Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Snagglepuss cleaned by Ex

KFFL
    Giants | M. Strahan criticizes his estranged wife in divorce court
    Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:55:09 -0700

William Kleinknecht, of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York Giants DL Michael Strahan criticized his estranged wife in divorce court Monday, June 19, for spending $96,000 on their 10-month-old twin girls in one year. The expenses included $26,000 for clothes and $22,500 baby pictures. Strahan was testifying on the second day of their divorce proceeding. He said he was also miffed by $8,600 spent on holiday gifts and $6,200 that went for "children's equipment." Jean Strahan argues that a prenuptial agreement between the couple entitles her to 20 percent of his earning during their marriage and half of their joint assets and has asked Judge James Convery to award her $14 million. Michael Strahan testified the two had a verbal understanding that the prenuptial agreement became moot when he made her a joint holder of all his bank accounts and a full partner in his investments. Michael Strahan's lawyer, Robert Penza, said Jean Strahan is entitled to half the couple's joint assets, valued at some $7 million.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Snagglepuss cleaned by Ex

I heard about this on ESPN radio yesterday. Strahan himself has actually just bought two brand new cars so him crying about his ex's spending is funny.

What is not funny, for him anyway, is if she takes half of his money then he will be getting paid about 1.7 mil. They were talking about agent fees and the way his deal is structured.

Of course he will get by. He always does. If times get rough he can go hang out with Favre I mean I assume Brett has no problem handing out some charity to Strahan since he already handed him the sack record.

Prophet Guest

Funny, I was thinking the same thing the other day when I thought of Mark Gastineau and how he'll never see the HOF. I wonder if Madden will let them have a triangle.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

I don't think she deserves any money for just for wasting it and staying at home the all day and spending his money. I mean these women think that it's fine to take money that somebody worked obviously hard for. she should only be entitled enough money to live on.

Formerly Viking24

Prophet Guest

POSTED 11:43 a.m. EDT, June 21, 2006

JEAN STRAHAN HINTS THAT HER HUBBY LIKES A DIFFERENT KIND OF "SACK"
    Mike Florio

The New York Daily News reports that the estranged wife of Giants defensive end Michael Strahan, who holds the all-time single season sack record, suggested on Tuesday that her soon-to-be-ex-husband is, well, gay.

His alleged partner? Dr. Ian Smith, the medical correspondent for ABC's The View. (Nothing gay about appearing regularly on that particular show, is there?)

After another day of testimony in their ongoing divorce trial, Jean Strahan told reporters that, when the marriage fell apart, "Michael moved into Ian's one-bedroom apartment. And you can say an alternative lifestyle sprouted."

Smith calls the comments "absolutely ridiculous" and "laughable."

"I am a very happily married man," he said. (A sentence which we're guessing had been uttered many times in the past -- but not in the last two years -- by former New Jersey governor James McGreevey.)

"Michael Strahan is one of my best friends and needed a place to stay after he was kicked out of his own home," Smith said. "I let him sleep on my couch as any best friend would do."

If Strahan really is, well, gay, he tried his damnedest to bolster his cover by, among other things, writing a bunch of sappy love letters to his wife, many of which he now claims he doesn't recall. In one letter, he wrote "I love you" 24 times. In another, he said, "Thanks for taking care of me. I promise to always take care of you."

In court, Jean Strahan burst into tears when Michael testified that he didn't know why one of the letters was dated March 22. As it turns out, March 22 is her birthday.

Though we're taking no position as to whether the allegations are true, the issue calls into further question the sack that gave Strahan the single-season record. Was the much-debated tackle of Packers quarterback Brett Favre an effort to break the record -- or was it merely a pre-arranged hook up?

Was Strahan saying "Take that" or "Thanks for helping me set the record" or . . . "I love you" 24 times?

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

This situations bring out the best accusations and neme-calling in everyone. They may want to think about cutting their lavish and foolish spending habits as well.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Del Rio Guest

"In court, Jean Strahan burst into tears when Michael testified that he didn't know why one of the letters was dated March 22. As it turns out, March 22 is her birthday"

LMAO!

I like Strahan even more for that. What a stud!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Sounds like a money grubbing wench.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Does he get visitation rights with the PUTA for as long as he is playing football too?

I didn't think so.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

$22,500 for baby pictures....or is it money she spent on some dude that she was calling Baby? "Oh Ba-a-a-a-a-a-by, oh!" :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast