Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

some rookies this year and previous drafts

im going w list some rookies and explain why i think some rookies did hot and some didnt who i think could play better and stuff like that.

and the most famous of all

1) big ben reothlisberger.
    i was watching some highlight tape of him and geuss what. he didnt play all that great. the "bus" did. he made all his blocks and even blocked several guys at a time. i was amazed also at the amount of time his line gave him. great job by the whole OFFENSE to run so stinking smoothly w/ a rookie qb.

2)sean taylor
    played a great year as a rookie but w/ a good supporting cast that didnt rely on his good plays and playmaking ability. has a attitude that i like, and was sticking up for himself in arguements and disagreements and even playing in stride w/ great recievers like T.o., randy, and several others and backing up w/ pride in himself and his talking.

3) our very own MM
    gave the vikes some of the best running all year. had 3 starts w/ over a total of 100 yards that really opened up our passing game. i think a possible star if we play him.

4)roy willimas, lions
    played great, big physical guy. i was amazed at his maturity and it looked right away that he was going 2 be a good reciever, he just seemed to fit right in. he didnt have that rookie awkwardness that some rookies have.

5)kenechi udeze
    obviously played through shoulder injuries that slowed him down. seemed alittle paniced against the run and you could tell something was bothering him when i watcheda few games. wasnt as "ball hungry" once he got settled in. still had an impressive 5 sacks.

6)dontarious thomas
    i saw he had great speed and w/ development could become a good linebacker. i personally think he should take newmans place. i didnt enjoy newman that much. i noticed he ran w/ n8 on the kickoff and he was hitting guys!!! hes got game speed and can hit.

7)bob sanders
    an impressive rookie and played well right away. will obviously be a great leader on that d w/ freeney. i could see him play better if he became the leader in the secondary, and took that roll seriously, he could become one of the better safeties in the nfl.

ill just name off a few more that stick out in my mind
    julius jones
    micheal boulware
    eli manning hasnt been as impressive but niether has his supporting cast.
    dunta robinson
    deanglo hall was alot of hype but havent seen or heard much from him
    the eagles tackle andrews got injured but i think he will be a great ot
    spencer johnson our unsung hero of the pack game
    if there are others dont forget to post them

this years draft was pretty good and they have been the past couple of years. there were some that we couldve done better on but that always happens. like marvin harrison. and some really good players. just wanting to see what ya'll thought.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

In 1998 the 21st pick of the draft has had a pretty good career. I'm struggling with his name, oh wait I got it, RANDY MOSS!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Roethlisberger still played well for a rookie. It did help that he had a decent supporting cast around him. Actually he kinda reminds me of C-Pep with his height and his abilty to avoid the rush at times.

Roy Williams made a quick impact for the Lions as did Kevin Jones and Sean Taylor for the 'Skins.. you could tell right away when they played Denver in the Hall Of Fame game earlier in the year when he had two picks. It'll be interesting to see how Kellen Winslow does next year after coming back from injury.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

good piont demonic. and yes ben played very well dont get me wrong.

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

i picked 2003
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Roethlisberger still played well for a rookie. It did help that he had a decent supporting cast around him. Actually he kinda reminds me of C-Pep with his height and his abilty to avoid the rush at times.

Roy Williams made a quick impact for the Lions as did Kevin Jones and Sean Taylor for the 'Skins.. you could tell right away when they played Denver in the Hall Of Fame game earlier in the year when he had two picks. It'll be interesting to see how Kellen Winslow does next year after coming back from injury.
    I agree completely on Roth.

He's good, no doubt, but how many rookie QB's wouldn't have had a great season walking into a team that was set at nearly every other position....great defense, veteran receivers, two top-notch running backs....that's a pattern to follow for teams on the rebuilding path.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"JTSnow" wrote:
    i picked 2003
    I agree. I think we had better draft picks in other years, but as a whole it's hard to vote against the first year when all of our draft picks made the team.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:

I agree completely on Roth.

He's good, no doubt, but how many rookie QB's wouldn't have had a great season walking into a team that was set at nearly every other position....great defense, veteran receivers, two top-notch running backs....that's a pattern to follow for teams on the rebuilding path.
    Rottenburger had it way easy this year....let's see what he can do in subsequent years before we anoint him the second coming of Joe Montana!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I believe Chad Pennington was dubbed the next Montana, you hear less and less of that now :lol:

Ive only heard Brady being compared to Montana, and its getting hard to say elsewise.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast