Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Smoot on Houston local radio

"Mr" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Makes no sense for us to draft Quinn IMHO.
    It just helps us not loose anything in the cap this season, kind of.... because if we just drop Smoot some of his unpaid contract still counts against the cap??
    Plus the benefit of having another reliable QB on the roster would be nice. Knock on wood, I hope we are as good as I think we can be at CB/DB for this upcoming season.

Even if Denny was around, best available talent is probably on our team at this time, one year ahead of Quinn on the learning curve.

Who knows!

Let's just go straight up with Smoot for Carr.
    Tops, maybe 5% of the fans from both teams would have a problem with that at the most.

Carr to Johnson would be a nice combo, I have to agree.
    T-Jack to Johnson would be a nice combo also.
    Michael Vick to Johnson would be a ni............ opps, that would be horrible.
    I wasn't suggesting we draft Quinn, I'm very against drafting him.

I was saying how the Texans would take Quinn if they trade Carr. I just worded it funny.
    Ya, I knew what you meant, I just was responding to a thought in my own head and to anyone that might be thinking about Quinn., not necessarily to your comment.

But, the Texans can't count on Quinn being there, anymore than we can count on them to trade us Carr for Smoot, until it is done and official.

Re: Smoot talk on Houston local radio

IMO I think this would be a good trade. Either getting Carr or just a draft pick from another team. Smoot never lived up to the fat contract he was signed to and Griffin is a big physical corner who will be the starter next year. Interesting to see how all of this pans out.
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"sp0njah4Life" wrote:
    IMO I think this would be a good trade. Either getting Carr or just a draft pick from another team. Smoot never lived up to the fat contract he was signed to and Griffin is a big physical corner who will be the starter next year. Interesting to see how all of this pans out.
    Agreed, I would still rather just give up Smoot for a second round draft pick... But Carr is not to bad either

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

I think this would be an awesome trade. They are both underachievers that maybe put in the right situation could turn around their career's. I am since, the do we really need a QB Thread, putting my trust in Carr to come to Minny and help us win.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I've just spent the last half hour reading different Texans Forums.....I didn't see Smooth mentioned once........Maybe they all have their radios off... :

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

What some of you people fail to realize is that in order to trade Smoot, he has to be a Viking, which means he has to be on the roster at the start of FA.

In order for that to happen, the Vikings would have to be pay him his $2mil roster bonus first.

Is he worth more as trade bait after the roster bonus is paid or will he simply be cut before the deadline to save the $2mil?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234