Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    Bobby Carpenter has been shopped? Yeah, as if that's a surprise. Carpenter has been a complete bust since Bill Parcells brought him home from the draft.

    http://lonestarstruck.com/2009/03/so...rgettable.html

    For me, it was the 2005 draft.

    1 Troy Williamson South Carolina

    1 Erasmus James Wisconsin

    2 Marcus Johnson Mississippi

    3 Dustin Fox Ohio State

    4 Ciatrick Fason Florida

    6 C.J. Mosley Missouri

    7 Adrian Ward Texas-El Paso

    Total bust if you ask me.
    What the hell were they thinking......

    What will make you even more sick is if you go back and look at who was available when we made each selection.....

    Ware, Merriman would have looked good at 7 (Fixed DE issue they tried to fix at 18 with Erasmus.
    Clayton or Roddy White would have been good at 18 instead of reaching for T-will at seven......

    ARRRRGGGGG.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Bobby Carpenter has been shopped? Yeah, as if that's a surprise. Carpenter has been a complete bust since Bill Parcells brought him home from the draft.

    http://lonestarstruck.com/2009/03/so...rgettable.html

    For me, it was the 2005 draft.

    1 Troy Williamson South Carolina

    1 Erasmus James Wisconsin

    2 Marcus Johnson Mississippi

    3 Dustin Fox Ohio State

    4 Ciatrick Fason Florida

    6 C.J. Mosley Missouri

    7 Adrian Ward Texas-El Paso

    Total bust if you ask me.
    What the hell were they thinking......

    What will make you even more sick is if you go back and look at who was available when we made each selection.....

    Ware, Merriman would have looked good at 7 (Fixed DE issue they tried to fix at 18 with Erasmus.
    Clayton or Roddy White would have been good at 18 instead of reaching for T-will at seven......

    ARRRRGGGGG.
    To make matters worse, Red (Dirty MFer) traded Moss prior to that draft.

  3. #3
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,951

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Bobby Carpenter has been shopped? Yeah, as if that's a surprise. Carpenter has been a complete bust since Bill Parcells brought him home from the draft.

    http://lonestarstruck.com/2009/03/so...rgettable.html

    For me, it was the 2005 draft.

    1 Troy Williamson South Carolina

    1 Erasmus James Wisconsin

    2 Marcus Johnson Mississippi

    3 Dustin Fox Ohio State

    4 Ciatrick Fason Florida

    6 C.J. Mosley Missouri

    7 Adrian Ward Texas-El Paso

    Total bust if you ask me.
    What the hell were they thinking......

    What will make you even more sick is if you go back and look at who was available when we made each selection.....

    Ware, Merriman would have looked good at 7 (Fixed DE issue they tried to fix at 18 with Erasmus.
    Clayton or Roddy White would have been good at 18 instead of reaching for T-will at seven......

    ARRRRGGGGG.
    To make matters worse, Red (Dirty MFer) traded Moss prior to that draft.
    yeah, that was some bullshit... I know they were saying Tice wanted Merriman bc he went to MD and all... would have made a much better draft for us.. but you never know.. at the time it looked pretty good...

    OH WELL... yes, the draft as shitty but what ya gonna do....



  4. #4
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    Wow

    Ware or Merriman at 7

    Roddy at 18

    Woulda been killer!!!

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow

    Ware or Merriman at 7

    Roddy at 18

    Woulda been killer!!!
    I started to do some research for a thread once and then quit, however, I took each and every pick from that draft and listed the next 10 players after each one of them.

    Can't remember all the specifics but just like round one, each and every round had a guy that would have made better sense.....

    By the way, I was gonna title the thread "The draft that wasn't".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    For me, it was the 2005 draft.

    *snip*

    ARRRRGGGGG.
    Mar, man....you should know better than to play these games.

    Or shall I bring up how the Vikings failed to draft Tom Brady?
    Marques Colston?
    Or Derrick Johnson?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    Lol i hear ya marr

    I along with everyone else were scratching our heads with Williamson.. I supported it even tho I felt it was too early

    I was cool with the Erasmus pick.. He was a beast in college.. But of course injury prone.. We took a gamble

    I was happy with the Marcus pick.. We never took one early.. I thought he would be a cornerstone for us

    Fox.. I was like wow.. Bad pick.. Just an athlete

    Ciatrick.. Cool.. Needed some depth.. Looked to be a steal then

    Mosley.. Depth.. No probs there

    I stopped watching after Mosley.. When I saw this didn't care

    Before I thought it was a D MAYBE D+ rating for our draft.. No doubt its a FFFFFF now

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    For me, it was the 2005 draft.

    *snip*

    ARRRRGGGGG.
    Mar, man....you should know better than to play these games.

    Or shall I bring up how the Vikings failed to draft Tom Brady?
    Marques Colston?
    Or Derrick Johnson?

    =Z=
    Seriously, I wouldn't go that far as that really doesn't even stay with the point I was trying to make, but if you do look at each and every round one would have thought they would have got atleast one cat, at least one, to be a solid contributor for a few years.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    For me, it was the 2005 draft.

    *snip*

    ARRRRGGGGG.
    Mar, man....you should know better than to play these games.

    Or shall I bring up how the Vikings failed to draft Tom Brady?
    Marques Colston?
    Or Derrick Johnson?

    =Z=

    I find it interesting

    Some people can have a good discussion over it.. Some get too wiled up

    Oh well it's all good

  10. #10
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Some Drafts Are Unforgettable, Some You Just Want to Forget

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    For me, it was the 2005 draft.

    *snip*

    ARRRRGGGGG.
    Mar, man....you should know better than to play these games.

    Or shall I bring up how the Vikings failed to draft Tom Brady?
    Marques Colston?
    Or Derrick Johnson?
    Seriously, I wouldn't go that far as that really doesn't even stay with the point I was trying to make, but if you do look at each and every round one would have thought they would have got atleast one cat, at least one, to be a solid contributor for a few years.
    Couldn't the same be said for every team who failed to draft an All-Pro or solid contributor with each pick?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mock Drafts We Like
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 02:10 PM
  2. Drafts for the ages
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 07:34 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 07:17 PM
  4. Bad Drafts
    By Anahiem_Vikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 02:28 AM
  5. Save As Drafts....
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 04:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •