Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

Today's challenge? Identifying the six teams that will play only 16 games that count this season.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547766

5. Minnesota Vikings
    Frankly, it's the coach. And if the Vikings don't make it back to the playoffs in 2009, there will be a new one in Minnesota next year at this time.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Six NFL playoff teams that might not make it back

"marstc09" wrote:
    Today's challenge? Identifying the six teams that will play only 16 games that count this season.

5. Minnesota Vikings
    Frankly, it's the coach. And if the Vikings don't make it back to the playoffs in 2009, there will be a new one in Minnesota next year at this time.
    Wow... I can't believe someone recognized that we went to the playoffs despite our coach (lol... and it's Florio, who I assaulted this morning when someone posted a different story... I'll give him a chance now).

Nice.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

5. Minnesota Vikings
    Wow... I can't believe someone recognized that we went to the playoffs despite our coach (lol... and it's Florio, who I assaulted this morning when someone posted a different story... I'll give him a chance now).

Nice.
    +1

No mention about the uprise of the other teams in the division? I think you'll get some more competition than last year.

That said, I agree. The coaching staff has really held you back so far. The big question now, do you want a play-off berth and screw it over by Chilly's bad calls, or do you want to go 7-9, as much as it hurts, to have Chilly fired and then get to the big dance with players like Pat Williams and your dominating part of the O-line still playing at a high level?
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    No mention about the uprise of the other teams in the division? I think you'll get some more competition than last year.

That said, I agree. The coaching staff has really held you back so far. The big question now, do you want a play-off berth and screw it over by Chilly's bad calls, or do you want to go 7-9, as much as it hurts, to have Chilly fired and then get to the big dance with players like Pat Williams and your dominating part of the O-line still playing at a high level?
    We'll be the first Super Bowl winning team to fire their Head Coach the following season.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

We'll be the first Super Bowl winning team to fire their Head Coach the following season.
    ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I'd just like to see him fired on Christmas Eve.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

I'd just like to see him fired on Christmas Eve.
    Still clinging to that myth, I see.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

5. Minnesota Vikings

Nice.
    So - when are you taking your great football mind and starting your coaching career?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:

Nice.
    WHO?

Florio or Childress?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast