Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Sharper to test free agency...

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    Please, no. He doesn't fit the scheme we run. Now, I liked him and all.. but after seeing how he played his last year here in Minny, I realized that he misses too many tackles, and run piss poor angles (I think Zeus tried to get me to see this 2 years ago). Hell, there were more than a few times during the SB when I saw him take horrible angles and miss tackles.

Nope, he'd just delay the play of a young player. If we need to, draft a young DB.
    No safety has worked out in our scheme. Sharper has been a stud on every team, even the Vikes, before we implemented our "scheme".

Our secondary has ranked in the bottom half of the league for the past 4 years. We peaked at 18th (2008) and hit the bottom at 32nd (2007) and 31st (2006).

Makes you think, maybe it's the scheme?
    I don't think so... I know so.

As for the missed tackle arguments we're hearing so often. I don't think people argue the fact he misses tackles. We know that. Its that our guys miss more. Packers and Steelers game easily come to mind where both MW and TJ had major fuckups that could have and did cost us a game.
    Our guys, or just our guy??????

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus

Lets look at Sharpers last season here compared to this season with who we have.

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 5-Tackles 60
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Hmm... And some say there was no decline in play
    I should use an owned pic since I have not been around in a while.

Ahhhhhh the owned tact....

Quick question, how can I be owned when I gave him the stats?
    Ahh yes but you failed to compare it to the last year he played as a Viking. Same system, better numbers. Sharper should still be here. I am just hoping TJ improves. It is not like he is that far from Sharper but Sharper has the leadership advantage which I always like.
    I would buy into the whole "Leadership" discussion point with any other player but an EX PUKER....

JK, I agree. Anytime you loose a vet and plug in a Rook/1 year player, there is gonna be issues.

Bigger question is why hasn't Whinny, M-will or Chad or someone like that taken over that leadership role?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    Please, no. He doesn't fit the scheme we run. Now, I liked him and all.. but after seeing how he played his last year here in Minny, I realized that he misses too many tackles, and run piss poor angles (I think Zeus tried to get me to see this 2 years ago). Hell, there were more than a few times during the SB when I saw him take horrible angles and miss tackles.

Nope, he'd just delay the play of a young player. If we need to, draft a young DB.
    No safety has worked out in our scheme. Sharper has been a stud on every team, even the Vikes, before we implemented our "scheme".

Our secondary has ranked in the bottom half of the league for the past 4 years. We peaked at 18th (2008) and hit the bottom at 32nd (2007) and 31st (2006).

As for the missed tackle arguments we're hearing so often. I don't think people argue the fact he misses tackles. We know that. Its that our guys miss more. Packers and Steelers game easily come to mind where both MW and TJ had major fuckups that could have and did cost us a game.

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus

Lets look at Sharpers last season here compared to this season with who we have.

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 5-Tackles 60
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Ahh yes but you failed to compare it to the last year he played as a Viking. Same system, better numbers. Sharper should still be here. I am just hoping TJ improves. It is not like he is that far from Sharper but Sharper has the leadership advantage which I always like.
    I would buy into the whole "Leadership" discussion point with any other player but an EX PUKER....

JK, I agree. Anytime you loose a vet and plug in a Rook/1 year player, there is gonna be issues.

Bigger question is why hasn't Whinny, M-will or Chad or someone like that taken over that leadership role?
    I would think they all have leadership roles. Winfield for CBs. Chad for LBs but really all the LBs are great leaders. Williams just doesn't seem to have that type of attitude. IMO he is still learning. This was only his second year with the team and sixth year in the league. Sharper already had 8 seasons before he came here plus he IMO is far better than Williams.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 5-Tackles 60
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

I would think they all have leadership roles. Winfield for CBs. Chad for LBs but really all the LBs are great leaders. Williams just doesn't seem to have that type of attitude. IMO he is still learning. This was only his second year with the team and sixth year in the league. Sharper already had 8 seasons before he came here plus he IMO is far better than Williams.
    I am just not buying into the whole Sharp is better discussion. Dude did not produce in this scheme mostly cause he didn't like the restriction of playing his zone.

Pure and simple, why would we bring him back if he doesn't fit the scheme?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234