Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    [size=13pt]Singletary names Hill the new starter[/size]

    John Crumpacker, Chronicle Staff Writer

    Tuesday, October 28, 2008


    (10-27) 17:38 PDT Santa Clara -- Shaun Hill will be the 49ers' starting quarterback for the Arizona game on Nov. 10 as the team goes into its bye week reeling from five straight defeats while transitioning to an interim head coach.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    House cleaning commences.......

    Has he been given the job for good or just this year?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    House cleaning commences.......

    Has he been given the job for good or just this year?
    I believe he's interim at this point.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    Yes, he is interim at this point in time.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    House cleaning commences.......

    Has he been given the job for good or just this year?
    I believe he's interim at this point.

    =Z=
    Thanks Z.
    I thought I read something that said they were hammering out a long term contract.

    Regardless, if he is only interim, I wonder how much affect he will really have (long term) on the makeup/attitude of this team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    House cleaning commences.......

    Has he been given the job for good or just this year?
    I believe he's interim at this point.

    =Z=
    Thanks Z.

    I thought I read something that said they were hammering out a long term contract.

    Regardless, if he is only interim, I wonder how much affect he will really have (long term) on the makeup/attitude of this team.
    I think it would go a long ways towards him making a difference if they did give him a contract.
    It will make what ever decision he makes on the sideline more relevant if the players know he has a contract that matches theirs in time.
    Otherwise the lazy players might be hoping he is gone and less willing to conform to winning attitudes.

  7. #7
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    Back to Shaun Hill, doesn't it seem weird seeing Viking QBs around the league.
    It always seems like there are a lot of them.


    Bowman
    Thigpen
    Hill
    Johnson
    Culpepper? Lions?

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    House cleaning commences.......

    Has he been given the job for good or just this year?
    I believe he's interim at this point.

    =Z=
    Thanks Z.
    I thought I read something that said they were hammering out a long term contract.

    Regardless, if he is only interim, I wonder how much affect he will really have (long term) on the makeup/attitude of this team.
    I think it would go a long ways towards him making a difference if they did give him a contract.
    It will make what ever decision he makes on the sideline more relevant if the players know he has a contract that matches theirs in time.
    Otherwise the lazy players might be hoping he is gone and less willing to conform to winning attitudes.
    I think you are spot on with all of those points.

    Additionally, it won't give other teams a realistic look at how well he would really do under those circumstances.

    Regardless, still a huge fan, especially of him as a player.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Back to Shaun Hill, doesn't it seem weird seeing Viking QBs around the league.
    It always seems like there are a lot of them.


    Bowman
    Thigpen
    Hill
    Johnson
    Culpepper? Lions?
    Don't forget Brooks Bollinger!
    He might START this weekend for the Cowboys!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Singletary names Shaun Hill the new starter

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Back to Shaun Hill, doesn't it seem weird seeing Viking QBs around the league.
    It always seems like there are a lot of them.


    Bowman
    Thigpen
    Hill
    Johnson
    Culpepper? Lions?
    Ole Pigpen is the only one I think has any future.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shaun Hill is climbing the QB ladder
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 07:43 AM
  2. The "Shaun Hill" G!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 06:49 PM
  3. Why NOT start Shaun Hill?
    By norsefan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 07:40 AM
  4. Shaun Hill voting
    By dart18 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 07:35 AM
  5. NFLE Media: Shaun Hill
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 12:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •