Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Smoot on Houston local radio

"Potus2028" wrote:
    but also at the slightest moment's notice.. a qb contreversy... if we started tjack, and he was doing bad.. some would call for carr, and other for bollinger.. and et cetra in all the different combinations.. it could backfire if whoever wins at training camp struggles in the beginning
    if tjack somehow instantly becomes good enough to give carr some kind of competition for the starting job, then thats never a bad thing
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    I think Carr would be a great addition to the team. Did the Texans run some version of the KAO? If so, he would probably come in as the starter.
    And what is the KAO?
    LOL. I could be wrong, but I don't think it was Childress that coined the phrase kick ass offense.
    Sounds a lot more like something Zeus would come up with. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    I think Carr would be a great addition to the team. Did the Texans run some version of the KAO? If so, he would probably come in as the starter.
    And what is the KAO?
    LOL. I could be wrong, but I don't think it was Childress that coined the phrase kick jiggly butt offense.
    Sounds a lot more like something Zeus would come up with. ;D
    It was Childress. I just didn't know there was an acronym for it.

It was in a press conference when he was talking about how our offense is kick ass in theory and when executed flawlessly... but then again so is communism.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:

LOL. I could be wrong, but I don't think it was Childress that coined the phrase kick jiggly butt offense.
    Sounds a lot more like something Zeus would come up with
    . ;D

You've got to give credit where credit is due. It was definitely Childress, not Zeus who coined the phrase "Kick-jiggly butt Offense".

Here's the quote from Childress & the link;

"Childress, though, says he hasn’t lost confidence in his West Coast system. “You know, I know it’s a kick ass offense when it’s executed properly and it’s been done with all different levels of people and personnel,” he said. “But I’m not shaken. It’s a system, it’s a multiple system. You can run it just as easily as you can throw it and we need to become better at it. That’s my job.”

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=603924

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Smoot talk on Houston local radio

I wonder if we will see KAO t-shirts next year?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WVV" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    If you go back to the original post, you can change the title.

I will have to turn on the 610am
    tomorrow and see what you are talking about.

I can definitely see people targeting Carr after not choosing Vince last year.
    The only thing I can think of is "who to the Texan Fans think is their saviour in the recent years,"
    it can't be Plummer. If they get rid of Carr for Smoot, they still need a QB.
    I don't think it matters if another team has a qb.
    All that matter is that we can get the players we need to win a super bowl.
    If they don't have a plan, they aren't going to give up their QB.
    If he is that bad that they are willing to scrap him at all costs, do you really want him?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Smoot talk on Houston local radio

From Sporting News:

Tarvaris Jackson has the upper hand in the battle to become the Vikings' starting quarterback, mostly because of his ability. But his eagerness hasn't hurt him. Vikings coaches were impressed that Jackson drove two hours to see them in Mobile, Ala., where they were scouting draft prospects during Senior Bowl week. While there, the second-year pro had lunch with coach Brad Childress and talked with coaches about ideas for the offense and his offseason development program....
    I like this kid Tarvaris. It sounds like he's really trying. Even if we did get Carr, I'm betting Tarvaris is the starter.

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"Mr" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

The only thing I can think of is "who to the Texan Fans think is their saviour in the recent years,"
    it can't be Plummer.
    If they get rid of Carr for Smoot, they still need a QB.
    How about Brady Quinn? He's dropping in a lot of mock drafts, and is picked as falling to us in several, so if we don't pick him the Texans will.

Hopefully we won't be at #7 on draft day though, I'm seriously hoping we move up ahead of Tampa Bay.

Carr to Calvin Johnson sounds pretty nice to me right now.
    Makes no sense for us to draft Quinn IMHO.
    It just helps us not loose anything in the cap this season, kind of.... because if we just drop Smoot some of his unpaid contract still counts against the cap??
    Plus the benefit of having another reliable QB on the roster would be nice. Knock on wood, I hope we are as good as I think we can be at CB/DB for this upcoming season.

Even if Denny was around, best available talent is probably on our team at this time, one year ahead of Quinn on the learning curve.

Who knows!

Let's just go straight up with Smoot for Carr.
    Tops, maybe 5% of the fans from both teams would have a problem with that at the most.

Carr to Johnson would be a nice combo, I have to agree.
    T-Jack to Johnson would be a nice combo also.
    Michael Vick to Johnson would be a ni............ opps, that would be horrible.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

it can't be Plummer.
    If they get rid of Carr for Smoot, they still need a QB.
    How about Brady Quinn? He's dropping in a lot of mock drafts, and is picked as falling to us in several, so if we don't pick him the Texans will.

Hopefully we won't be at #7 on draft day though, I'm seriously hoping we move up ahead of Tampa Bay.

Carr to Calvin Johnson sounds pretty nice to me right now.
    Makes no sense for us to draft Quinn IMHO.
    It just helps us not loose anything in the cap this season, kind of.... because if we just drop Smoot some of his unpaid contract still counts against the cap??
    Plus the benefit of having another reliable QB on the roster would be nice. Knock on wood, I hope we are as good as I think we can be at CB/DB for this upcoming season.

Even if Denny was around, best available talent is probably on our team at this time, one year ahead of Quinn on the learning curve.

Who knows!

Let's just go straight up with Smoot for Carr.
    Tops, maybe 5% of the fans from both teams would have a problem with that at the most.

Carr to Johnson would be a nice combo, I have to agree.
    T-Jack to Johnson would be a nice combo also.
    Michael Vick to Johnson would be a ni............ opps, that would be horrible.
    I wasn't suggesting we draft Quinn, I'm very against drafting him.

I was saying how the Texans would take Quinn if they trade Carr. I just worded it funny.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    That would be nice to see.. I have been saying all along that if David Carr is on a team that his line gives him time, he will pick apart almost any team in the league.. He has a very strong arm, and is quite accurate..

If the Vikings can pull off a trade of Smoot for Carr, that would be awesome.. Nobody loses draft picks, and both teams get rid of a player that they didn't want any longer.. Sounds like a win, win situation for both teams..
    He had the one good year, did that coincide with the time Boscelli was there in Hou?
    That year, Boscelli got hurt I think.
    But they had there best foot forward.

I agree, he could be good.
    He reminds me of BJ a bit.
    Carr had the 22 completions in a row this season.
    I was at that game, but the only thing was, it was not very impressive.

[size=9pt]Carr ties consecutive completions record[/size]
    NFL.com wire reports

HOUSTON (Nov. 19, 2006) -- Houston quarterback David Carr tied an NFL record with 22 consecutive completions on the same field where Mark Brunell set the record earlier this season.

Carr completed 22 straight against Buffalo before throwing incomplete to Andre Johnson with 5:44 left in the game.

Brunell completed 22 in a row in Washington's 31-15 win over the Texans at Reliant Stadium on Sept. 24. The previous record was 21 straight completions by Rich Gannon for Oakland in 2002.

Carr tied Brunell's record on a short pass to Wali Lundy for no gain with 6:19 left.

Carr's first pass of the game was intercepted by Buffalo's Nate Clements. He was 1-for-3 against Buffalo, then began the streak with a 14-yard completion to Eric Moulds in the first quarter.
    Game Stats:
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061119_BUF@HOU

Drive Charts:
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drives/NFL_20061119_BUF@HOU

Even with the one INT that game, his season totals were low.
    He is very efficient with the ball. He was 25 of 30 for 223 yards.
    Those number remind me of BJ.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast