfair advantage during games, yes I would suppose such a study.

    Individual players cheating vs a head of a team cheating is the heart of the question for me... I have a hell of a time believing that the Pats weren't using those video feeds for in game adjustments.. heck the NFL even adopted a new rule this year to ensure that DC are protected from such methods of cheating.. no more stealing the signals on the defensive side of the game.

    Maybe Billy will have the Audio Video guys tap into the live feeds from the opposing sidelines now.. then claim he didn't know that he couldn't do such a thing.
    ;D

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

    Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?


    =Z=
    They sure should.
    After all, we have no idea to what level they cheated in the game.

    The assumption that the Pats cheated in any superbowl is poor.
    We know that he cheated in regular season games.
    Most people understand that the materials they collected could not feasibly be used to gain an in-game advantage.
    In order for his efforts to have made a difference in a superbowl, the Pats would have to have played their opponent already somewhat recently.
    The only one in which this is applicable would be SuperBowl XXXVI against the Rams, because they did in fact play the Rams earlier in the season (Rams won that game 24-17).

    So if you want to argue that the Pats SB victory in SB XXXVI should have an asterisk next to it, I won't argue.
    I disagree, but I can understand and respect where you would be coming from.
    But to assume that they were cheating in every single one of their superbowls solely because they were caught breaking a rule last year is irresponsible.


    If we were to do that, then we should assume that Fav-re abused drugs his entire career.
    After all, we know he did for a portion of it.
    And every time that Ray Edwards has a good game, we should assume that he is still using creatine, or whatever performance-enhancing drug he used before.
    After all, he was caught breaking that rule too.
    I bet every single game he ever had was a direct result of creatine...

    Do you see how easy it is to go off the deep end with assumptions like that?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

    Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?


    =Z=
    Sure, if they were using methods that created an unfair advantage during games, yes I would suppose such a study.

    Individual players cheating vs a head of a team cheating is the heart of the question for me... I have a hell of a time believing that the Pats weren't using those video feeds for in game adjustments.. heck the NFL even adopted a new rule this year to ensure that DC are protected from such methods of cheating.. not more stealing the signals on the defensive side of the game.

    Maybe Billy will have the Audio Video guys tap into the live feeds from the opposing sidelines now.. then claim he didn't know that he couldn't do such a thing.
    ;D
    Really?

    How on earth would they be able to do that.
    The Jets, who confiscated the camera, verified that it had no video transmission ability.
    It simply had tapes.
    So that means that after every play, they would have to switch out tapes, run them to where ever somebody was who could study and interpret the tapes, and then radio down to the sideline to let them know what was coming.
    All before the QB radio is cut off when the play clock hits 15 seconds.

    Don't you think that if they wanted to use in-game signals, they would simply have a guy sitting there with binocs and a radio?
    That, BTW, is legal.

    The games were obviously kept and analyzed after the game.
    The tapes that Matt Walsh turned over were released to the public, and all of them were heavily edited.
    That could not have been done in game.
    The analysis after the fact probably created an advantage if they played that team again.
    Or more appropriately if they played that defensive coordinator again.
    But to think that there was some kind of in game advantage is a huge reach.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't even have to comment, this Pats homer writer says it all in the title of his article:

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8497726/Spygate-stench-sticks-to-Belichick
    Do you have ANY evidence that Kevin Hench (the article's author) is a "Pats homer"?

    Because I have TONS of evidence that he lives in California and is a national contributor to Fox Sports.
    Read the first paragraph of the Clemens portion of the article (then STFU):

    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2003/08/31/gm_a_distaff_position/
    So - he's a Red Sox homer, thus, he must be a Patriots guy, too?

    =Z=
    He already admittedly is.
    Perhaps you don't realize that he and Bill "The Sports Guy" Simmons are buddies and in fact, Simmons is the one who gave Hench his first exposure to the sports reading public (from his countless mentions of "(his) buddy Hench" in countless articles.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If we were to do that, then we should assume that Fav-re abused drugs his entire career.
    After all, we know he did for a portion of it.
    And every time that Ray Edwards has a good game, we should assume that he is still using creatine, or whatever performance-enhancing drug he used before.
    After all, he was caught breaking that rule too.
    I bet every single game he ever had was a direct result of creatine...

    Do you see how easy it is to go off the deep end with assumptions like that?
    Wait.. they put in this drug testing plan to guard against such violations and each and every player has to be tested once a year at the minimum. So for such an argument, we have a check and balance system in place to guard against these actions, and each player found guilty has to face a penalty.

    The NFL specifically put a memo out to all the teams that this practice was forbidden before the start of the 06 regular season because the Pats had been accused of the practice in 05 numerous times. Bill ignored the memo yet again, continued his practice and then claims he didn't know it was against the rules. That there is ignorance, not challenging the notion that Bill may have lied about how he used the tapes, why there was unknown audio traffic between the sidelines and Pats staff during games and in which games he taped and utilized the information gained from the tapes.

    Call me a lot of things, but ignorant should not be one.. I challenge the word of a man that knowingly cheated and a league office that was quick to destroy the evidence in question.. nothing more.

  9. #19
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    I will rejoice the day once the NFL has been purged with "Billy the Cheats" departure.. never liked the guy and the past two or three seasons of revelations have concreted the notion that I have no reason to respect a dam thing the guy has done in the NFL as a head coach.. maybe as a DC with the Giants, maybe, but I personally even though I try not to dislike a soul, it doesn't seem to apply to Billy Boy.

    Personally everyone of the SB trophies he has won should have a * next to them.. we have no idea to what level e cheated within the game.. I hope they tank it this year..
    Should the NFL go back and investigate the Packer teams of the 60s to see if they ever cheated?


    =Z=
    Sure, if they were using methods that created an unfair advantage during games, yes I would suppose such a study.

    Individual players cheating vs a head of a team cheating is the heart of the question for me... I have a hell of a time believing that the Pats weren't using those video feeds for in game adjustments.. heck the NFL even adopted a new rule this year to ensure that DC are protected from such methods of cheating.. not more stealing the signals on the defensive side of the game.

    Maybe Billy will have the Audio Video guys tap into the live feeds from the opposing sidelines now.. then claim he didn't know that he couldn't do such a thing.
    ;D
    Really?

    How on earth would they be able to do that.
    The Jets, who confiscated the camera, verified that it had no video transmission ability.
    It simply had tapes.
    So that means that after every play, they would have to switch out tapes, run them to where ever somebody was who could study and interpret the tapes, and then radio down to the sideline to let them know what was coming.
    All before the QB radio is cut off when the play clock hits 15 seconds.

    Don't you think that if they wanted to use in-game signals, they would simply have a guy sitting there with binocs and a radio?
    That, BTW, is legal.

    The games were obviously kept and analyzed after the game.
    The tapes that Matt Walsh turned over were released to the public, and all of them were heavily edited.
    That could not have been done in game.
    The analysis after the fact probably created an advantage if they played that team again.
    Or more appropriately if they played that defensive coordinator again.
    But to think that there was some kind of in game advantage is a huge reach.

    Haha... Patriots were proven cheating since their first Super Bowl win. End of story.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Spygate stench sticks to Belichick

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If we were to do that, then we should assume that Fav-re abused drugs his entire career.
    After all, we know he did for a portion of it.
    And every time that Ray Edwards has a good game, we should assume that he is still using creatine, or whatever performance-enhancing drug he used before.
    After all, he was caught breaking that rule too.
    I bet every single game he ever had was a direct result of creatine...

    Do you see how easy it is to go off the deep end with assumptions like that?
    Wait.. they put in this drug testing plan to guard against such violations and each and every player has to be tested once a year at the minimum. So for such an argument, we have a check and balance system in place to guard against these actions, and each player found guilty has to face a penalty.

    The NFL specifically put a memo out to all the teams that this practice was forbidden before the start of the 06 regular season because the Pats had been accused of the practice in 05 numerous times. Bill ignored the memo yet again, continued his practice and then claims he didn't know it was against the rules. That there is ignorance, not challenging the notion that Bill may have lied about how he used the tapes, why there was unknown audio traffic between the sidelines and Pats staff during games and in which games he taped and utilized the information gained from the tapes.

    Call me a lot of things, but ignorant should not be one.. I challenge the word of a man that knowingly cheated and a league office that was quick to destroy the evidence in question.. nothing more.
    I don't believe I ever called you ignorant.

    To be more accurate, the NFL put out a memo to ALL teams because there were reports of several teams doing it.
    BB was the only one arrogant enough to continue.

    And what unknown audio traffic between the sidelines and Pats staff during games are you referring to?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BBQ Ate Too Many Pixie Sticks for Breakfast This Morning...
    By BBQ Platypus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 768
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 12:44 PM
  2. Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 06:37 PM
  3. Joey Porter criticizes league's handling of Pats, Spygate
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 11:57 AM
  4. Conspiracy Theory on Spygate....
    By darkarkitekt in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
  5. Ex-Patriot Walsh asks for protection to release Spygate tapes
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 05:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •