AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sources: Terrell Owens had surgery

Sources: Terrell Owens had surgery

Another source said Owens tore the ACL during a personal workout but other sources could not confirm the cause of injury. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, also was unavailable for comment Sunday evening. His brother and partner in the agent business, Jason Rosenhaus, said, "I don't like to deny stories or confirm or deny anything. It's really something for Drew (to address)."

Rosenhaus issued a denial to an ESPN inquiry last month about Owens' injury. Other sources close to Owens ignored specific inquiries Sunday night.
    Fancy that a client of Drew Rosenhaus ( WR too ) having offseason surgery after his agent denying any issues exist...:P
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Macken is offline Waterboy

Re: Sources: Terrell Owens had surgery

I am a huge fan of TO as an athlete, surgery wont slow him down i dont think and he can get back on the field and still outrun most of these young kids
    None

Macken is offline Waterboy

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that free agent Terrell Owens underwent surgery within the past month to repair a torn ACL.
    Per Mort, there is no further damage to the knee. One source says the injury occurred while Owens was taping a TV show for VH1; another claims T.O. tore the ACL during a personal workout. In a "best case" scenario, Owens will require six months for recovery. At that timetable, he's undraftable in fantasy leagues and unlikely to sign with an NFL team until well into the season. Even at age 37, T.O. is in the kind of supreme physical condition that suggests the injury is not of the career-ending variety. The odds are still against Owens ever regaining reliable fantasy value.
    this is why i stated that im a fan of him as an athlete
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1099529

Fancy that a client of Drew Rosenhaus ( WR too ) having offseason surgery after his agent denying any issues exist...:P
    issue is, TO really has nothing to gain by 'being injured'. He's a free agent, if he wants money, he has to be healthy. It's not like he's holding out or anything, he's not a Bengal anymore, he's just old.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Macken" #1099532
    ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that free agent Terrell Owens underwent surgery within the past month to repair a torn ACL.
    Per Mort, there is no further damage to the knee. One source says the injury occurred while Owens was taping a TV show for VH1; another claims T.O. tore the ACL during a personal workout. In a "best case" scenario, Owens will require six months for recovery. At that timetable, he's undraftable in fantasy leagues and unlikely to sign with an NFL team until well into the season. Even at age 37, T.O. is in the kind of supreme physical condition that suggests the injury is not of the career-ending variety. The odds are still against Owens ever regaining reliable fantasy value.
    this is why i stated that im a fan of him as an athlete
    but not a smart move getting yourself injured taping a TV show, especially when you're getting towards the end of your career and th potential start date to the season is coming up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099533
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1099529

issue is, TO really has nothing to gain by 'being injured'. He's a free agent, if he wants money, he has to be healthy. It's not like he's holding out or anything, he's not a Bengal anymore, he's just old.
    oh I appreciate that, obviously his agent slipped into denial mode through force of habit :laugh: