singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Specter Says Patriots Are Not in Clear

[size=13pt]Specter Says Patriots Are Not in Clear[/size]

By GREG BISHOP
    nytimes.com

Published: June 20, 2008

Senator Arlen Specter clarified Thursday that his involvement in the New England Patriots’ videotaping controversy was not over. Neither is his battle with the N.F.L....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Specter Says Patriots Are Not in Clear

Good...they should have the specter (pun intended) of further investigation looming over them.
    It will keep Bill I Cheat in check and keep him from trying to "misinterpret" further rules..
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Mr. Anderson Says Specter is Still Jealous His Eagles Lost in the Super Bowl.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Specter said. “We went about as far as we could go, given the public attitude today about the economy and gas prices and Iraq."
    Boy oh boy, people with there attitudes......wanting the government involved with the economy and a little oversea [s]war[/s] unrest, and gas prices whats the deal with that.
    Arlen Comcast Specter has his own agenda he wants to work on, stop pressuring him work that other boring stuff that isn't an issue with him.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

Why the heck does congress insist on investigating sports? It is far outside of any power they should have and a waste of our (the taxpayers) money and time.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    Why the heck does congress insist on investigating sports? It is far outside of any power they should have and a waste of our (the taxpayers) money and time.
    I agree that for the most part congress should keep their nose out of it, and as a Pennsylvanian I am familiar with Specter, and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He's using this as a political tool, and everyone can see that.

HOWEVER,

The NFL gets special attention from congress because of their anti-trust exemption. As soon as the NFL was given a government exemption, it effectively opened the door for congress to stick their nose into anything they want to.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    If the owners expect the government to foot the bill for there shiny new stadiums, then they have every right to keep tabs on all things they do.

The owners should pay for there own damn stadium! We pay for the construction, yet still have to pay high dollar to walk into the stadium that WE funded.

"Chazz" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    If the owners expect the government to foot the bill for there shiny new stadiums, then they have every right to keep tabs on all things they do.

The owners should pay for there own damn stadium! We pay for the construction, yet still have to pay high dollar to walk into the stadium that WE funded.
    I know it is kinda nitpicky, but the state government generally is the ones funding stadiums, not the federal government

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    I agree that for the most part congress should keep their nose out of it, and as a Pennsylvanian I am familiar with Specter, and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He's using this as a political tool, and everyone can see that.

HOWEVER,

The NFL gets special attention from congress because of their anti-trust exemption. As soon as the NFL was given a government exemption, it effectively opened the door for congress to stick their nose into anything they want to.
    The problem here is that cheating within the league has absolutely nothign to do with anti-trust, and therefore the government still (imho at least) is overreaching their authority.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:

HOWEVER,

The problem here is that cheating within the league has absolutely nothign to do with anti-trust, and therefore the government still (imho at least) is overreaching their authority.
    Yes it does........

because we can no longer trust them.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"