sodaknick is offline Starter

Spergon Wynn & Ricky Williams Hurt!

In case anyone cares, I just finished watching the Toronto Argonauts play the Saskatchewan Roughriders. It was a fantastic game. Spergon Wynn got absolutely pasted and was carried off the field. Williams was knocked out of the game, as well. In came Wynn's backup... former heisman trophy winner Eric Crouch! I have to admit, I really like the CFL. Anytime you wonder how big the difference in talent is between the CFL and the NFL, though, just remember that Spergon Wynn is a starting quarterback in the CFL. Come to think of it, how crappy must Eric Crouch be to ride the pines behind Wynn ops: .

Man, am I ready for some football!! :cheers:

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Spergon Wynn & Ricky Williams Hurt!

How'd Wiiliams get hurt? Not enough grass?

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I've never really understood the hatred you guys have for Spergon Wynn.

I saw him suck for a few games that one year, but

a) it wasn't like he ruined the season or anything - the Vikings were already out
    b) I don't know what everyone really expected for a #3 QB who barely made the team - I wouldn't expect much different stats from JT O'Sullivan.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    I've never really understood the hatred you guys have for Spergon Wynn.

I saw him suck for a few games that one year, but

a) it wasn't like he ruined the season or anything - the Vikings were already out
    b) I don't know what everyone really expected for a #3 QB who barely made the team - I wouldn't expect much different stats from JT O'Sullivan.
    I have nothing against Spergon Wynn. He has looked pretty good in the CFL. I've been rooting for him. It's just that, the guy does not have the skill for the NFL (maybe the wide open of the CFL suits him better). And comparing him with JT O'Sullivan isn't exactly showing high esteem. O'Sullivan probably won't make it, either (although I like him, too).

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"sodaknick" wrote:
    In case anyone cares, I just finished watching the Toronto Argonauts play the Saskatchewan Roughriders. It was a fantastic game. Spergon Wynn got absolutely pasted and was carried off the field. Williams was knocked out of the game, as well. In came Wynn's backup... former heisman trophy winner Eric Crouch! I have to admit, I really like the CFL. Anytime you wonder how big the difference in talent is between the CFL and the NFL, though, just remember that Spergon Wynn is a starting quarterback in the CFL. Come to think of it, how crappy must Eric Crouch be to ride the pines behind Wynn ops: .

He's not the starter. Damon Allen is the starter making Wynn the backup and Crouch (Couch?) the 3rd string. Allen was hurt in the first game of the season i believe against the ti-cats.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "sodaknick" wrote:

He's not the starter. Damon Allen is the starter making Wynn the backup and Crouch (Couch?) the 3rd string. Allen was hurt in the first game of the season i believe against the ti-cats.
    Sorry. I don't keep up on the CFL closely enough. I'm just watching the CFL to prime the pump for American football, but I've actually come to really enjoy watching footbal in the Great White North.

And ,no it's not Tim Couch, it's Eric Crouch. He tried to catch on as a receiver with a couple NFL teams, but wasn't good enough at that either. They were actually comparing him to another Argo man, Doug Flutie, during the game, but that's just craziness. Crouch has some potential, but he's no Doug Flutie.

Here's PFT's take on Ricky and the game. Say what you will about PFT, their articles are entertaining.

(I may be the only one interested in this, but on the off chance that someone else is, I thought I'd throw it out.)

RICKY BREAKS AN ARM

The guy who was the Reggie Bush of New Orleans a short seven years ago has broken an arm in his most recent destination.

Ricky Williams of the Miami Dolphins, on loan to the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL due to a banishment for at least one year from the NFL, suffered the injury in the first half of the Argos' Saturday night game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Before getting hurt, he had gained 17 yards on five carries.

"I thought he had hurt his shoulder the way he was leaning," Argos head coach Michael Clemons said, according to the Toronto Sun. "You talk about fortitude. It's a clean break. He just came off quietly, didn't say anything. I'd I've [sic] been screaming." (Maybe Ricky is just naturally, um, mellow.)

There's no timetable for Williams' return. Former NFL running back John Avery, the starter before Ricky came to town, will take his place.

And the Argos ultimately won the game, thanks to the performance of former NFL quarterback turned receiver turned defensive back turned kick returner turned quarterback Eric Crouch, who like Williams (and Bush) once won a Heisman trophy, filled in for former NFL quarterback Spergon Wynn, who didn't win a Heisman but who was drafted higher than three-time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady.

Crouch got the game ball for his performance in the Argos' 26-23 victory.