Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 206 of 206
  1. #201
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Is it significant that the Super Bowl-winning coach will be African-American?

    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Well being that lovie is darker than dungy, doesn't that mean the NFL is racist?
    If you say so, FVB!
    :

    Speaking of which, wasn't Deion just a little bit too adamant that Dominic Rhodes should have been the MVP...made me wonder a little bit about HIS motivation.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Is it significant that the Super Bowl-winning coach will be African-American?

    Oh congrats on 25g, I know there was a thread somewhere but this is easier. Something tells me it'll be at 35 by preseason.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

  3. #203
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Is it significant that the Super Bowl-winning coach will be African-American?

    Minority rights is such a touchy subject because people are overly sensitive.
    According to the sensus 80% of america is white, 11% is "black" and 6% is "hispanic".
    That means the NFL needs to revise its own rule.
    For every two blacks interviewed for coaching vacancies there should be one hispanic interviewed.

    Benny Ricardo should be our next coach.

    http://www.censusscope.org/us/chart_race.html


    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  4. #204
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Is it significant that the Super Bowl-winning coach will be African-American?

    "SKOL" wrote:
    Minority rights is such a touchy subject because people are overly sensitive.
    According to the sensus 80% of america is white, 11% is "black" and 6% is "hispanic".
    That means the NFL needs to revise its own rule.
    For every two blacks interviewed for coaching vacancies there should be one hispanic interviewed.

    Benny Ricardo should be our next coach.

    http://www.censusscope.org/us/chart_race.html

    Wouldn't that also require all teams to be comprised of 80% white players?

    Funny how that never works the other way, huh?

    Caine *who walks away after stirring the fire*

  5. #205
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Is it significant that the Super Bowl-winning coach will be African-American?

    "Caine" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Minority rights is such a touchy subject because people are overly sensitive.
    According to the sensus 80% of america is white, 11% is "black" and 6% is "hispanic".
    That means the NFL needs to revise its own rule.
    For every two blacks interviewed for coaching vacancies there should be one hispanic interviewed.

    Benny Ricardo should be our next coach.

    http://www.censusscope.org/us/chart_race.html

    Wouldn't that also require all teams to be comprised of 80% white players?

    Funny how that never works the other way, huh?

    Caine *who walks away after stirring the fire*
    It would also require more minority ownership. Not 1 minority owner, funny HOW that does works.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  6. #206
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Is it significant that the Super Bowl-winning coach will be African-American?

    "Vikes" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Minority rights is such a touchy subject because people are overly sensitive.
    According to the sensus 80% of america is white, 11% is "black" and 6% is "hispanic".
    That means the NFL needs to revise its own rule.
    For every two blacks interviewed for coaching vacancies there should be one hispanic interviewed.

    Benny Ricardo should be our next coach.

    http://www.censusscope.org/us/chart_race.html

    Wouldn't that also require all teams to be comprised of 80% white players?

    Funny how that never works the other way, huh?

    Caine *who walks away after stirring the fire*
    It would also require more minority ownership. Not 1 minority owner, funny HOW that does works.
    EOE laws are emplaced to cover employees, not owners.
    There is no legislation in place to affect what ethinic percentage of ownership of any type of corporation must be...only what percentage of ethnic representation must be present in their work force.
    After all, how many major software companies are minority owned?
    How many drug companies?
    How many of ANY company?


    Ownership is not a controlled factor.
    Employment IS.
    So, since the percentage of whites in America is roughly 80%, shouldn't there be an 80% representation of whites in professional sports?
    Looks like Hockey is the only one in compliance (Well...and Curling).

    Yet, no one raises a stink about that - even I don't care what color athletes are, I'm simply using the fact that the concept of REQUIRING minority participation or employment is as silly as REQUIRING majority participation or employment.
    In short, Affirmative Action is fundamentally flawed since it ONLY works in favor OF the minorities.
    In essence, it becomes nothing more than a reverse form of discrimination.

    The FACT remains that the best person for the job is SELDOM defined by race (There are the odd exceptions), so being forced to tailor your hiring practices to some mandated percentage guideline is ultimately self-defeating...just as not hiring someone due to race is ultimately self-defeating.
    In fact, I'm of the opinion that the only reason it's still really an issue is because the Government has MADE it one.


    So, do I care that less than 30% of the 2006 Minnesota Vikings are white?
    Not one friggin' bit!!!
    Would we have been a better team had we been 80% white, 11% African American, and 6% Hispanic and 3% "Other"?
    I seriously doubt it.
    We'd have been a better team if our players had simply been better players...regardless of race.

    Caine

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Similar Threads

  1. LXXX years of Super Bowl history - Vikings to win Super Bowl XLVI?
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 02:30 PM
  3. US Presidents/Super Bowl-winning QBs Trivia
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
  5. The American Bowl
    By LuckyVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 03:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •