Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    Today's challenge? Identifying the six teams that will play only 16 games that count this season.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547766

    5. Minnesota Vikings
    Frankly, it's the coach. And if the Vikings don't make it back to the playoffs in 2009, there will be a new one in Minnesota next year at this time.

  2. #2
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Today's challenge? Identifying the six teams that will play only 16 games that count this season.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547766

    5. Minnesota Vikings
    Frankly, it's the coach. And if the Vikings don't make it back to the playoffs in 2009, there will be a new one in Minnesota next year at this time.
    Wow... I can't believe someone recognized that we went to the playoffs despite our coach (lol... and it's Florio, who I assaulted this morning when someone posted a different story... I'll give him a chance now).

    Nice.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Today's challenge? Identifying the six teams that will play only 16 games that count this season.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547766

    5. Minnesota Vikings
    Frankly, it's the coach. And if the Vikings don't make it back to the playoffs in 2009, there will be a new one in Minnesota next year at this time.
    Wow... I can't believe someone recognized that we went to the playoffs despite our coach (lol... and it's Florio, who I assaulted this morning when someone posted a different story... I'll give him a chance now).

    Nice.
    +1

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    No mention about the uprise of the other teams in the division? I think you'll get some more competition than last year.

    That said, I agree. The coaching staff has really held you back so far. The big question now, do you want a play-off berth and screw it over by Chilly's bad calls, or do you want to go 7-9, as much as it hurts, to have Chilly fired and then get to the big dance with players like Pat Williams and your dominating part of the O-line still playing at a high level?
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    No mention about the uprise of the other teams in the division? I think you'll get some more competition than last year.

    That said, I agree. The coaching staff has really held you back so far. The big question now, do you want a play-off berth and screw it over by Chilly's bad calls, or do you want to go 7-9, as much as it hurts, to have Chilly fired and then get to the big dance with players like Pat Williams and your dominating part of the O-line still playing at a high level?
    We'll be the first Super Bowl winning team to fire their Head Coach the following season.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    "C" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    No mention about the uprise of the other teams in the division? I think you'll get some more competition than last year.

    That said, I agree. The coaching staff has really held you back so far. The big question now, do you want a play-off berth and screw it over by Chilly's bad calls, or do you want to go 7-9, as much as it hurts, to have Chilly fired and then get to the big dance with players like Pat Williams and your dominating part of the O-line still playing at a high level?
    We'll be the first Super Bowl winning team to fire their Head Coach the following season.
    ;D

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    No mention about the uprise of the other teams in the division? I think you'll get some more competition than last year.

    That said, I agree. The coaching staff has really held you back so far. The big question now, do you want a play-off berth and screw it over by Chilly's bad calls, or do you want to go 7-9, as much as it hurts, to have Chilly fired and then get to the big dance with players like Pat Williams and your dominating part of the O-line still playing at a high level?
    I'd just like to see him fired on Christmas Eve.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    No mention about the uprise of the other teams in the division? I think you'll get some more competition than last year.

    That said, I agree. The coaching staff has really held you back so far. The big question now, do you want a play-off berth and screw it over by Chilly's bad calls, or do you want to go 7-9, as much as it hurts, to have Chilly fired and then get to the big dance with players like Pat Williams and your dominating part of the O-line still playing at a high level?
    I'd just like to see him fired on Christmas Eve.
    Still clinging to that myth, I see.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Today's challenge? Identifying the six teams that will play only 16 games that count this season.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547766

    5. Minnesota Vikings
    Frankly, it's the coach. And if the Vikings don't make it back to the playoffs in 2009, there will be a new one in Minnesota next year at this time.
    Wow... I can't believe someone recognized that we went to the playoffs despite our coach (lol... and it's Florio, who I assaulted this morning when someone posted a different story... I'll give him a chance now).

    Nice.
    So - when are you taking your great football mind and starting your coaching career?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

    "C" wrote:

    Wow... I can't believe someone recognized that we went to the playoffs despite our coach (lol... and it's Florio, who I assaulted this morning when someone posted a different story... I'll give him a chance now).

    Nice.
    WHO?

    Florio or Childress?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pick your playoff teams
    By Traveling_Vike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 01:11 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 09:38 AM
  3. Six NFL teams unlikely to make playoff returns in '08
    By Vikefanman2000 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 01:20 PM
  4. Five teams that could get over playoff hump
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 03:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •