COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

So which is it?????

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that there is an "agreement in principle" between the league and the union, subject to the approval of the 32 owners.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com says that the NFLPA's latest offer will be presented to management for consideration on Tuesday.

Under Mort's version, the league office already has placed its seal of approval on the deal. Under Glaze's version, the Commish is merely the messenger.

So which is it????
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: So which is it?????

Both. The league office will go with whatever the owners vote on. If they vote to accept it, it is done. If they vote it down, we are back to the drawing board (and probably another extension...)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Both. The league office will go with whatever the owners vote on. If they vote to accept it, it is done. If they vote it down, we are back to the drawing board (and probably another extension...)

I have read somwhere (forgive me I can't remember where) that it is either yes, or no. If they agree or not fa will begin on Wed at midnight. It will either be accepted or not, they said no more discussions about it.. We of course have heard that before, I will believe it when I see the first fa signed by the Vikes..

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Sounds Awsome yea!!!!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I have read somwhere (forgive me I can't remember where) that it is either yes, or no. If they agree or not fa will begin on Wed at midnight. It will either be accepted or not, they said no more discussions about it.. We of course have heard that before, I will believe it when I see the first fa signed by the Vikes..
    They did say that. But then again they said the same thing twice before. At this point, given the recent history, I doubt FA will start without a deal being made. The longer we go without FA hurts both the teams ad players, and it is in both their best interests to get one done.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that there is an "agreement in principle" between the league and the union, subject to the approval of the 32 owners.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com says that the NFLPA's latest offer will be presented to management for consideration on Tuesday.

Under Mort's version, the league office already has placed its seal of approval on the deal. Under Glaze's version, the Commish is merely the messenger.

So which is it????
    I listened to Mortensen today on ESPN Radio, and he basically said that the commish is the messenger. They've agreed to the deal in principle (saying yeah, it sounds good but let us take a look at it) but if they get down to the nitty gritty and something looks wrong then they can say no way. It needs 75% approval from the owners.

So really, it's both.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Lets hope the owners pull their greedy heads out of their asses and get it done.