Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurplePlain is offline Rookie

Spielman's Illogic

The idea that we may take another QB at 7 makes me ill. This was further made a possibility by Spielmans' defense of such a move by comparing us taking Quinn to the Falcons taking Schaub in the 3rd round!!

How can you compare a 3rd round pick with the 7th overall in the same breath??? Has he lost his mind??

"Let's say you have two young quarterbacks like that," Spielman said. "OK, Michael Vick you just paid a heap of money to, but if someone wants to go out and get Schaub that bad and thinks that highly of him, you're going to get a couple nice picks to build the future of your roster. So they can have some value -- even if they are a backup -- to another team to become a starter and you can get a pretty good pick for that."

If Quinn is still there in the 3rd round........ I'm all over that. But the 7th over all?????? Get a rope.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Spielman's Illogic

I don't think anyone ever said Spielman was logical ;D
    Living in South Florida I was very unhappy when he was hired.
    I saw what he did to the Dolphins.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Spielman and Childress have said a bunch of times that they like the Green Bay model, where you draft a quarterback, develop him, and then trade him for draft picks. That's how Green Bay built some very good teams. I think that's what he was getting at.

Not sure about doing it 7th overall though.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Should be interesting to see what Spielman does with this 7th pick..it seems like hes holding it up going boohoo we have the 7th pick...lol

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Spielman isn't comparing taking Quinn to drafting Shaub he is comparing their drafting strategy (ie. drafting Vick and Shaub) in consecutive years to what we may do if we draft Quinn and have Tarvaris.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

moviking is offline Training Camp

Quinn with the #7??
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!!

Remember what happened last time we got a QB in the first round.......
    SKOL VIKES!!
    All Hail Bud!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"moviking" wrote:
    Quinn with the #7??
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!!

Remember what happened last time we got a QB in the first round.......
    he had one of the top offenses for a few years?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePlain" wrote:
    The idea that we may take another QB at 7 makes me ill. This was further made a possibility by Spielmans' defense of such a move by comparing us taking Quinn to the Falcons taking Schaub in the 3rd round!!

How can you compare a 3rd round pick with the 7th overall in the same breath??? Has he lost his mind??

"Let's say you have two young quarterbacks like that," Spielman said. "OK, Michael Vick you just paid a heap of money to, but if someone wants to go out and get Schaub that bad and thinks that highly of him, you're going to get a couple nice picks to build the future of your roster. So they can have some value -- even if they are a backup -- to another team to become a starter and you can get a pretty good pick for that."

If Quinn is still there in the 3rd round........ I'm all over that. But the 7th over all?????? Get a rope.
    Relax. Jeez!

First, most of this is posturing.

Second, he said nothing about Quinn, nor about taking a QB with the #7 pick.
    He is talking about drafting another QB to develop and compete with TJ... but not necessarily in the first round.

Don't get you undies in a bunch by reading too much into it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If we draft any QB with the 7th pick, I will f'n puke right on my bigscreen.. Especially when we all know that David Carr can be had for a 3rd or 4th rd pick.. If that happens, it will be death to Childress, and Spielman..

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

People, stop overreacting. Read into it a little bit. If Spielman REALLY wanted Quinn so much, why would he be talking it up like we were to draft him. Usually teams don't show which player they really want before the draft.

It's a ploy to get the texans, panthers etc. to trade up. It's simple. Tarvaris is our starter. We're just trying to get some extra draft picks out of this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast