Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Smith owns Smoot

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Aberration" wrote:
    Yeah it says something that Cottrel can't get a job, maybe the rest of the league knows something we apparently didn't
    You get what you pay for and Red wasn't paying much.

Tice gets cracked on here. Some of it is justified. But I feel sorry for him.

He didn't have the top assistants in the NFL. Except maybe Linehan.

But he did have a pretty decent team by the end of last year.

Maybe he just needed one more year! But I doubt it.

Smoot should be much better with a better pass rush and hopefully a better coaching staff.
    Tice did have it tough, and it sucks they never gave him a real shot. I hope he gets it one day, but here his time was definatly up.

boognish is offline Coordinator

Everybody got burned by Speedy. Smoot is going to have a breakout year, now that he has a little coaching.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Prophet Guest

I can't stand Meshawn. He should help Mr. Smith continue his dominance this year though.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Sure, some of this was on Smoot's shoulders, but for the life of me I can't figure out why the coaching staff didn't do any mid-stream adjustments. Thank God the Vikings have a new coaching staff this year.

Click here for video.
    Two words: Ted Cottrell.

People like to quickly blame Tice for this one, but it was Cottrell who was running the defense, not Tice, & he never made the necessary adjustments.

It wasn't to long after that when Tice tore most of the pages out of Cottrells playbook.

Yeah, I hear ya.. It was Tice though that was the HC, and he could have easily have stepped over Cottrell and gave Smoot some safety help in that game.. Tice, and Cottrell were both lackys, and I am glad they are both history..

On a side note.. Smoot has rededicated himself to this team. I for one think Smoot is going to have a great season ahead of him. We got new coaches, that seem already that they are better then the previous. Screw Tice, and screw Cottrell. It is now on to Childress, and Tomlin.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

noticed sharper making all the tackles. thank god we stole him from the pack. we would have gone 2-14 last year. then again, we would have had bush too. we should have sacrificed last year for the sake of a superbowl run!

Top_Speed is offline Starter

"petrodemos" wrote:
    noticed sharper making all the tackles. thank god we stole him from the pack. we would have gone 2-14 last year. then again, we would have had bush too. we should have sacrificed last year for the sake of a superbowl run!
    1st pick would be nice but to "just lay down" to get it? Nope, Nunka, No way charlie, No kan doo and whatever else way you can say no!

I'm rooting my team to win always, even if it's the last game of the year and the outcome only means a higher draft pick... I go for the win.

Juz me being stub-born!
    Home Sweet Dome...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345