Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CanuckVike is offline Starter

SHAME ON MNF TOP 36

Well if there was any doubt there is a Hate-On for the Vikings by the media there should be no doubt that is the case after seeing MNF swan song show listing its top 36 moments in their history.

After waiting patiently to see bits from one particular Monday nighter in 1998 where the 4-0 Vikes were visiting the 4-0 Packers...a game in which the Vikes destroyed the Packers to end their 25 game home win streak,...a game in which a rookie receiver named Randy Moss made numerous spectacular catches,...a game in which Randall Cunningham threw for something like 442 yards passing (the most ever against the Packers at that time anyhow!)...a game in which the Vikes gained something like 545 yards...there was nothing...no hint of this being one of the top moments/games in MNF history.

Now, you can debate and say there were many great moments throughout MNF and that they simply couldn't put them all in, (there were many that deserved to be there, eg. The great shoot-out between Montana and Elway...the day John Lennon was killed...the Dolphins giving the '85 Bears their only defeat...) but I think otherwise; especially considering they included such "stellar" MNF moments like the retirement of Phil Simms...and Hank Williams Jr. singing his MNF song!!! JeeZuz!....give me a break!

And of course they included that stupid flukey catch by Antonio Freeman in OT against the Vikes as their #3 all time great play! And of course there was plenty of Brett Favre moments on the list, including his big game against Oakland after his dad passed away and even clips from his "almost comeback" this year against Carolina!
    COME ON!

You know, I don't necessarily love to hate the Packers at all...I enjoy the rivalry and many of my friends at work are Packer fans. But this blatant "head up the butt" love for the Packers and this
    "Viking = the antichrist" thing by the media makes me want to hurl!! Who put that thing together...Joe Buck's uncle or something?!? I just wonder what other Viking MNF items those butt heads avoided just to keep them off the list. With respect to Cosell who I always thought was entertaining...those guys now officially suck IMO...I'm glad they've crashed an burned! Anyone else care to comment on this, let 'er rip...I wonder if anyone else saw this or feels the same way...or differently!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

BirdHunter is offline Starter

Re: SHAME ON MNF TOP 36

Thats sucks A$$, It was probably due to the Farve Loving Madden who gets a hard on every time he hears the name Farve. :evil:
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Just so long as they didn't put that Tony Dorsett run in there, I will be happier about this situation.

Did they have any Viking MNF moments where it was a positive or only the Freeman debacle?

Prophet Guest

I can't remember all the MNF games off the top of my head, but I would find it hard to believe that Moss' debut at Lambeau wouldn't make the mix in the top 36.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Oh yes!...That 99 yard run by Dorsett was definitely in there! And no, there was no positive Viking MNF moment...all negative, I review the tape later to see what they all were...I think a big game Jerry Rice had against us was in there...or was it Montana? Can't remember, I'll check later.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

YES! I am also sick of the ever lasting sugar coated Packers. May they rest in pieces. It is like watching that sick drive in movie (I'm dating myself) where you took your date but you hated the movie so much you snuck out of the car to grab a quick beer with your friends two rows over. Yes, Packer Fans, Maurice Clarrett is now ready for your team. I am sure he would become some super hero running back if he joined your team, sporting his pee yellow cape of victory! Since the Packers do no wrong, I am sure the move would be touted as clever! Instead of bringing up the fact that Farve, through his outstanding leadership, lead his team to the basement of the NFC North, the media could only comment on how he cried like a baby in the locker room following the final game. Yes, Brent, you did spill the milk!

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

"Redrouster" wrote:
    YES! I am also sick of the ever lasting sugar coated Packers. May they rest in pieces. It is like watching that sick drive in movie (I'm dating myself) where you took your date but you hated the movie so much you snuck out of the car to grab a quick beer with your friends two rows over. Yes, Packer Fans, Maurice Clarrett is now ready for your team. I am sure he would become some super hero running back if he joined your team, sporting his pee yellow cape of victory! Since the Packers do no wrong, I am sure the move would be touted as clever! Instead of bringing up the fact that Farve, through his outstanding leadership, lead his team to the basement of the NFC North, the media could only comment on how he cried like a baby in the locker room following the final game. Yes, Brent, you did spill the milk!
    LMAO

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"CanuckVike" wrote:
    Oh yes!...That 99 yard run by Dorsett was definitely in there! And no, there was no positive Viking MNF moment...all negative, I review the tape later to see what they all were...I think a big game Jerry Rice had against us was in there...or was it Montana? Can't remember, I'll check later.
    When you watch the tape again watch for the Vikings. They were in there a lot, but on the opposite team of the highlights.

They even showed the guy who jumped out in to the tunnel area to catch that field goal.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Guruzen is offline Starter

Aren't we being a little sensitive over a highlight reel that some dude in a studio slapped together? Why should we let that bother us? The media have taken some shots at us but they have also praised us when we deserved it, especially for our late season run. Plus, I doubt they will intentionally take a swipe at us via a highlight reel.

Stop being so sensitive and consider the bigger picture.

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    Thats sucks A$$, It was probably due to the Farve Loving Madden who gets a hard on every time he hears the name Farve. :evil:
    Yeah, madden is horrible whenever he mentions favre.....the mnf game this year, i couldnt stand to watch, i had to turn on PA and DUBAY.....and I learned its better then the tv announcers!

radio + tv viewing = awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast