Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: So, Really. . .Who Choked Worse?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Without a doubt, the Anderson kick was the biggest playoff choke by a kicker.
    I still say he was paid off by the Russian Mafia.
    It should never have come down to a kick.
    You can't blame Anderson for that loss.
    There were SEVERAL plays throughout the game that would have been sure scores if the players hadn't f-ed them up.
    From Green running out the clock to Randy dropping balls, that game was lost before Anderson ever lined up to kick.
    That is 100% correct!

As much as that is brought up here by people like you, me & a few others, you'd think it would sink in.
    Agreed.
    But most seem to remember the Anderson kick as the sole reason for the loss.
    And lose sight of the fact that he was stellar all year & missed nothing during the regular season & not give him credit for that. That must have won us a game or 2.

I wonder if he had missed FG's during the year, would the missed kick in the playoffs have brought just as much attention?

I doubt it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    There were SEVERAL plays throughout the game that would have been sure scores if the players hadn't f-ed them up.
    From Green running out the clock to Randy dropping balls, that game was lost before Anderson ever lined up to kick.
    That is 100% correct!

As much as that is brought up here by people like you, me & a few others, you'd think it would sink in.
    Agreed.
    And lose sight of the fact that he was stellar all year & missed nothing during the regular season & not give him credit for that. That must have won us a game or 2.

I wonder if he had missed FG's during the year, would the missed kick in the playoffs have brought just as much attention?

I doubt it.
    I doubt it would have, Its alot like the pats situation this year.
    Every year one team loses a superbowl, but this year the pats didn't lost a game untill the superbowl, so thats why it recieved so much attention.

no one made much out of the bears, or seahawks losing the past few years.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=jkjuggalo link=topic=42209.msg722783#msg722783 date=1203074163]
    That is 100% correct!

Agreed.

I doubt it.
    I doubt it would have, Its alot like the pats situation this year.
    Every year one team loses a superbowl, but this year the pats didn't lost a game untill the superbowl, so thats why it recieved so much attention.

no one made much out of the bears, or seahawks losing the past few years.
    [/quote]

I never said that the kick was the only reason we lost that game.
    I just stated that it was the biggest choke by a kicker in the playoffs.
    This could be validated by how well he had kicked it for the entire season...e.g. perfect.
    For a professional kicker who has been perfect all season to miss a relatively easy fieldgoal in his home dome when a FG means the most is a huge choke.
    This thread is about choking right?
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123