Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Shocking solution to our TE problem

What is the Vikings' current weekest position? Most people would say the QB position, but an "honorable mention" could arguably go to the TE position. You probably know what the deal is at that position already (you should!) so I will not go into that now. Anyways, we should fix this problem and I know a lot of you guys won't like my following proposal, but please give it a chance!
    I say we could at least try to get Jeremy Shockey in a trade with the NY Giants. I know I would probably get a lot of comment like "are you stupid?", "Shockey sucks!" or "Shockey is a deucebag!", but please takthe time to read the rest of my post!

First of all, Shockey is a great player, some say he's overrated, but Shockey is, wether you like it or not, one of the best TE in the NFL when healthy. He was a first round pick, he has been to numerous Pro Bowls and was the Rookie of the Year in 2002. He is very fast for a TE, he run good routes and he is underated as a blocker He may have had a lot of dropped balls, but he still has soft hands. He is a very electrifying player to watch, and with AD on the team we would have one, if not the most electrifying players at both the TE-position and the RB-position. Imagine how fun it would be to be a Vikings fan!

;D

A little clip of Jeremy:

[youtube=425,350]Tx02CbpPcGY&feature=related[/youtube]

The big knock on Shockey is of course that he is a loose cannon. Much like Terrell Owens, he says whatever he feels like saying and he can be bad locker influence. However, look at Terrell Owens, he looks much happier in Dallas and it looks like he finally found the "right" team for him. Maybe Shockey needs to find the "right" team for him too. The Giants is clearly not a good place for him, maybe Minnesota Vikings is...

Maybe Jeremy needs a fresh start...
    It has happened to a lot of players that they didn't blossom until they changed team.

Now, you'll probably argue that the Giants will ask to much for Shockey and we will have to sacrifice a lot to get him to Minnesota. Well... I don't think so.
    The Giants don't want Shockey on their team anymore and we know that Shockey would not be happy either to stay on the team. Right now, we could probably get Shockey for a 2nd and a 4th round-pick, but I think we could trade even less for him if Shockey still is on the team the next couple of weeks.

Here's a good read on Shockey's situation from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Why not take a chance? He might be a disaster, but he might also be the player everyone thought he would be after his rookie year; [size=14pt]THE GREATEST TIGHT END IN THE NFL[/size].

Do ya feel me?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Shocking solution to our TE problem

"HEY" wrote:
    What is the Vikings' current weekest position? Most people would say the QB position, but an "honorable mention" could arguably go to the TE position. You probably know what the deal is at that position already (you should!) so I will not go into that now. Anyways, we should fix this problem and I know a lot of you guys won't like my following proposal, but please give it a chance!
    I say we could at least try to get Jeremy Shockey in a trade with the NY Giants. I know I would probably get a lot of comment like "are you stupid?", "Shockey sucks!" or "Shockey is a deucebag!", but please takthe time to read the rest of my post!

First of all, Shockey is a great player, some say he's overrated, but Shockey is, wether you like it or not, one of the best TE in the NFL when healthy. He was a first round pick, he has been to numerous Pro Bowls and was the Rookie of the Year in 2002. He is very fast for a TE, he run good routes and he is underated as a blocker He may have had a lot of dropped balls, but he still has soft hands. He is a very electrifying player to watch, and with AD on the team we would have one, if not the most electrifying players at both the TE-position and the RB-position. Imagine how fun it would be to be a Vikings fan!

;D

A little clip of Jeremy:

The big knock on Shockey is of course that he is a loose cannon. Much like Terrell Owens, he says whatever he feels like saying and he can be bad locker influence. However, look at Terrell Owens, he looks much happier in Dallas and it looks like he finally found the "right" team for him. Maybe Shockey needs to find the "right" team for him too. The Giants is clearly not a good place for him, maybe Minnesota Vikings is...

It has happened to a lot of players that they didn't blossom until they changed team.

Now, you'll probably argue that the Giants will ask to much for Shockey and we will have to sacrifice a lot to get him to Minnesota. Well... I don't think so.
    The Giants don't want Shockey on their team anymore and we know that Shockey would not be happy either to stay on the team. Right now, we could probably get Shockey for a 2nd and a 4th round-pick, but I think we could trade even less for him if Shockey still is on the team the next couple of weeks.

Why not take a chance? He might be a disaster, but he might also be the player everyone thought he would be after his rookie year; [size=14pt]THE GREATEST TIGHT END IN THE NFL[/size].

Do ya feel me?
    No. I don't feel you.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm not feelin' you.
    Childress and Co. have been trying to turn this team into a bunch of good little boys, they won't go back and undo all their work by signing a guy like Shockey.
    The guy is good, no doubt, but the guy is unstable.
    IF he were to change his attitude like TO and Randy have managed to do, then I'd welcome him, as he would certainly help out our team and give TJ a great option, but I can't see it happening.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I'm not quite sure why the Vikes would bring in a complete prima dona who wants the ball every play and complains accordingly.
    Also, isn't there a message in the fact that Giants players were happy he wasn't on the sideline during the Super Bowl.
    Shockey is a very good player, to be sure...he is not worthy, however, of being a Viking.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Where's the - ' hell no way we don't need that lardass ' option
    ;D

The best place for him is anyway but Minny thanks very much
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"AngloVike" wrote:
    ;D

Just added your option

Hmm... Looks like no one is feeling me so far.
    :'(
    C'mon guys! Do you not think that there is not even a slight chance that Shockey might get his acts straight if he gets a fresh start on a new team. It has happened to so many players before.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No, Shockey is a class A Douche.
    He ranks up there with Chad Johnson

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    ;D

Just added your option

Hmm... Looks like no one is feeling me so far.
    :'(
    C'mon guys! Do you not think that there is not even a slight chance that Shockey might get his acts straight if he gets a fresh start on a new team. It has happened to so many players before.

If it was a case of him having personal issues as some players have done before - ie CC or even Jared Allen - then I'm happy for players to move and make a fresh start. However you can't make a fresh start to get over being a prima donna.

By the way thanks for adding the extra option - I made good use of it
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:

;D

A little clip of Jeremy:

Do ya feel me?
    Maybe they would take Shank back...and a box of Tastycakes.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Shockey is bad lockerroom ju-ju.
    Just say no.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast