Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Some comments on DE play

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    It is somewhat difficult to get pressure when your LB core couldnt cover a one legged midget.
    I was trying to be a bit of a ass on this one.

;D

I think they tried to blitz with the LB'rs a bit much in this one and got caught with thier shorts down when the supsect OL for the PUKERS picked it up.

Sad sight to see my friend.

(By the way, nice to see ya around and Cook WILL be a good/above avg RT).
    Marr, didn't I say I hope they blitz.
    ;D

Honestly, you can beat on your 30 million dollar DE, but honestly the breakdown of your defensive front on Monday night had more to do with the interior Williams than Allen. Clifton held is own as he should for as talented as he is.

But those hogmollies inside didn't do much in the passing game as far as pressure.. I was surprised.

Not to mention, your pass defense doesn't look to be improved from last year. The Packers exposed them Monday night, most notably the safety that likes to run his mouth non stop.

If the Packers would have played a little smarter Monday night, we won't have had to hold on tight in the end.

I expect to see a fire lit under Pat and Kevin this weekend... I put a couple bucks on the Vikes this weekend.

Oh you need to add KGB to the list, although he was close a couple times.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    It is somewhat difficult to get pressure when your LB core couldnt cover a one legged midget.
    I was trying to be a bit of a jiggly butt on this one.

;D

I think they tried to blitz with the LB'rs a bit much in this one and got caught with thier shorts down when the supsect OL for the PUKERS picked it up.

;D

Honestly, you can beat on your 30 million dollar DE, but honestly they breakdown of your defensive front on Monday night had more to do with the interior Williams than Allen. Clifton held is own as he should for as talented as he is.

But those hogmollies inside didn't do much in the passing game as far as pressure.. I was surprised.

Not to mention, your pass defense doesn't look to be improved from last year. The Packers exposed them Monday night, most notably the safety that likes to run his mouth non stop.

If the Packers would have played a little smarter Monday night, we won't have had to hold on tight in the end.

I expect to see a fire lit under Pat and Kevin this weekend... I put a couple bucks on the Vikes this weekend.

The Yutz's who play Madden all the time and were arguing with me over thier Blitz Blitz and Blitz some more idea are strangley quiet now aren't they.

Someday they will realize that in this scheme a few blitz's are OK to keep the QB and OL off thier game, but to do it all the time sets our CB's up for failure.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    ;D

;D

Honestly, you can beat on your 30 million dollar DE, but honestly they breakdown of your defensive front on Monday night had more to do with the interior Williams than Allen. Clifton held is own as he should for as talented as he is.

The Yutz's who play Madden all the time and were arguing with me over thier Blitz Blitz and Blitz some more idea are strangley quiet now aren't they.

Someday they will realize that in this scheme a few blitz's are OK to keep the QB and OL off thier game, but to do it all the time sets our CB's up for failure.
    honestly, i did see us biltz a little more than i thought we would or would have to!!.. especially on the third and long play, not sure which quarter, we blitz the slot corner.. i was pissed.. because the FB or RB picked it up and guess what? rogers hits the vacated spot for a first down...

the only way i advocate us blitzing more is when we go man coverage... honestly, when we zone blitz it's a disaster waiting to happen... it seems like there are just too many gaps to easily get the ball too!!...

and by the way, why is it that when other teams blitz it seems to work 75% of the time, but when we blitz it just never seems to work...!!!.. again, i hate when we get the other team in third and long.. it seems as though there is some conspiracy over the last few years to just give up the big play and a fresh new set of downs...

of all the games to loose first game of the season, we loose to the pack... i've been in a pissy mood ALL WEEK!!!... bc of last monday!!

I'm kind of supersticious.. so i'm hoping the last two years under chilly.. we win first game miss playoffs.. playoffs?? playoffs??"...

this year loose first game.. go to playoffs??... i sure as hell hope so!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

;D

;D

honestly, i did see us biltz a little more than i thought we would or would have to!!.. especially on the third and long play, not sure which quarter, we blitz the slot corner.. i was pissed.. because the FB or RB picked it up and guess what? rogers hits the vacated spot for a first down...

the only way i advocate us blitzing more is when we go man coverage... honestly, when we zone blitz it's a disaster waiting to happen... it seems like there are just too many gaps to easily get the ball too!!...

and by the way, why is it that when other teams blitz it seems to work 75% of the time, but when we blitz it just never seems to work...!!!.. again, i hate when we get the other team in third and long.. it seems as though there is some conspiracy over the last few years to just give up the big play and a fresh new set of downs...

of all the games to loose first game of the season, we loose to the pack... i've been in a pissy mood ALL WEEK!!!... bc of last monday!!

I'm kind of supersticious.. so i'm hoping the last two years under chilly.. we win first game miss playoffs.. playoffs?? playoffs??"...

this year loose first game.. go to playoffs??... i sure as hell hope so!!

Nice post my friend.
    Truth of the matter is that we had a very nice scheme that mixed the blitz in (probably to much after they found out the DL couldn't get pressure) along with alot more man/press coverage with our CB's and some ZBing as well.

Biggest problem is that our CB's when they were in press, bit on the fakes and left thier guys to quick.

Again, I like the scheme/gameplan, I just wasn't happy with the way it was (wasn't) executed by the players.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12