Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Smith owns Smoot

brutal video. I wanted to forget about that.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

The lack of adjustments says a lot and many of us forgot about that.....

I'm sure he learned a lesson and it was a valuable one, but that lesson could have been learned at half time.....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

They keep showing this on the NFL channel and I'm sick of it.

I lay this on the coaches as well. Granted, Smith can't be covered one on one but Smoot didn't impress me last year. I hope it was due to injury and he tears it up this year.
    Sounds like he put in the off season effort.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    They keep showing this on the NFL channel and I'm sick of it.

I lay this on the coaches as well. Granted, Smith can't be covered one on one but Smoot didn't impress me last year. I hope it was due to injury and he tears it up this year.
    Sounds like he put in the off season effort.
    You are right they need to get that video off of the NFL Network, it pisses me off everytime they show that.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Top_Speed is offline Starter

If you think Smoot couldn't cover Smith last year, then I hope they won't meet up this year cuz ole Fred has beefed up. "The more da beef, the slower da feet"

Me personally, I hope Ronyell Whitaker or maybe Dovonte Edwards comes in and steels his job. Ronyell has looked real good in NFLE and Devonte showed some nicee flashes last year! Maybe this position competition will wake up something besides Smoots mouth.

I really like the above mentioned guys (Whitaker & Edwards), Will Hunter is also on my radar screen
    Home Sweet Dome...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"C-PepNSalt" wrote:
    ? why wasn't antione put on Smith?
    Your kidding, right?

Because AW is not a better cover corner than Smoot.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, Fred Smoot got torched in that game.

But some of it has to do with our lack of pass rush. If we had any type of pass rush it would make it a lot easier on our secondary. Don't get me wrong, I know Fred Smoot was horrible last year, but if our defensive ends can develop a little bit, it's going to make it a lot easier on our secondary.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    If you think Smoot couldn't cover Smith last year, then I hope they won't meet up this year cuz ole Fred has beefed up. "The more da beef, the slower da feet"

Me personally, I hope Ronyell Whitaker or maybe Dovonte Edwards comes in and steels his job. Ronyell has looked real good in NFLE and Devonte showed some nicee flashes last year! Maybe this position competition will wake up something besides Smoots mouth.

I really like the above mentioned guys (Whitaker & Edwards), Will Hunter is also on my radar screen
    Smoot has added muscle, but it was noted in mini camp that he has not lost quickness. Regardless of that fact, had the coaches made one of about a hundred possible adjustments, Smith would not have had the kind of day he did against Smoot.

I doubt Whitaker or Edwards would have done any better in the situation. You need more than a good NFLE showing or a couple flashes of talent in order to be able to shut down Steve Smith at the line all by yourself.

I am looking forward to the home opener this year. I am tired of all this Steve Smith talk and I look forward to the Vikings shutting him down in September. No crazy TD celebrations for Steve in our house!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    Yeah, Fred Smoot got torched in that game.

But some of it has to do with our lack of pass rush. If we had any type of pass rush it would make it a lot easier on our secondary. Don't get me wrong, I know Fred Smoot was horrible last year, but if our defensive ends can develop a little bit, it's going to make it a lot easier on our secondary.
    Very good point. I agree. Our defense really wasn't very good until the second half or later in the season last year. A pass rush would cure a lot of defensive backfield woes.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"C-PepNSalt" wrote:
    ? why wasn't antione put on Smith?
    but like the afore mentioned said smoot was (in theory) a better cover corner than antione. but in cases against a very good receiver the #1 corner is put on the #2 reciever to shut him down, the #2 corner is put on the #1 receiver with safety help. which apparently wasnt there AT ALL! smoot played very badly in that game, and it didnt look like he was running hard at all. obviously no adjustment ATTEMPTS were made, and if that is true about tice, than i would officialy hate him with a passion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast