Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48773.msg858433#msg858433 date=1225189561]
    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

Mike gets in Davis' jiggly butt and he is a hero.

Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.

Couple of quick questions......

a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Because in the same game, Chilly made some aweful mistakes. You can't point fingers because when you do, four are pointing back at you.
    What mistakes did the Chiller make?
    Hiring Bevell for one.

How long a list do you want?
    During that game silly boy.
    Besides, you of all people know I can make a longer list than anyone on here and I was one of his supporters.
    ;D
    I don't know if Chilly made that many mistakes during the Saint's game, however, the incident with Kluwe involved a skill with an oblong ball that doesn't always do what you want it to do (i.e. C. Gordon in the Bear's game).

The other two incidents involved brain farts and don't give a pooh attitudes that hurt the team and were easily avoided.
    The other two were ripe for an jiggly butt chewing, but Kluwe was just an easy target.
    [/quote]
    How hard is to kick that oblong ball out of bounds?

Still sounds like we might have a double standard here if you ask me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

Mike gets in Davis' jiggly butt and he is a hero.

Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.

Couple of quick questions......

a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Because Childress did it differently.

He went to the press and said "This was my punter's fault." Basically pinning the near-loss on him.

Where Zorn and Singletary were explaining their sideline actions, which drew a lot of attention.
    One more time.......

I am only talking about the press ripping on him for getting on Kluwe on the sideline.
    That action by the Chiller is what prompted the questions which then lead to the "Under the Bus Throwing".

Again, still nothing here that leads me to believe we don't have a bit of a double standard going on here.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coaching

First, I want to say excellent job Singletary.
    Evidently Davis has been a problem if you read the articles or listen to interviews of the other 49er players.
    Good for him.

Regarding Marrdor's question of the double standard:
    It is funny how the same people blamed Childress for everything that went wrong including Klewe's dropped snap because Childress supposedly hurt his little confidence.
    Yet when Singletary sends someone to the showers and answers why very distinctively during a press conference he is heralded as a hero.

I think a lot more coaches should act like Singletary.
    The problem is you get these players making millions before ever playing a snap in the NFL and the attitude is the player thinks he can just do anything he wants.
    They pay all this money basically forcing a coach to play someone just because of that.
    I agree with Singletary.
    I would rather have 10 guys on the field and face the consequences than to put a guy on the field that doesn't give a shit.
    Davis has all the talent in the world and should be a great TE at this point in his career.
    Bottom line is he has been one of the biggest busts.

Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coaching

Davis responded on his personal blog to his talk with Singletary

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...o_Coach/358521

Maybe it's just me but there is just something there that makes me doubt Davis' sincerity.
    The words are all there, but......IDK.

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Davis responded on his personal blog to his talk with Singletary

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...o_Coach/358521

Maybe it's just me but there is just something there that makes me doubt Davis' sincerity.
    The words are all there, but......IDK.
    Thanks for the read my friend.

I would never try to use either Madden or Fantasy Football to make a point, however, in this instance I can't help it.

I have carried Vernon on two my rosters all year.
    He isn't producing for the team and thusly, not for my teams either.

Again, fantasy be damned, however, it appears to be an indicator that there is something amiss with either him or the teams approach to using him which ultimately impacts his achievement of set goals which directly tie to incentives and $$$$$$.

Could be were some of the frustration is coming from.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I just remember when Chiller came in and threw some whiners and people who thought they were better then they were, many were all for it. Yup, back to old school. But when he does it now, it's all his fault. Strange the way the worm turns.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I just remember when Chiller came in and threw some whiners and people who thought they were better then they were, many were all for it. Yup, back to old school. But when he does it now, it's all his fault. Strange the way the worm turns.
    It is amazing to me how whenever something goes wrong it's automatically his fault.
    Yet when something goes right, he had nothing to do with it.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ejmat" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    It is amazing to me how whenever something goes wrong it's automatically his fault.
    What has gone right?

Drafting Peterson is about all that comes to mind.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    What has gone right?

I don't think Childress drafted Peterson!
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    What has gone right?

I don't think Childress drafted Peterson!

LOL
    Exactly my point.

Well, it was under the Childress-regime... but I know what you mean.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast