Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    KevinK is offline Starter

Sharper to test free agency...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8168911b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

KevinK is offline Starter

Re:Sharper to test free agency...

he only made 1.7 last year. If he wants a raise no wonder the Saints said, "Do as you wish...."

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Sharper said he won't come as cheap as he did last year, be it with the Saints or anyone else. He didn't specify a price range but said he has a "couple good years left."
    I say we forget about him. He was not a very good player when he played for the Vikings two years ago, and I doubt that he will be any better this time around. We need a safety that can tackle.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I know V is out there hovering someplace just waiting to pounce, however, I still don't want the guy.

I admit I was wrong and he probably hasn't lost the step I attributed his poor play (as a Viking) to, however, I still ask the question back, why wasn't he as productive as a Vike as he was last year......

Answer should be scheme. He just isn't a good fit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"As far as playing the Cover 2, I think the numbers as far as interceptions won't be as high as compared to the system I played in under [Saints defensive coordinator] Gregg Williams. I'm able to play a lot more areas of the football field. In the Cover 2 system, you're in one spot most of the time and if the ball doesn't come your way, you can't go get the ball. But you can still be successful in the Cover 2."

Sharper's attitude toward the Cover 2 has changed considerably. In only a month.

"Playing in the style that I played in at Minnesota last year, I was more of a protector, as far as being a guy that kept everything in front of us to try and prevent a big play," Sharper said on the first day of Super Bowl week. "I think [New Orleans defensive coordinator] Gregg Williams' style of defense allows me to be a playmaker and trust my instincts, to attack the football."
    Sharper warms up to the Cover 2 again
    Ohhhh brother......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

There are far too many reasons why Sharper would be good to come back to Vikes:

1. he helped the Saints win a Superbowl
    2. he will only ask for a 1 year deal, and the vikes have plenty of money
    3. he will add depth in our suspect secondary (even if he is only in for half or a quarter of the plays)
    4. he will add experience and leadership to an already great defense
    5. he is a defensive big play maker (could always use someone like that)
    6. he already knows the system
    7. he knows the saints system, who we will have to face at least once this year (if not twice when we see them in the playoffs again)
    8. he is still better than more than half of the safeties out there in the league

I could probably name more pros to adding him to the roster, but in short, if he is still out there a month or two from now, why not grab him? he couldn't hurt this defense...only make it stronger.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Please, no. He doesn't fit the scheme we run. Now, I liked him and all.. but after seeing how he played his last year here in Minny, I realized that he misses too many tackles, and run piss poor angles (I think Zeus tried to get me to see this 2 years ago). Hell, there were more than a few times during the SB when I saw him take horrible angles and miss tackles.

Nope, he'd just delay the play of a young player. If we need to, draft a young DB.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

He made many more tackles in 08 than Tyrell did in 09.
    We gave up just as many big plays without him as we did with him.
    635 tackles in the last 9 years, he can't be that bad at it.
    To put that in perspective Ed Reed had 458 in the last 8.

Voodoo Man is offline Rookie

I see the Saints and Sharper reaching an deal well before the draft. He does fit into the Saints D good.
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    He made many more tackles in 08 than Tyrell did in 09.
    We gave up just as many big plays without him as we did with him.
    635 tackles in the last 9 years, he can't be that bad at it.
    To put that in perspective Ed Reed had 458 in the last 8.
    Ed Reed plays behind a 3-4, not a 4-3 (and Ray Lewis). Makes a big difference in tackle numbers.

Sharper, since he came to the Vikings, has always been good for one or two huge missed tackles a game. Yes, the Saints kicked the crap outta Arizona in the NFC Divisional round. But Sharper missed a HUGE tackle on the Tim Hightower TD to open the game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast