Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Something to Think About As We Watch the Game

How intense must it be to be a NFL camercat?
    No matter what happens on the field, they get it and almost every time, they have the correct angle.

Amazing to think about it really.
    Is it because those guys are gol 'darnit good or is it that there are a bazillian cameras on the field each and every game?

Because of stuff like that and the miches they have all over the field, I think the next evolution of the game could be a channel you could go to (probably would have to be payperview kindof thing) and watch and listen to the game with almost no commentary from a chucklehead sitting in the booth.

Think about it, miche up the QB, C, T's on offense and the MLB, SS, NT on defense.
    You would be able to watch it in HD and listen to all 6 of these guys once the huddle breaks to just before the play starts to get called in (huddle forms).

a. Chucklehead in the box need only to comment on a very confusing situation such as a replay/coaches challenge.
    b. Refs miche would be shut off and would only come on for clock issues or replay/coaches challenge explanation.
    c.
    It would be just you listening to what those players say along with watches them do.

One last thing, if they could synch those cameras so that a guy could watch one screen on the traditional look we look at as the teams take thier initial sets, one screen for every reciever, and one screen just on the S's.

Make it easier to watch the adjustments as they are made by the players based on the play call and pres-reads.
    ;D

Man that would be great.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingLance is offline Starter

Re: Something to Think About As We Watch the Game

.....and the wife thinks I watch enough football.... How would I justify buying 10 HD's to her...{mind spinning}.

on a side note, why not go all the way, and have a camera dedicated to each player.
    Pay Per View.
    To make it less confusing, you could choose Offensive View or Defensivee View- Or if you have 22 TV's....
    It would be the ultimate Footballl Experience.

"VikingLance" wrote:
    .....and the wife thinks I watch enough football.... How would I justify buying 10 HD's to her...{mind spinning}.

on a side note, why not go all the way, and have a camera dedicated to each player.
    Pay Per View.
    To make it less confusing, you could choose Offensive View or Defensivee View- Or if you have 22 TV's....
    It would be the ultimate Footballl Experience.
    Thank the good Lord that he blessed me with a beautiful woman who also loves the things I do.
    She would probably buy the system for me for my birthday.

Excellent Idea on the option to choose Offense or Defense.

You could watch your game, and then watch it again in re-air sometime during the week with full commentary.
    All games will be aired that way live, and then they could re-air each and every game during the week.

The more I think on this, the more I realize NFLN isn't to far off.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

I would opt out for using a screen for every player the camera followed. But put for example the WR in a picture-in-picture frame while watching the normal view of the OL and QB passing. Who would like to buy 3-5 HD TV screens and have them next to each other?

One cool thing would be to install a HD camera on top of the QBs, RBs or a WR helmet... well ANY player... And to see their video in a picture-in-picture frame while watching the normal view.

"Dekay" wrote:
    I would opt out for using a screen for every player the camera followed. But put for example the WR in a picture-in-picture frame while watching the normal view of the OL and QB passing. Who would like to buy 3-5 HD TV screens and have them next to each other?

One cool thing would be to install a HD camera on top of the QBs, RBs or a WR helmet... well ANY player... And to see their video in a picture-in-picture frame while watching the normal view.
    Good stuff.
    Love the camera on the helmet concept.
    Problem is, it sure would be tough to follow if you had to many Beasts.

The way I see it, what with the quality of vids you can get on a phone, technology probably isn't that far from all the picture in pictures.
    You ever watch the main channel on the Ticket?
    All kinds of them on one screen and you just select the one you want to watch (or in this case, focuse on).

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think, before they do anything like that, it should be a priority to get a high speed camera.
    Fucking golf and Skiing have highspeed cameras, no reason why the NFL can't.