VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter

Sidney Rice to be released...

Well, the Seahawks have a bad habit of signing ex-Viking wide receivers to big contracts and then releasing them after a few years:

Nate Burleson
    Sidney Rice

Will Percy be next?

Minniman is online now Hall of Famer
    Percy is a hero in Seattle for just ONE PLAY!

Sidney is a good player, but his bones are made of plaster and his ligaments are made of gummy worms.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Sidney Rice to be released...

Have one really good season, sign a big contract then become a liability due to injury. A case of history repeating.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I still think there is a good chance the Seahawks will re-negotiate Harvin's contract for even MORE cash. The love for the guy here in Oregon is THAT irrational.

I'm being sarcastic, of course, but the sentiment is not too far off.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Percy Harvin WILL NOT negotiate his contract, the money is what he wants,, the whole time in Minnesota he complained, stayed hurt and demanded to be paid like a true #1,which he IS NOT.... the main reason he was traded was because his demand for money when the Vikes tried to negotiate a long term deal... he was, is,and never will be worth 10 million a year

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan620 View Post
    Percy Harvin WILL NOT negotiate his contract, the money is what he wants,, the whole time in Minnesota he complained, stayed hurt and demanded to be paid like a true #1,which he IS NOT.... the main reason he was traded was because his demand for money when the Vikes tried to negotiate a long term deal... he was, is,and never will be worth 10 million a year
    Complained & demanded to be paid the whole time he was here? All 4 years? You may want to rethink that.

BTW, he missed 9 games while he was here for 4 years. Rudolph has missed 10 in 3 years, Harrison Smith 8 in 1 year & Chris Cook 30 in 4 years & fans still want to resign Cook.

Lets not forget Childs who has yet to see the field in a preseason game, never saw the inside of the Metrodome in a uniform on the sidelines & has missed 32 games in 2 years. Yet fans are pining to see this injury prone WR take the field.
    Last edited by singersp; 02-25-2014 at 05:32 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I still believe Harvin has realized he is extremely gifted, but fragile. As such, he NEEDED a long term deal with guaranteed money because there is a very good chance he might continue to get injured, and the Vikings were not interested in offering it.

What makes me think this is Harvin's refusal to start/play in any games where he is not 100%.
    There is a real fear of a season/career ending injury if he is not at the top of his game.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Sadly Rice is no more than a #3 or #4 WR now. I'm sure he will get picked up, but it won't be for much.