Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Sharper to test free agency...

Formo wrote:
    Please, no. He doesn't fit the scheme we run. Now, I liked him and all.. but after seeing how he played his last year here in Minny, I realized that he misses too many tackles, and run piss poor angles (I think Zeus tried to get me to see this 2 years ago). Hell, there were more than a few times during the SB when I saw him take horrible angles and miss tackles.

Nope, he'd just delay the play of a young player. If we need to, draft a young DB.
    No safety has worked out in our scheme. Sharper has been a stud on every team, even the Vikes, before we implemented our "scheme".

Our secondary has ranked in the bottom half of the league for the past 4 years. We peaked at 18th (2008) and hit the bottom at 32nd (2007) and 31st (2006).

Makes you think, maybe it's the scheme?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    Please, no. He doesn't fit the scheme we run. Now, I liked him and all.. but after seeing how he played his last year here in Minny, I realized that he misses too many tackles, and run piss poor angles (I think Zeus tried to get me to see this 2 years ago). Hell, there were more than a few times during the SB when I saw him take horrible angles and miss tackles.

Nope, he'd just delay the play of a young player. If we need to, draft a young DB.
    No safety has worked out in our scheme. Sharper has been a stud on every team, even the Vikes, before we implemented our "scheme".

Our secondary has ranked in the bottom half of the league for the past 4 years. We peaked at 18th (2008) and hit the bottom at 32nd (2007) and 31st (2006).

I don't think so... I know so.

As for the missed tackle arguments we're hearing so often. I don't think people argue the fact he misses tackles. We know that. Its that our guys miss more. Packers and Steelers game easily come to mind where both MW and TJ had major fuckups that could have and did cost us a game.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

After he founds out that no one wants him, he will be back with the saints
    We're bringing purple back.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

WOW using ED Reed as a comparison is just not fair.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:

As for the missed tackle arguments we're hearing so often. I don't think people argue the fact he misses tackles. We know that. Its that our guys miss more. Packers and Steelers game easily come to mind where both MW and TJ had major fuckups that could have and did cost us a game.
    Our guys, or just our guy??????

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus
    Again, I don't put much faith in those missed tackle stats considering they're not official stats. Especially since you brought out the stat that Berrian only had 3 drops, which we all know isn't true. I just don't trust that source

However, has more to do than just wrapping up and coming away empty. How many times have we seen TJ and MW in the same zone getting beat? How many times have we seen a TE make them look foolish?

Its hard to compare sharper to MW/TJ really due to the scheme differences. Sharper will have more deflections and interceptions naturally, but probably less tackles.

Lets look at Sharpers last season here compared to this season with who we have.

Using that site, as un-official as those stats are:

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 5-Tackles 60
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Hmm... And some say there was no decline in play

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus
    Again, I don't put much faith in those missed tackle stats considering they're not official stats. Especially since you brought out the stat that Berrian only had 3 drops, which we all know isn't true. I just don't trust that source

However, has more to do than just wrapping up and coming away empty. How many times have we seen TJ and MW in the same zone getting beat? How many times have we seen a TE make them look foolish?

Its hard to compare sharper to MW/TJ really due to the scheme differences. Sharper will have more deflections and interceptions naturally, but probably less tackles.

Lets look at Sharpers last season here compared to this season with who we have.

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 5-Tackles 60
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Some good points...However, some followon thoughts...

a. I really believed he had lost a step or two. This year proved me wrong. What that really showed was that he wasn't a good fit in the cover 2. Why would we want to bring him back in to a scheme that doesn't fit him.

Obviously the other teams in dire need of a S, that run the cover 2, think the same way cause they surely can have him on the cheap, as you said yourself.

b. Sharp doesn't tip balls, Sharp puts himself in the vacinity to make plays on tipped balls. If you've got the time, go look on youtube and track his INT's this year. I think even you will admit that he is in the right place at the right time to make a play after someone else actually made a good play first.

c. Stats. I know you discount this site, mostly cause it doesn't reflect as high a number as you believe, but the truth of the matter, at least for me, is that this site tries to be as accurate as it possibly can be and welcomes any/all input with respect to accuracy.

When it comes to things like "Missed Tackles" and "Dropped Balls", my guess is they are more accurate than say a couple of yutz's half blasted with cheap beer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 5-Tackles 60
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

a. I really believed he had lost a step or two. This year proved me wrong. What that really showed was that he wasn't a good fit in the cover 2. Why would we want to bring him back in to a scheme that doesn't fit him.

Obviously the other teams in dire need of a S, that run the cover 2, think the same way cause they surely can have him on the cheap, as you said yourself.

b. Sharp doesn't tip balls, Sharp puts himself in the vacinity to make plays on tipped balls. If you've got the time, go look on youtube and track his INT's this year. I think even you will admit that he is in the right place at the right time to make a play after someone else actually made a good play first.

c. Stats. I know you discount this site, mostly cause it doesn't reflect as high a number as you believe, but the truth of the matter, at least for me, is that this site tries to be as accurate as it possibly can be and welcomes any/all input with respect to accuracy.

When it comes to things like "Missed Tackles" and "Dropped Balls", my guess is they are more accurate than say a couple of yutz's half blasted with cheap beer.
    a. that doesn't show anything other than your a yutz fan like the rest of us.

b. I don't care how he does it, the guy makes plays. The Vikings desperately needed someone to make a plays on defense. The Vikings as a team had 11int in the regular season, Sharper had 9 by himself. Also he did have 15 deflections, Tyrell had 7.

c. The stats show that in the Vikings system Sharper is a better tackler than either of the cats we have now.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 5-Tackles 60
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

I take offense to that... I get blasted with only the finest beers.

And no, I discount the site because its been proven inaccurate. (yet it still shows Sharper was better in our system than any other of the guys we have now.)

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Formo wrote:

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 10-Tackles 50
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

Profootball Focus

M-will MT 11/Tackles 56
    Sharp MT 5-Tackles 60
    STJ MT 6/Tackles 46

I take offense to that... I get blasted with only the finest beers.

And no, I discount the site because its been proven inaccurate. (yet it still shows Sharper was better in our system than any other of the guys we have now.)
    How has it been proven inaccurate?

Did you take thier challenge and query them as I recommended the last time we had the fine discussion? :huh:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast