Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: And so it begins with TO -- Parcells upset!

I'm not a fan of TO, but him missing voluntary camp is not an issue IMO.

This cracks me up every year when teams cry about players missing VOLUNTARY camp.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

TO............a very expensive bench warmer if Parcell's has his way.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Yeah, he doesn't HAVE to go to VOLUNTARY work outs, but if I were T.O. and trying to recover my image and what happened with the Eagles, I'd be doing everything I could to show my new team that I've changed (atleast somewhat).
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Prophet Guest

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    Yeah, he doesn't HAVE to go to VOLUNTARY work outs, but if I were T.O. and trying to recover my image and what happened with the Eagles, I'd be doing everything I could to show my new team that I've changed (atleast somewhat).
    Problem is, he hasn't. T-ho is T-ho.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand the problem...The gol 'darnit work out says...Voluntary...He is deciding not to go.

It would be a different story if it was mandatory...It's just the media blowing stuff up again...I mean I hate T.O as much as the next person but this is getting stupid.

Maybe they should change it to Mandatory...Unless it's written that way I say the players should be allowed to ditch the workouts when desirable.
    Yes, it is voluntary... you only need to go if you care about the team and actually want to bond with them. Or if you want to go off on the right foot with your new coach. Or if you aren't an idiot.

These "voluntary" work outs are still expectations that the team has. If you have another engagement, you don't need the coach to excuse you like you do in camp, but you are expected to be there if you are available. Some players who have actually contributed to the team in the past can skip out on them, but t-ho isn't one of those players.

It is all about work ethic. T-ho doesn't have any. Nothing bugs me more than someone who only does the bare minimum to get by because that is all they are required to do.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Parcells is going to drop the hammer. We can only hope T.O. will get elbow dropped.
    Seriously, It is too bad a person as talented as T.O. is willing to waste it. Why didn't he learn from sitting the last half of the season. Maybe he needs the drug tests, not rikki.
    We can solve poverty today.

Del Rio Guest

Rest assured when he is scoring TD's racking up first downs.......no one will care that he missed VOLUNTARY workouts.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Even though T.O. does cause all of these problems he is just an animal on the field. He is the best reciever in the league IMO. Who cares if he isn't working out with the team, a lot of players don't and they don't get crap for it.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"ejmat" wrote:
    This really is stuff just getting blown out of proportion. TO hasn/t gone to voluntary workouts in years. What makes anyone think he would change now? I do agree with the article if the Cowgirls wanted TO to participate in the voluntary workouts than they should have put that verbage in the contract. It's their stupidity to pay him what they did and expect things to be different.
    I actually agree with you...this is media stuff...things have been too quiet for a couple weeks now they needed to start some stuff :roll:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Rest assured when he is scoring TD's racking up first downs.......no one will care that he missed VOLUNTARY workouts.
    Heck, I don't care now.

People (media) making something out of nothing.

It would be nice to see him show up and bond, but do you really want him bonding with any of the players. He doesn't play nice with others. It is probably best to put him on the field and take him off, let him play the game.

VETS try to get out of TC and Work Outs all the time. Contract hold outs = guy that doesn't want to be in camp. It happens a lot more than JUST....T.O. Well maybe not a lot, but it does happen.

The truth is, that Bledsoe and TO are both vets and they will have no problem gelling and getting their timing down during TC. I would be more concerned if the QB was Aaron Rodgers or some other young guy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast