Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: SI.com Rips Culpepper

Well that was a refreshing look at the situation!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Prophet Guest

....'nother Culpepper update:

POSTED 2:53 p.m. EDT, April 5, 2006

CULPEPPER NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET
    Mike Florio

Greg Bedard of the Palm Beach Post reports that criminal charges might be re-filed against former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper due to his alleged role in the Love Boat fiasco. On Tuesday, a judge dismissed three misdemeanor counts against Culpepper based on a finding that there was no probable cause to believe he committed a crime.

"The rules in Minnesota say a dismissal for a lack of probable cause is not appealable, but the remedy is to recharge it," prosecutor Steve Tallen told Bedard. "The question is, do I want to put myself and everyone through the pain? I just don't know that. I think it's possible. Have we all bled enough and want to move on, or do we want to keep going? I don't know. There are public policy considerations and I haven't sorted them all out, but I will at some point."

The statute of limitations on the charges is three years.

The charges against Culpepper were dismissed because Culpepper denied receiving a lap dance under oath at his preliminary hearing, and the prosecution put on no testimony or other evidence to rebut his claims.

"I honestly think the judge is wrong in terms of how he has applied the law," Tallen said. "My gut feeling is he's wrong when he says if the other side puts on live people, I need to put on live people, too. If he's right, then I goofed; and if he's not right, then he goofed."

Either way, Tallen apparently can get a do-over.

Of course, the fact that Culpepper no longer works or resides in Minnesota will complicate things. Culpepper's new team, the Dolphins, won't play a regular season game in Minnesota until 2010. So issues like extradition will come into play if Tallen decides to proceed, and such lengths probably represent more time, cost, and trouble than they're worth.

Tallen also could pursue illegal gambling charges against Culpepper, since he testified that he didn't get a lap dance during the sex cruise because he was playing craps at $20 a throw.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Jeffri Chadiha, SI.com

Let's get something straight right from the start: Daunte Culpepper's image problems didn't end with a favorable court ruling in Minneapolis on Tuesday. He can't hide behind that good fortune -- a Hennepin County judge decided that he had nothing to do with the Minnesota Vikings' Love Boat scandal last fall -- and he can only bask so long in the adulation of Miami Dolphins fans who can't wait to see him playing quarterback for their team this season. Eventually, Culpepper will face reality. He's simply inflicted too much damage on his once sterling reputation for it all to disappear . . . (read the entire article below)
    Two words, KOBE BRYANT!

Reputations in this day and age of sports are easily repaired.

There is always someone new out there that is willing to cheer for you, look at TO and the Dallas fans.

I agree, Dallas hated T.O. after his antics on the Dallas star, those same fans will be wearing his jersey this season !
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

:roll: ukeright: My eyes are vomiting after reading that. Cliche after cliche, all unsupported by evidence. Believe me, he DEFINITELY wasn't wanted here. The fickle fans were calling for his head after 4 bad games. It took Harrington an entire season to build that kind of reputation. Any predictions on how his next season is going to go are pure, undiluted, 200-proof speculation at this point.

Although I understand his reasons for leaving, Culpepper is just another team's starting QB now that he's gone. If the Vikes play the Dolphins, I'll be rooting for the Vikings and against every member of the Dolphins, including Daunte. I don't harbor a grudge.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

I always say you don't know someone's true colors until something bad happens. That's when you truly know who they are.

Last season I saw Birk after surgery on the sideline helping his teammates. He is a leader.

Where was Daunte? I saw him at one game up in the stands.

He isn't a leader. I hate the gay roll on. I'm glad he is gone.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    :roll: ukeright: My eyes are vomiting after reading that. Cliche after cliche, all unsupported by evidence. Believe me, he DEFINITELY wasn't wanted here. The fickle fans were calling for his head after 4 bad games. It took Harrington an entire season to build that kind of reputation. Any predictions on how his next season is going to go are pure, undiluted, 200-proof speculation at this point.

Although I understand his reasons for leaving, Culpepper is just another team's starting QB now that he's gone. If the Vikes play the Dolphins, I'll be rooting for the Vikings and against every member of the Dolphins, including Daunte. I don't harbor a grudge.
    Good post BBQ!

I just noticed your title, I like it.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Good article.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

I still like Cpep and I hope he does do well in Miami. I also hope he stinks to high heaven every time he plays against the Vikes. It will be great to see him drive down the field and fumble or throw an interception to blow the drive. It will be nice to see that from the other side.

I do really wish that the people who hire the writers to cover sports would make it a requirement that they must do SOME research before blowing their opinions on us that they can't even back up with any type of evidience.

If you want to bash someone then bash them. If you can't take the time to dig some evidence to use to support your statements then don't report the story.

Get over it, he's gone! Time to move on, I thought this was for vikings fans who always say "next year", not for packer fans who always say "remember when." he's gone change the subject
    You republican whore!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast