Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Several Unexpected Teams are 2–0, but Are They for Real?

"singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I like how he uses the fact that one of the games won for the Saints was against the Packers as a reason to hold him back and yet the Bears could say the same gol 'darnit thing lol.

I need to get paid to write somewhere.
    I imagine Webby paying you with "Pretzel Stix" for doing the "Pillage & Plunder" show hardly qualifies for getting paid for your vast football knowledge & points of view.

Are they even salted or did he suck the salt off them 1st?
    Webby hasn't even given me saltless pretzels yet. There looks to be an over abundance of non thinking writers out there, so I assume there are some openings.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I like how he uses the fact that one of the games won for the Saints was against the Packers as a reason to hold him back and yet the Bears could say the same gol 'darnit thing lol.

I need to get paid to write somewhere.
    I imagine Webby paying you with "Pretzel Stix" for doing the "Pillage & Plunder" show hardly qualifies for getting paid for your vast football knowledge & points of view.

Are they even salted or did he suck the salt off them 1st?
    Luxury !!! the columnists only get the mould that was on the Pretzel stix in the first place.
    I'd put that down to favouritism
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

It doesnt bother me in the least that we aren't getting credit.
    Everytime the media talks us up, something bad happens.
    An injury, an off the field debacle a losing streak, something.
    We are winning tough games, by being tough minded and physical, and thats what counts.

As far as the way we are winning, I think I remember during the Pats dynasty they won some games due to mental mistakes by their opponents (see super bowls 38 and 36).
    If thats how we have to win, so be it.
    If we have to force our opponents into mistakes to win, whats wrong with that??
    Thats one of the many factors that wins games in the National Football League.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

The Vikings have been the worst of the 2–0 teams so far. Both wins were essentially ties — decided by just two or three plays that happened to go Minnesota's way. In the final quarter against Washington, the Vikings benefited from two facemask penalties, an unnecessary roughness call, and John Hall's missed field goal that would have sent the game to overtime. This week, Carolina was leading by a touchdown, then absurdly called a trick lateral play on a punt return, resulting in a fumble that gave the Vikings the ball just 21 yards from the game-tying touchdown, which they scored on a fluke play themselves, a 16-yard touchdown pass thrown by kicker Ryan Longwell on a fake field goal.This is how an average team wins games, not a great team, and the Vikings won't beat undefeated Chicago this week if their game plan is to wait for the Bears to make similar mistakes.
    Fluke is not the right word.

I can see where he is coming from, but a play that was designed, worked on, and is executed is not a fluke, it is perfection.
    It would have been nice if he would have just said we were opportunistic in our victories.

Del Rio Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:
    MINNESOTA VIKINGS

The Vikings have been the worst of the 2–0 teams so far. Both wins were essentially ties — decided by just two or three plays that happened to go Minnesota's way. In the final quarter against Washington, the Vikings benefited from two facemask penalties, an unnecessary roughness call, and John Hall's missed field goal that would have sent the game to overtime. This week, Carolina was leading by a touchdown, then absurdly called a trick lateral play on a punt return, resulting in a fumble that gave the Vikings the ball just 21 yards from the game-tying touchdown, which they scored on a fluke play themselves, a 16-yard touchdown pass thrown by kicker Ryan Longwell on a fake field goal.This is how an average team wins games, not a great team, and the Vikings won't beat undefeated Chicago this week if their game plan is to wait for the Bears to make similar mistakes.
    Fluke is not the right word.

I can see where he is coming from, but a play that was designed, worked on, and is executed is not a fluke, it is perfection.
    It would have been nice if he would have just said we were opportunistic in our victories.
    Exactly. They make it sound like these plays are drawn up in the sand.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Thier not gonna give us respect we're gonna have to earn it.A win Sunday should "hopefully" shut the critics up.We gotta be the better team Sunday, everyone at the dome needs to be going nuts.I hate how they dont give any credit to our defense.Hell our defense is the only reason why we where in that game.However it seems that no sportswriters saw that Sunday.Maybe they finally will this Sunday.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i hate the media *sigh*

:-

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Didnt he say that great team find a way to beat great teams and demolish inferior ones?We just beat 2 playoff teams from a year ago!If we played oakland green bay lions and browns we could blow them out too!Just wait till the bills and lions after week 3

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

The one thing is that there are a few pretenders in this bunch of 2-0 teams. First would be the New Orleans Saints. Drew Brees is a decent QB but their defense lacks the depth to win in the long haul. Atlanta, wel this one is a toss up. They started last year hot but dwindle late in the regular season. The Bears are legit. No question. The only thing that worries me about them is that their offense still isn't better than the middle of the road in the NFL. The Vikings are a real threat to many teams. The Vikings need to find the offense that made them 7-2 under B.J. last year. Jacksonville is another team that deserves respect after knocking off Last Year SB champs. Indy is always good and a contender. The Bengals play in a relatively easy division so watch them fall to wild card potential.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

The New Orleans Saints are pretenders, they will be exposed against the Falcons on Monday Night Football.

Drew Bree's is a good QB, but their defense is horrible, and they haven't played anybody. ( Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns)

The Falcons will beat them by 14 points or more.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast