Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Smith owns Smoot

Sure, some of this was on Smoot's shoulders, but for the life of me I can't figure out why the coaching staff didn't do any mid-stream adjustments. Thank God the Vikings have a new coaching staff this year.

Click here for video.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Smith owns Smoot

Oh jeez.. I don't want to watch this, but I'm compelled to!

My initial fears were correct.. Oh dear.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

WOW. im sure smoots been working hard so that will never happen to him again.

sidenote:
    anyone else notice the similarities with our new uniforms and the panthers? (besides colors ofcourse), stripe on the pants and shoulders look almost identical, other than the stripiing coming to a point in the back.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    Sure, some of this was on Smoot's shoulders, but for the life of me I can't figure out why the coaching staff didn't do any mid-stream adjustments. Thank God the Vikings have a new coaching staff this year.

Click here for video.
    Well there was speculation that Smoot had pissed off Tice and was consequently hung out to dry as a result. It must be the only explanation because there were no adjustmensts made at all to try and help Smoot out against Smith that day.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have said this again and again. The coaching decisions in that game were more of the problem than Smoot was. Why in the hell didnt they roll some safety help over the top? Double Smith every once in the while? Drop someone, anyone, even a linebacker, back to cover mid zone, or pull Smoot off for better reaction time?

I am with you Prophet. Thank God we have a new coaching staff.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

brandsp is offline Rookie

Well, Smoot wasn't the only one Smith left in his dust. No corner can cover him 1 on 1.

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

? why wasn't antione put on Smith?
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

Blog Entries

"petrodemos" wrote:
    WOW. im sure smoots been working hard so that will never happen to him again.

sidenote:
    anyone else notice the similarities with our new uniforms and the panthers? (besides colors ofcourse), stripe on the pants and shoulders look almost identical, other than the stripiing coming to a point in the back.
    The uni's aren't even close. There is no side stripe on the Carolina jersey. The stripe on the Car pants is a straight point, while the Vikes are curved more to look like a horn. The Car have the logo on the shoulder still, the vikes moved the norseman to the pants... just a few things off the top of my head.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

My biggest beef with Tice was that there were never adjustments. Good coaches turn the game into a chess match, adjusting to what the other team is doing - recognizing weeknesses in their adjustments and adapting. Tice's strategy was to always stick with the game plan.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Blog Entries

"SKOL" wrote:
    My biggest beef with Tice was that there were never adjustments made. Good coaches turn the game into a chess match, adjusting to what the other team is doing - recognizing weeknesses in their adjustments and adapting. Tice's strategy was always to stick with the game plan.
    Yep. Stick to the game plan. Even when the other team knows the game plan, and knows how to exploit it...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast