purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Sincere my Nodak Arse!!!!!!

What a load of crap this article is. Daunte is now attempting to swindle the fans again by saying the things he said. Does he actually think this will get the fans of Minnesota back on his side and make us upset at teh Vikings organization for trading him away. It sure seems like thats what he is trying to do. And this whole email thing is just stupid be a man a talk to the media face to face and your fans instead of sending these stupid emails out all the time.

Culpepper expresses sorrow, thanks fans in final e-mail
    In what he said would be his final e-mail to the Minnesota media, former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper apologized this morning for his role in an alleged Oct. 6 boat party and thanked Vikings fans for their support.
    Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: March 16, 2006 – 11:18 AM
    Printer friendly E-mail this story Vikings
    Vikings, Culpepper couldn’t work out problems

Vikings remove transition tag on Brian Williams
    In what he said would be his final e-mail to the Minnesota media, former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper apologized this morning for his role in an alleged Oct. 6 boat party and thanked Vikings fans for their support.
    The Vikings completed a trade Wednesday to send Culpepper to Miami for a second-round draft pick. The following is the text of Culpepper's message:

"Now that the trade to the Miami Dolphins is official, I want to take this opportunity to thank Denny Green for drafting me out of UCF and the fans of Minnesota for cheering for me the last 7 years with purple passion.

"I also want to thank my teammates who have battled with me in the football trenches. I wish the best for the Viking organization as they go forward under the new ownership group and coaching staff.

"Even though I cannot discuss in any detail the well publicized alleged 'boat incident,' I do have a message to the communities of Minnesota and Miami. I accept the responsibility and welcome the accountability of being a high profile athlete.

"Without admitting to the ridiculous allegations, I do apologize for any embarrassment that this situation has caused the community, the organization and especially my family. I can handle the personal accusations because I know the truth. I expect the legal process to clear my name so that I can move on.

"I look forward to returning to my roots where I can spend the second half of my career playing the game I love in front of the Florida football faithful. It felt like a dream come true when I walked into the Dolphins facility and met the coaches and administration. I can hardly wait to meet the Dolphin fans.

"As a result of what I hear and what I experienced on my short visit, I already feel very welcomed into the Miami Dolphin family.

Re: Sincere my Nodak Arse!!!!!!

Here is the link to the article.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/311372.html

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck and good riddance!!!

We will be much better off in the long run...rest assured!

GO VIKINGS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Hey, Dolphin fans!

Youse is gonna love Culpepper at foist. But, 5'll get ya 10 dat he will be a pain in da butt before it's all over.

Suckers!!!!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't know man, it sounds like a simple no-hard-feelings good bye to me. He didn't say anything at all about the current organization. He thanks the fans for being fans, Denny for drafting him and apologized for any public embarassment the boat thing caused.

Relax about Daunte. It is over. There is no need to lead a one man assault against him every time his name appears in the paper. I know you don't care for the guy, but this is starting to look like a vendetta... :wink:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

I wonder, and I ask this with no ill feelings for Daunte. Has he ever apologized to the state about the embarrassment he caused them before?

I mean he did here after he left kind of in passing. I only ever remember him saying no comment before. IN a stand offish way.

I find it interesting he felt the need to apologize now. No knock on him, maybe he did and I just didn't realize it.

I agree. He in my opinion seems to be attempting to make himself out to be to victim in all of this when in reality he has had numerous months to issue a simple appology and take ownership for the actions on the boat. But he waits until now after he has left the team he so called was Captain and leader of. Just doesnt add up to me, like I said before I think he is trying to cause a stir up here so the people who are upset he is gone will get more fuel added to there fire.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I wonder, and I ask this with no ill feelings for Daunte. Has he ever apologized to the state about the embarrassment he caused them before?

I mean he did here after he left kind of in passing. I only ever remember him saying no comment before. IN a stand offish way.

I find it interesting he felt the need to apologize now. No knock on him, maybe he did and I just didn't realize it.
    I don't think he ever did.

That was part of the problem.

He could have made that statement sooner than this.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    I agree. He in my opinion seems to be attempting to make himself out to be to victim in all of this when in reality he has had numerous months to issue a simple appology and take ownership for the actions on the boat. But he waits until now after he has left the team he so called was Captain and leader of. Just doesnt add up to me, like I said before I think he is trying to cause a stir up here so the people who are upset he is gone will get more fuel added to there fire.
    I didn't get that impression.

It was a carefully thought out statement and it was tactful.

Atleast he said something, better than nothing at all.