Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Setting the Odds on 10 Teams That Will Target Rice

Of the countless wide receivers on the 2011 NFL free agent market, one man reigns supreme: Sidney Rice.

Sure, you have guys like Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Steve Smith (the Giants version) and Randy Moss out there.

But no one possesses the upside of the 24-year-old Rice, who's still got most of his career ahead of him and has all the physical skills you look for in a stud wideout.

And the former South Carolina Gamecock will be pursued like the hot chick at the bar this offseason.

So let's take a look at the 10 likeliest teams who will/should/have to target Rice in free agency this offseason.
    NFL Free Agency 2011: Setting the Odds on 10 Teams That Will Target Sidney Rice

LOL, a few on here don't agree with that first statement. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Setting the Odds on 10 Teams That Will Target Rice

......snicker......someone sure threw that were only the reciever could get it......snicker....

Sorry, just couldn't help myself with that last little jab. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091473
    Of the countless wide receivers on the 2011 NFL free agent market, one man reigns supreme: Sidney Rice.

Sure, you have guys like Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Steve Smith (the Giants version) and Randy Moss out there.

But no one possesses the upside of the 24-year-old Rice, who's still got most of his career ahead of him and has all the physical skills you look for in a stud wideout.

And the former South Carolina Gamecock will be pursued like the hot chick at the bar this offseason.

So let's take a look at the 10 likeliest teams who will/should/have to target Rice in free agency this offseason.

For me it isn't whether he is the best one available, but whether that drought of top FA prospects justifies getting into a bidding war for him considering his past history. I think it is safe to say I have been one of his biggest supporters right up to that disaster of a move last season but in the end he is not the FA find of the decade IMHO. I am too lazy to look but I wonder how his numbers over the past 4 years compare to the other guys you had on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091505

For me it isn't whether he is the best one available, but whether that drought of top FA prospects justifies getting into a bidding war for him considering his past history. I think it is safe to say I have been one of his biggest supporters right up to that disaster of a move last season but in the end he is not the FA find of the decade IMHO. I am too lazy to look but I wonder how his numbers over the past 4 years compare to the other guys you had on the list?
    The numbers aren't even close. Mostly cause of the QB issues, but also the injuries he had his first 2 years or so.

In the end, teams aren't looking at the full body of work when it comes to production. Heck, most teams still believe it takes time for players to mature and are looking at what he can do when he is healthy.

Its only on here that they are expected to play at a "HOF" level right off the bat.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

They'd be better looking at the 10 likeliest teams to break the bank for him - because that is what the puppetmaster aka Rosenhaus will want.
    Most of the teams in that article have high draft picks to pay for and won't have the $$ to pay what Rosie and Rice will be looking for.

Then again this article is on bleacher report so accuracy and well thought content isn't to be expected.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He will be here one more year.. And im stoked

I hope we bring in a stud QB like Mallet and Rice loves him

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Teams are definitely going to consider his injury history, and why wouldn't they? He may still be in the market for a healthy pay day based on olack of other FA options at WR but to think that Rice being injured 75% of his career won't affect his prospects seems foolish to say the least.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091508
    The numbers aren't even close.
    Sooooo...

Mostly cause of the QB issues, but also the injuries he had his first 2 years or so.
    First 2 and then in the third that carried through into the 4th....

In the end, teams aren't looking at the full body of work when it comes to production.
    Seriously? How do they determine what parts they choose to ignore?

Heck, most teams still believe it takes time for players to mature and are looking at what he can do when he is healthy.
    Not sure what you are getting at. How many years did it take for the aforementioned WR's on that particular list to develop? I am too lazy to look up the stats but my guess is they produced quicker than Rice did.

Its only on here that they are expected to play at a "HOF" level right off the bat.
    Yeah, it is customary for all teams but the vikings and all fans except some of us Vikings fans to give a guy 5-7 years of time to develop their skills. Child please:P

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091535
    They'd be better looking at the 10 likeliest teams to break the bank for him - because that is what the puppetmaster aka Rosenhaus will want.
    Most of the teams in that article have high draft picks to pay for and won't have the $$ to pay what Rosie and Rice will be looking for.

Then again this article is on bleacher report so accuracy and well thought content isn't to be expected.
    Actually, the rationale behind all teams is well thought out. Obviously you didn't read the article. :laugh:

Additionally, the teams that are in the article are/were low spenders that last 2 years or so and have lots of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1091536
    He will be here one more year.. And im stoked

I hope we bring in a stud QB like Mallet and Rice loves him
    We will benifit from the Noodle in one way, experienced recievers. Thats what a rookie QB needs IMHO.

BB, Rice, Harvin, Cam, all good fits when it comes to precise routes, good hands, etc.

A cat like Mallet head would be a nice fit, atleast thats what I'm trying to convince myself of as I really think he is gonna be the pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast