Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

So... Can they do it?

Can the Colts go 16-0 and have the perfect season?

I think that they can and will have the perfect season. I thought that as long as they got passed New England at New England, they would have the perfect season. They are playing unbelievable football right now and look like they are near impossible to stop.

What do you guys think?

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Re: So... Can they do it?

I for one think they will do it. The way they are rolling, it seems like they are playing and winning almost with no effort. Their biggest test probably will be against the Seahawks who have a whole lot of confidence, but aren't probably quite as good talent wise.

However, the big issue could be if those teams will play their best players when the time comes. As they said on MNF, both Indy and the Hawks could have their divisions and home field advantages wrapped up by then,...so maybe they'll rest some key players. I don't think Indy will do that because I think they are just too hell bent on keeping their system rolling and intact.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Yup, nobody on there schedule can beat them thats for dang sure but soon they will be playing for nothing and they may sit alot of the valuable starters.

This is a little off topic but i rember when i so wanted the vikings to draft Bob Sanders, instead we traded up in the second round when he was STILL available and we drafted dontarious thomas, (shakes his head) what a shame. Why can't we just draft some talent at safety instead of trying to get away with cheap ones. He could be teaming up with Sharper right now. I was watching him fly all over the field last night, he's a beast.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    This is a little off topic but i rember when i so wanted the vikings to draft Bob Sanders, instead we traded up in the second round when he was STILL available and we drafted dontarious thomas, (shakes his head) what a shame. Why can't we just draft some talent at safety instead of trying to get away with cheap ones. He could be teaming up with Sharper right now. I was watching him fly all over the field last night, he's a beast.
    About Sanders, if we drafted him, we probably wouldn't have Sharper. Just a thought, no way to know for sure. Probably wouldn't have spent the money.

But anyways, back on track, I don't think they go 16-0. I have already heard reports that Dungy plans on resting players. Dungy and Manning both have said the record doesn't mean anything, winning the Super Bowl is what counts.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Arizona will beat them in the corner of the endzone as time expires in week 17.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Prophet Guest

They have looked very impressive this year. Their running game, passing game, D, and special teams have pulled through when it has counted.

I'm not a big Peyton Manning fan, but that guy knows the game. He can manage the field and read the defenses. He has been a joy to watch in the games I've seen this year.

They just need to keep focused. It would be a serious blow to not win it all after a start like this. Good team.

In reality, I think they will win the next 3 games and go into Seattle 14-0. Seattle will likely have their division wrapped up, but I think will still be a game away from wrapping up homefield. Although, they've said it on record, if the Colts do go into that game 14-0, I think they'll be playing to win it, and if it's a close game in the 2nd half, I don't expect to see any starters resting.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

If they want it, it is theirs for the taking...but the playoffs might be a different story!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Freya is offline Team Alumni

No. As soon as someone finally figures out that little bogart of a QB they have.....They'll be done. :grin:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

I think they came up with the formula for success against the Steelers defense. Shut Polamalu down, you open up their defense and all of it's weaknesses. Every time I saw him come up to line like he was going to blitz, Manning either changed the play or called out a back to block him. For the most part it worked.

Hopefully our offense took notice of that, because if we are to beat them in a few weeks, they're going to have to hold him in check.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast