Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    [size=12pt]A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns[/size]
    The Wall Street Journal
    March 3, 2009, 10:27 am
    Posted by Ashby Jones
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    This is gonna be a fun thread.... ;D

    I kindof view this in the same light as wire tapping......

    The only ones that don't want to be wire tapped (patted down) are the ones who have something to hide.
    If it is gonna have even the slightest chance of keeping me and mine safe, wire tap (pat) away.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    This is gonna be a fun thread.... ;D

    I kindof view this in the same light as wire tapping......

    The only ones that don't want to be wire tapped (patted down) are the ones who have something to hide.
    If it is gonna have even the slightest chance of keeping me and mine safe, wire tap (pat) away.....
    I don't want to be wire taped because it is unconstitutional for them to wiretap me for no reason, not because I have nothing to hide. Bill of rights, not bill of privileges

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    This is gonna be a fun thread.... ;D

    I kindof view this in the same light as wire tapping......

    The only ones that don't want to be wire tapped (patted down) are the ones who have something to hide.
    If it is gonna have even the slightest chance of keeping me and mine safe, wire tap (pat) away.....
    I don't want to be wire taped because it is unconstitutional for them to wiretap me for no reason, not because I have nothing to hide. Bill of rights, not bill of privileges
    So what your saying is that because it is unconstitutional they should do it even if there is even the slightest chance they might intercept the next 9/11 conversation?

    Nope, tape/pat away.
    I'm all for it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    This is gonna be a fun thread.... ;D

    I kindof view this in the same light as wire tapping......

    The only ones that don't want to be wire tapped (patted down) are the ones who have something to hide.
    If it is gonna have even the slightest chance of keeping me and mine safe, wire tap (pat) away.....
    I don't want to be wire taped because it is unconstitutional for them to wiretap me for no reason, not because I have nothing to hide. Bill of rights, not bill of privileges
    So what your saying is that because it is unconstitutional they should do it even if there is even the slightest chance they might intercept the next 9/11 conversation?

    Nope, tape/pat away.
    I'm all for it.
    yeah just violate my rights... it's the principle not what's going on...

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    This is gonna be a fun thread.... ;D

    I kindof view this in the same light as wire tapping......

    The only ones that don't want to be wire tapped (patted down) are the ones who have something to hide.
    If it is gonna have even the slightest chance of keeping me and mine safe, wire tap (pat) away.....
    I don't want to be wire taped because it is unconstitutional for them to wiretap me for no reason, not because I have nothing to hide. Bill of rights, not bill of privileges
    So what your saying is that because it is unconstitutional they should do it even if there is even the slightest chance they might intercept the next 9/11 conversation?

    Nope, tape/pat away.
    I'm all for it.
    yeah just violate my rights... it's the principle not what's going on...
    NFL Patdowns are not violating anyone's rights.
    If you don't want to be patted down, don't go to an NFL game.
    When you volunteer to go to an NFL game, you are agreeing to do so under their terms.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    This is gonna be a fun thread.... ;D

    I kindof view this in the same light as wire tapping......

    The only ones that don't want to be wire tapped (patted down) are the ones who have something to hide.
    If it is gonna have even the slightest chance of keeping me and mine safe, wire tap (pat) away.....
    I don't want to be wire taped because it is unconstitutional for them to wiretap me for no reason, not because I have nothing to hide. Bill of rights, not bill of privileges
    So what your saying is that because it is unconstitutional they should do it even if there is even the slightest chance they might intercept the next 9/11 conversation?

    Nope, tape/pat away.
    I'm all for it.
    yeah just violate my rights... it's the principle not what's going on...
    NFL Patdowns are not violating anyone's rights.
    If you don't want to be patted down, don't go to an NFL game.
    When you volunteer to go to an NFL game, you are agreeing to do so under their terms.
    oh, i didn't read it.. i was talking about wiretapping and thought pat dows were the same context..

    but that means i won't be able to sneak my flask in like the last few times...
    :'(

  8. #8
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    This is gonna be a fun thread.... ;D

    I kindof view this in the same light as wire tapping......

    The only ones that don't want to be wire tapped (patted down) are the ones who have something to hide.
    If it is gonna have even the slightest chance of keeping me and mine safe, wire tap (pat) away.....
    I don't want to be wire taped because it is unconstitutional for them to wiretap me for no reason, not because I have nothing to hide. Bill of rights, not bill of privileges
    So what your saying is that because it is unconstitutional they should do it even if there is even the slightest chance they might intercept the next 9/11 conversation?

    Nope, tape/pat away.
    I'm all for it.
    Not going to even get started with this argument, not worth it

  9. #9
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    I totally agree there should be pat downs

    They don't really search ya

    At the dome u get a tiny pat down n your in.. 95 percent of the time if you are trying to hide something you could

    But I still feel a wee bit safer knowing everyone get a quick look

  10. #10
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: A Smackdown (Sort of) on the NFL’s Patdowns

    "V4L" wrote:
    I totally agree there should be pat downs

    They don't really search ya

    At the dome u get a tiny pat down n your in.. 95 percent of the time if you are trying to hide something you could

    But I still feel a wee bit safer knowing everyone get a quick look
    i feel you esp. in Pitt and PHilly... they bring and then throw pennies and batteries... thta's just insane!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings the NFL’s Best at Several Positions
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM
  2. Greetings (sort of) from Coach Belichick
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 10:46 AM
  3. Karaoke Smackdown!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 02:41 AM
  4. Bob Rainey - He's One Of Us..., Well Sort Of
    By SKOL in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 11:56 AM
  5. Piston's laid the Smackdown....
    By sitandbehitski in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •