Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Shocking-Week One

Niners. I watched that game on the ticket after De-Toilet had the game in hand. They played hard and hit even HARDER on "D". They played with real heart and i was impressed on how Nolan got his team to play for him.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Niners. I watched that game on the ticket after De-Toilet had the game in hand. They played hard and hit even HARDER on "D". They played with real heart and i was impressed on how Nolan got his team to play for him.
    There D was very suspect last year who did they add or are they ust improved from last year. I remember their LB (peterson?) wanted out.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    There D was very suspect last year who did they add or are they ust improved from last year. I remember their LB (peterson?) wanted out.
    They didn't add anyone. Just came out, were motivated to win, and played with hear. Nolan did a fantastic job and IMO dont think it will he the last we hear from the Niners this year.

"mnjamie" wrote:
    They didn't add anyone. Just came out, were motivated to win, and played with hear. Nolan did a fantastic job and IMO dont think it will he the last we hear from the Niners this year.
    So AZ and Sea finish at the bottom of the West or do you think the 49ers will just be disruptive at home.

I am really surprised that no one is surprised about the KC defense holding the Jet and C-Mart to nothing and gave them a courtesy TD in the 4th quarter.

Who do the Chefs think they are?

Last year they were more porous than a sponge.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

MIA is a suprise, many have DEN winning division. Saban might be the real deal for MIA. It helps to have a RB this year too.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I am really surprised that no one is surprised about the KC defense holding the Jet and C-Mart to nothing and gave them a courtesy TD in the 4th quarter.

I found that to be a little odd. I thought the Jets would've done a lot better than that. I guess KC's Defense is not as bad as I thought. Just did not think they would be this good.

But, it was only week 1. They may get worse, or play pretty good.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I found that to be a little odd. I thought the Jets would've done a lot better than that. I guess KC's Defense is not as bad as I thought. Just did not think they would be this good.

It seemed like there were a lot of teams that came out and played like the Vikes, a total surprise. DC and Pennington didn't score a TD, Fiedler did. There for a long time last night, I thought that McCrab-Ho was going to get shut out too. It really goes to show that TO and field position are the key to winning or losing.

The Jets had 7 fumbles and lost 2 and 1 INT. They had 8 penalties.

The teams that can control the ball - Running
    hold the ball - Least TO
    and be efficient - Least Penalties
    are going to be on the winning end MOST of the time.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

It seemed like there were a lot of teams that came out and played like the Vikes, a total surprise. DC and Pennington didn't score a TD, Fiedler did. There for a long time last night, I thought that McCrab-Ho was going to get shut out too. It really goes to show that TO and field position are the key to winning or losing.

The Jets had 7 fumbles and lost 2 and 1 INT. They had 8 penalties.

The teams that can control the ball - Running
    hold the ball - Least TO
    and be efficient - Least Penalties
    are going to be on the winning end MOST of the time.
    Its funny you mention that. Living in Cleveland I know a lot of Steelers fans so I hear a lot about them.

Cowher formula for winning is, run the ball, hold the lead, and control the clock. And that is what they do and why they were so successful last year. Ben does not throw the ball much. He does not have to. They just beat it down your throat, exhaust your defense by having them on the field forever, and win. Seems so simple.

Ben had only thrown the ball 11 times Sunday. They ran the ball 41 times. Althought they did not really control the clock as much as they usually do, they got 424 yards of Offense. I realize they did only play the Titans. But, they did this to most teams last year.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Cowher formula for winning is, run the ball, hold the lead, and control the clock. And that is what they do and why they were so successful last year. Ben does not throw the ball much. He does not have to. They just beat it down your throat, exhaust your defense by having them on the field forever, and win. Seems so simple.
    I think Tice really really wants to be like that but can never fully commit to that. IMO, I don't think we have the personel right now to accomplish that and going out and adding a boatload of WRs doesn't convince me we are committed to running the ball. It would seem like a waste of some of DC talent but OH WELL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast