Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    marstc09 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    So... two guys who aren't football coaches discuss what it's like to be a football coach?

    Yeah, that's a must read for sure.
    +1

    Who gives a shit. We are fans. We are suppose to discuss how much of an idiot we think a coach is. Don't act like coaches don't get fired. It is a tough job but we have the right to bitch about it. I spend a lot of money.
    Bitching about it is one thing. When a fan claims that they can do a better job - that is simply wrong 99.999999% of the time.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    So... two guys who aren't football coaches discuss what it's like to be a football coach?

    Yeah, that's a must read for sure.
    +1

    Who gives a shit. We are fans. We are suppose to discuss how much of an idiot we think a coach is. Don't act like coaches don't get fired. It is a tough job but we have the right to bitch about it. I spend a lot of money.
    Bitching about it is one thing. When a fan claims that they can do a better job - that is simply wrong 99.999999% of the time.
    That's what makes us Football Fans.

    We're smarter than the coaches and more athletic than anyone that doesn't make the pro bowl.
    None

  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    Brick wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    So... two guys who aren't football coaches discuss what it's like to be a football coach?

    Yeah, that's a must read for sure.
    +1

    Who gives a shit. We are fans. We are suppose to discuss how much of an idiot we think a coach is. Don't act like coaches don't get fired. It is a tough job but we have the right to bitch about it. I spend a lot of money.
    Bitching about it is one thing. When a fan claims that they can do a better job - that is simply wrong 99.999999% of the time.
    That's what makes us Football Fans.

    We're smarter than the coaches and more athletic than anyone that doesn't make the pro bowl.
    You're not more athletic than Bryant McKinnie?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    It's not that we're better coaches than the coaches.......it's just that we possess the perspicacity to be able to tell when a coach is making a lot of dumb mistakes.

    Those are two very different things.

    Athletic?

    Most of us are probably ex-athletes.......very ex.

    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  5. #15
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    Infidel wrote:
    It's not that we're better coaches than the coaches.......it's just that we possess the perspicacity to be able to tell when a coach is making a lot of dumb mistakes.

    Those are two very different things.

    Athletic?

    Most of us are probably ex-athletes.......very ex.


    Wrong...using a word like perspicacity does not elevate your comment to "correct" status. Just because we sit back and analyze the game after the fact does not necessarily mean we as fans would have made better choices at the time the decisions were required.

    Disclaimer: This is in no way to be viewed as an endorsement of Childress.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  6. #16
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    Just because we sit back and analyze the game after the fact does not necessarily mean we as fans would have made better choices at the time the decisions were required.
    Yes, I agree.....and I thought I made that clear when I said "it's not that we're better coaches than the coaches."

    But we certainly do know when a coach is making a lot of dumb mistakes.

    I hope that's more understandable now.

    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  7. #17
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    Zeus wrote:
    You're not more athletic than Bryant McKinnie?

    =Z=
    I've tried ripping a stripper pole out of the ground, to no avail. And I'm no longer allowed at Stilettos.
    None

  8. #18
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    Infidel wrote:
    Just because we sit back and analyze the game after the fact does not necessarily mean we as fans would have made better choices at the time the decisions were required.
    Yes, I agree.....and I thought I made that clear when I said "it's not that we're better coaches than the coaches."

    But we certainly do know when a coach is making a lot of dumb mistakes.

    I hope that's more understandable now.


    True, but we don't know with certainty at the time the decisions need to be made, unless of course there are 12 men in the huddle.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  9. #19
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    I knew that.

    You were simply responding to something other than what I said.

    Lots of people do that, no big thing.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  10. #20
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Something every damn one of you needs to read

    Zeus wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    So... two guys who aren't football coaches discuss what it's like to be a football coach?

    Yeah, that's a must read for sure.
    +1

    Who gives a shit. We are fans. We are suppose to discuss how much of an idiot we think a coach is. Don't act like coaches don't get fired. It is a tough job but we have the right to bitch about it. I spend a lot of money.
    Bitching about it is one thing. When a fan claims that they can do a better job - that is simply wrong 99.999999% of the time.
    That's what makes us Football Fans.

    We're smarter than the coaches and more athletic than anyone that doesn't make the pro bowl.
    You're not more athletic than Bryant McKinnie?

    =Z=
    LOL........sitting in my chair tapping out this post makes ME more athletic than McKinnie. :lol:


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Must Read Analyst of Ponder... Best I've Read
    By b_sandhar_29 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 06:31 PM
  2. Damn, Damn, Triple, Damn
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 01:15 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 09:11 AM
  4. Damn
    By Purple Floyd in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 01:41 PM
  5. Damn!
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 04:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •