Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coaching

    You don't mess with that guy.

    Okay....when it comes to football...you don't mess with that guy.

    Back in '86 (shortly after the Bears' Superbowl win), a woman my mom worked with literally ran into Singletary in a stairwell. During the ensuing conversation, he mentione that he was there to sign autographs or something. She responded with "oh....are you somebody famous?" I guess he had a good laugh about that, and they had a very nice conversation.

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

    Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

    Mike gets in Davis' ass and he is a hero.

    Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.


    Couple of quick questions......

    a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

    Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

    Mike gets in Davis' jiggly butt and he is a hero.

    Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.


    Couple of quick questions......

    a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Because in the same game, Chilly made some aweful mistakes. You can't point fingers because when you do, four are pointing back at you.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

    Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

    Mike gets in Davis' jiggly butt and he is a hero.

    Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.


    Couple of quick questions......

    a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Because in the same game, Chilly made some aweful mistakes. You can't point fingers because when you do, four are pointing back at you.
    What mistakes did the Chiller make?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

    Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

    Mike gets in Davis' jiggly butt and he is a hero.

    Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.


    Couple of quick questions......

    a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Because in the same game, Chilly made some aweful mistakes. You can't point fingers because when you do, four are pointing back at you.
    What mistakes did the Chiller make?
    Hiring Bevell for one.


    How long a list do you want?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

    Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

    Mike gets in Davis' jiggly butt and he is a hero.

    Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.


    Couple of quick questions......

    a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Because in the same game, Chilly made some aweful mistakes. You can't point fingers because when you do, four are pointing back at you.
    What mistakes did the Chiller make?
    Hiring Bevell for one.


    How long a list do you want?
    During that game silly boy.
    Besides, you of all people know I can make a longer list than anyone on here and I was one of his supporters.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

    Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

    Mike gets in Davis' jiggly butt and he is a hero.

    Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.


    Couple of quick questions......

    a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Because in the same game, Chilly made some aweful mistakes. You can't point fingers because when you do, four are pointing back at you.
    What mistakes did the Chiller make?
    Hiring Bevell for one.


    How long a list do you want?
    During that game silly boy.

    Besides, you of all people know I can make a longer list than anyone on here and I was one of his supporters.
    ;D
    I don't know if Chilly made that many mistakes during the Saint's game, however, the incident with Kluwe involved a skill with an oblong ball that doesn't always do what you want it to do (i.e. C. Gordon in the Bear's game).

    The other two incidents involved brain farts and don't give a shit attitudes that hurt the team and were easily avoided.
    The other two were ripe for an ass chewing, but Kluwe was just an easy target.

  8. #18
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coaching

    The whole thing was stupid, Davis didn't deserve that.


    He barely tapped Brian Russel after the play, it almost looked jokingly. I was surprised the ref threw that flag.


    I don't see how that makes it "all about him." He's underperformed as a receiver, but according to my 49er fanatic friend he's been nothing but great as a blocking TE this year and last, he struggled his rookie year... but he was a rookie.

    If it was all about Davis would he have been the only one to give a real chase to Josh Wilson on his pick-six.


    Hopefully Singletary didn't ruin his relationship with potentially his greatest offensive weapon.

  9. #19
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coach

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I wonder if we have a double standard here........

    Chiller chews out Kluwe on the sideline and he is throwing him under the bus.

    Mike gets in Davis' ass and he is a hero.

    Zorn rips into Portis on the bench this weekend and the Deadskin fans rejoice.


    Couple of quick questions......

    a.
    Is the wrong for the coach to do this?
    b.
    If so why is it ok for the other two and not the Chiller?
    Because Childress did it differently.

    He went to the press and said "This was my punter's fault." Basically pinning the near-loss on him.

    Where Zorn and Singletary were explaining their sideline actions, which drew a lot of attention.

  10. #20
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Singletary benches O'Sullivan, banishes Davis to locker room in Niners coaching

    I would also like to add that Davis has a bad attitude and was showing it so Mike let him know he isn't gonna put up with that crap

    Kluwe just didn't play well and Chilldress went about addressing that way wrong

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings confident they have enough locker-room lea
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 12:17 PM
  2. Petrino already may be losing his locker room in Atlanta
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 10:58 AM
  3. Emotion in Locker Room
    By Vikesfreak81 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 01:16 PM
  4. New in the Locker Room
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 03:46 AM
  5. Locker Room @ Halftime: BREAK SOME CHALKBOARDS!
    By Foreman44 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 01:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •