Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    So... two guys who aren't football coaches discuss what it's like to be a football coach?

Yeah, that's a must read for sure.
    +1

Who gives a shit. We are fans. We are suppose to discuss how much of an idiot we think a coach is. Don't act like coaches don't get fired. It is a tough job but we have the right to bitch about it. I spend a lot of money.
    Bitching about it is one thing. When a fan claims that they can do a better job - that is simply wrong 99.999999% of the time.
    So you mean there is a chance?

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

There's not a single person on this board that could do better than Childress... but his job is to coach. Childress wouldn't do well in some of the careers held by some here on PPO, either.

Point being, coaching football is his chosen career path, and while the average person wouldn't be able to do his job as well, he is considered by some to be on the bottom of the well, as far as coaches go. If I say someone is bad at their job, I mean in comparison to other people that hold that job, not in comparison to everyone. Childress would out-coach every single one of us on this board.

Being a fan is awesome, we get excited when the team is doing well, and we get pissed when they're not. We can bitch and moan all we want, but we can offord to forget about it after the game is over.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

KrackerJack wrote:
    There's not a single person on this board that could do better than Childress... but his job is to coach. Childress wouldn't do well in some of the careers held by some here on PPO, either.

Point being, coaching football is his chosen career path, and while the average person wouldn't be able to do his job as well, he is considered by some to be on the bottom of the well, as far as coaches go. If I say someone is bad at their job, I mean in comparison to other people that hold that job, not in comparison to everyone. Childress would out-coach every single one of us on this board.

Being a fan is awesome, we get excited when the team is doing well, and we get pissed when they're not. We can bitch and moan all we want, but we can offord to forget about it after the game is over.
    That is so true.

I for one would never think of opening a game with a reverse pass to the QB when I had Brett, Randy, Percy and Adrian on the field. I guess it is the little things like that which separate him from the rest of us.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

There's not a single person on this board that could do better than Childress... but his job is to coach.
    I don't think that's the point.

The point is that someone like Tony Dungy could win far more games than Childress.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Infidel wrote:
    There's not a single person on this board that could do better than Childress... but his job is to coach.

The point is that someone like Tony Dungy could win far more games than Childress.
    I agree. I was trying to clarify the point I was trying to make. Simply because we criticize doesn't mean we think that we could do better ourselves, but we think that, as far as coaches go, he isn't too good. Childress is a better football coach than the average man, but among the average coach, he sits towards the bottom.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Infidel wrote:

Maybe, maybe not.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Oh Dear God!!!!! I wish we could find out, though!!!!!!!

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Infidel wrote:
    Oh Dear God!!!!! I wish we could find out, though!!!!!!!

If that means getting a young Peyton Manning as well, sign me up.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Zeus wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    So... two guys who aren't football coaches discuss what it's like to be a football coach?

Yeah, that's a must read for sure.
    And, as usual, the point is totally missed.

Why am I not surprised that one of the biggest "I Know Better" posters finds no value?

=Z=

.....yet the originator of the thread doesn't offer up any value he found.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

KrackerJack wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

I agree. I was trying to clarify the point I was trying to make. Simply because we criticize doesn't mean we think that we could do better ourselves, but we think that, as far as coaches go, he isn't too good. Childress is a better football coach than the average man, but among the average coach, he sits towards the bottom.
    I think you've got it bang on KrackerJack, the inability to do something does not automatically mean you cannot critisise when somone is obviously messing things up. Punt to lose anyone?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast