Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

SI dissing the Raiders and Moss

This is a portion of an article by Jay Mohr of SI:

Does some of this sound familiar??????

The Oakland Raiders, bad boys, pirates, looters, pillagers. Even the mascot is a bad-ass. The guy on the helmet wears an eye patch and he is smiling nonetheless. But when you are 0-3 to open a season you don't look like a bad-ass as much as just an ass.

The Raiders' offseason was very dramatic. They signed free agent LaMont Jordan from the Jets for an ungodly sum of money. Last season Jordan averaged almost five yards a carry for New York backing up NFL rushing champion Curtis Martin. Jordan is a huge dude, and it always seemed as if it took three defenders to bring him down. For the first time since perhaps Marcus Allen, the Raiders entered the season with a bona fide stud in their backfield. Well, three games into the season, the stud is a dud. After running for 70 yards in his debut as a Raider, LaMont looks more like the son on Sanford and Son than a star running back for the Silver and Black. In subsequent games, LaMont ("You big dummy!") has racked up 59 yards against the Chiefs, followed by 19 yards against the Eagles. That seems like a mathematic impossibility considering every team the Raiders play must concentrate almost solely on someone else. Which brings me to the other bold offseason move made by the Raiders. Randy Moss.

If ever a player was born to be a Raider, Randy Moss is it. He is surly and selfish. He has a huge chip on his shoulder and he plays only when he wants to play. To be fair, he was without question the most talented player to switch teams in the offseason. Hell, he was probably the most talented player to switch teams in the last 10 years! But, as the saying goes, a leopard can't change his spots. Randy may not be a leopard, but he is still a punk. The same man who became a giant headache in Minnesota has become an Excedrin headache No. 18 in Oakland. Randy no longer talks to the media and, ala T.O., he wears headphones walking in and walking out of the stadium. When you are the most talented guy on a winless team why be cordial, right?

Watching Moss sulk on the sidelines on Sunday was beautiful. It epitomized what promises to be one of the Raiders' worst seasons.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: SI dissing the Raiders and Moss

Wow! Really laid into him.

Randy is not the reason they are 0-3, the Defense is more of the reason.

Prophet Guest

Ouch. I disagree with the season being shot though. The Raiders have a fairly decent team. They could easily finish at 0.500 this year.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Same applies. One player doesn't make a team, one player doesn't break a team. Theoretically speaking, of course.
    The acting out should commence presently.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

I wonder if Randy wishes he was in Minnesota still?
    You kinda need a good QB throwing to you if you wanna still be a greta wide reciver.....don't you?

I wonder if he's sitting there thinking....(man,if I had only stayed with the Vikes and not have such a bad attitude?)

Maybe that's just me?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Most retarded article i've ever read in my life.. Randy doesn't have anything to do with them losing..

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

That is really an unfair article. This must be one of the reporters that Moss didn't talk to. Just because the guy doesn't talk to you doesn't make him BARRY BONDS.

"That is just Moss being Moss and the Reporters being JaggOffs"

I was just thinking the other day that I haven't heard hardly anything about Randy. It seems like it has been Chad and TO geting all the attention.

Once again, I don't dislike Moss, I would take him back anyday of the week.

I honestly think that Randy is not a bad guy, he is just different. People don't get him, and he doesn't want to be liked, I will do(play) as I want to do(play). As long as he is not breaking the law, he is alright.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

This was on the home page, if you haven't seen it, take a look

It is BRILLIANT! It pokes fun at Al Davis and the Raiders

[size=18px]Watch this Cartoon[/size]

http://www.bangcartoon.com/previews.htm

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Randy is Randy

He will always do things that piss-off people, right now it is the reporters. I think soon it will be his fellow teammates, if they start winning it will make it better for awhile. But if the losing continues, Randy will blow by mid-season.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    That is really an unfair article. This must be one of the reporters that Moss didn't talk to. Just because the guy doesn't talk to you doesn't make him BARRY BONDS.

"That is just Moss being Moss and the Reporters being JaggOffs"

I was just thinking the other day that I haven't heard hardly anything about Randy. It seems like it has been Chad and TO geting all the attention.

Once again, I don't dislike Moss, I would take him back anyday of the week.

I honestly think that Randy is not a bad guy, he is just different. People don't get him, and he doesn't want to be liked, I will do(play) as I want to do(play). As long as he is not breaking the law, he is alright.
    Well said, couldn't agree more.

It's time for Moss to really break out, and what better way than against the Cowgirls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast