Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rookie444 is offline Starter

Re: 53 Man Roster Deadline

"ViKing24" wrote:
    My Predictions

Quarterbacks
    #1 - Brad Johnson
    #2 - Brooks Bollinger-We just signed the guy since mcmahon and o'sullivan weren't doing their job. He has proven his expierience backing up pennington
    #3 - Tarvaris Jackson-undoubtingly he iwill not be cut after all that we saw from him this preseason. However he won't be #2 because he lacks expierience.
    after having a strong early training camp. If he makes the team he will be #3, but he has told people privately that he does not want to be anything less than the primary backup. Look for the team to make a run at former Eagles QB Koy Detmer to possibly be the #3 guy.
    Running Backs
    #1 - Chester Taylor
    #2 - Ciatrick Fason
    #3 - Mewelde Moore
    Fullbacks
    #1 - Tony Richardson - I believe the team will only carry one true fullback in Richardson. As you'll see in the tight end section, I think the team will carry an extra TE to make up for it.
    Tight Ends
    #1 - Jim Kleinsasser
    #2 - Jermaine Wiggins
    #3 - Richard Owens - Owens has impressed with his versatility first and foremost. He can play FB as well as TE, is a capable blocker and makes the routine play. Plus he can serve as a backup long snapper if necessary.
    #4 - Jeff Dugan - I said early on in camp that I really liked Richard Angulo to make the team with his pass catching abilities. However Dugan is the more versatile option and a better blocker, something that comes into play in terms of special teams.
    Wide Receivers
    #1 - Troy Williamson
    #2 - Travis Taylor
    #3 - Marcus Robinson
    #4 - Billy McMullen
    #5 - Jason Carter
    #6 - to be determined - I had no idea "TBD" was on this team you say? Well in what I can only describe as an easy way out here, I'm going to predict that the team goes out and picks up another WR. Be it Todd Pinkston, Deion Branch (who would immediately move up the depth chart) or someone else, expect the last WR on the roster to come from outside the organization.
    Offensive Line
    LT - Bryant McKinnie
    LG - Steve Hutchinson
    C - Matt Birk
    RG - Artis Hicks
    RT - Marcus Johnson
    OL - Ryan Cook - Pretty simple here, they spent a draft pick, they've switched his position to make him more versatile, he's a lock to make the team.
    OL - Jason Whittle - Versatility is the buzz word for the whole roster, and with Whittle it's no exception. His ability to play all three interior line positions makes him too valuable to cut.
    OL - Mike Rosenthal - This may turn out to be the toughest decision coach Childres will have to make. Both Chris Liwienski and Adam Goldberg could be slotted here, but my feeling is that with Cook still learning the tackle position, the team needs to keep one true tackle on the roster and Rosenthal fits that bill. He started 12 games last year and would provide nice depth behind Marcus Johnson should the young guy falter.
    Defensive Line
    DE - Kenechi Udeze
    DT - Pat Williams
    DT - Kevin Williams
    DE - Erasmus James
    DL - Ray Edwards - The rookie has opened eyes with his athleticism and ability to get after the QB. Plus he has proven he can play special teams which only helps his chances.
    DL - Ross Kolodziej
    DL - Spencer Johnson
    DL - Darrion Scott - Scott has played better this pre-season than his namesake DeQuincey, that fact alone keeps him on the team.
    Linebackers
    WLB - E.J. Henderson
    MLB - Napoleon Harris
    SLB - Ben Leber
    LB - Dontarrious Thomas
    LB - Heath Farwell - What a great story this guy has been stepping in for injured rookie Chad Greenway.
    LB - Rod Davis
    LB - Kyle McKenzie - I believe I said earlier in the pre-season than McKenzie had no chance, well I think I was wrong. The injury to Greenway has opened the door for McKenzie to make the roster and his ability to play special teams has sealed the deal in my opinion.
    Cornerbacks
    #1 - Antoine Winfield
    #2 - Fred Smoot
    #3 - Devonte Edwards
    #4 - Cedric Griffin
    #5 - Ronyell Whitaker - Whitaker has been a great surprise in the pre-season with his energy and understanding of the Tampa Two defense. He's been a special teams terror on kick coverage and now comes word that he may get a shot at returning kickoffs.
    #6 - Tony Beckham - I've said all along that I don't think Dustin Fox will make this team, and I have to stick by that. Beckham is an impressive athlete and has started at CB in the NFL. Despite joining the team late in camp, Beckham has shown enough to warrant a spot on this team.
    Safeties
    FS - Dwight Smith
    SS - Darren Sharper
    S - Greg Blue - The rookie has shown he can play this pre-season, contributing on special teams as well as on defense. He's a big hitter in the mold of injured S Tank Williams and he has earned his spot.
    S - Will Hunter - Outside of the backup offensive line spots, this will probably be the toughest decision to make for the team. There is a chance they go with 5 CBs and 5 safeties, but I think they would rather have the extra CB. Hunter is less of an injury risk than Willie Offord and a better defensive player. Offord may be the superior special teams guy, but I like Hunter here to backup Smith at FS.
    Kicker
    K - Ryan Longwell
    Punter
    P - Chris Kluwe
    Long Snapper
    LS - Cullen Loeffler
    Obviously cutting down to 53 guys is a tough thing for any coaching staff, so it will be interesting to see where my roster predictions stack up with the real thing after Thursday's game. Be sure to listen to KFAN 1130 am and check KFAN dot com for all the latest regarding who made the cut and who was left out in the cold for the 2006 Minnesota Vikings.
    why don't you stop plagiarizing.
    this was mostly posted on kfan website with a couple exceptions that bollinger you added and a couple others.

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=722F3B07-1D48-4D6C-807A-CAC77287692F

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

yah sorry about that i forgot to put where it was from next time i will here let me edit it

Formerly Viking24

Rookie444 is offline Starter

i hope they keep the following for reasons stated:

farwell: excellen preseason, really stepped up and took advantage of greenway's injury

j carter: what else can i say, excellent speed, deep threat, decent hands

greg blue: hard hitter, with some time to mold he can learn man-cover better; you can't teach hitting though

jt o'sullivan: i like seeing him run around like a chicken with it's head cut off not knowing where the hell he's going.
    never a dull moment with him at qb.

wendell mathis: we should drop memo (put on practice squad) and replace him with mathis for 3 string.
    memo hasn't done much in recent years, this mathis guy looks pretty sharp (although it was against second and third string)

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Cuts today … at 5 p.m.[/size]
    Saturday, September 2nd, 2006 by Kevin Seifert

There has been some confusion league-wide about exactly when each team has to cut down its roster to 53. A Vikings spokesman said today that the correct time is 5 p.m. CT. I guess the cuts could be announced earlier – Detroit already has put out its list, which includes WR Charles Rogers — but I’m guessing we won’t hear officially from the Vikings until 5 p.m.

The Vikings have to pare at least 23 players from their roster. We’re counting WR Todd Pinkston among the final 53, even though the Vikings have not yet announced that they agreed to terms with him last night. Pinkston’s arrival technically gave the Vikings 76 players, one more than the current maximum, so they can’t make anything official with him until after making their cuts today.

It’s very possible that by the end of this weekend, the Vikings will have released more than 23 players. They are expected to be pretty active on the waiver wire and the pending free agent market, armed with more than $10 million in salary cap space. It would not be surprising to see them add more receivers, cornerbacks and/or linebackers.

That process will begin tonight and continue tomorrow as some players pass through waivers. The Vikings also will be able to assemble their practice squad starting tomorrow. Based only on my own observations, here are some players whose performances this summer might motivate the Vikings to get them on their practice squad:

*WR Jason Carter, if he doesn’t
    make the final roster. Carter appears to be a reliable, if unspectacular, punt returner. He made plays as a receiver in preseason games, and his history as a high school quarterback makes him a threat for trick-play shenanigans.

*DE Jayme Mitchell. He is tall (6-6) and wiry, but he made some noise during training camp practices and late in some preseason games. A big guy with speed and power on the edge is worth giving some time to develop.

*CB Charles Gordon. He was on his way to being a training camp surprise when he suffered cartilage damage in his knee during an early training camp practice. Gordon was a two-way star at Kansas, entered the draft a year early and signed as a free agent with the Vikings. They hoped to test him as a punt returner and possible backup cornerback, but he made only a brief appearance in the final preseason game.

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

Re: Important September Deadlines

I'm guessing that within the next two days Brad Johnson will get a raise.
    The 53 man roster and practice squad will be set and the Sept. 6, 3 p.m. CST deadline for the team salary 2006 contracts is due.

SEPTEMBER

[s]2: Roster cut-down to maximum of 53 players on Active/Inactive List by 6 p.m., New York time. Clubs may dress minimum of 42 and maximum of 45 players and Third Quarterback for each regular season and postseason game.

2: Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must take one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; ask waivers; terminate; trade; or continue to count him on Active List.

3: Claims on players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12 noon, New York time.

3: After 12 noon, clubs may establish a Practice Squad of eight players by signing free agents who do not have an accrued season of free agency credit or who were on the 45-player Active List for less than nine regular season games during each of any Accrued Season(s).[/s]

6: All clubs are required to file a personnel (injury) report with their conference information manager by 4 p.m., New York time, on this date and every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday thereafter prior to a regular season game. Clubs playing Thursday games are required to file injury reports beginning on Tuesday.

6: Beginning at 4 p.m., New York time, Team Salary includes all players receiving compensation under their 2006 contracts. Top 51 rule is no longer in effect.

7: After 4 p.m., New York time, any new or altered incentives renegotiated in a pre-existing contract for the 2006 season automatically will be deemed "Likely to be Earned" for 2006.

7-11: Regular Season opens.
    [size=4pt]http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/impDates.jsp[/size]

Prophet Guest

Re: Important September Deadlines

SEPTEMBER
    [s]
    2: Roster cut-down to maximum of 53 players on Active/Inactive List by 6 p.m., New York time. Clubs may dress minimum of 42 and maximum of 45 players and Third Quarterback for each regular season and postseason game.

2: Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must take one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; ask waivers; terminate; trade; or continue to count him on Active List.

3: Claims on players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12 noon, New York time.

3: After 12 noon, clubs may establish a Practice Squad of eight players by signing free agents who do not have an accrued season of free agency credit or who were on the 45-player Active List for less than nine regular season games during each of any Accrued Season(s).[/s]
    6: All clubs are required to file a personnel (injury) report with their conference information manager by 4 p.m., New York time, on this date and every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday thereafter prior to a regular season game. Clubs playing Thursday games are required to file injury reports beginning on Tuesday.

6: Beginning at 4 p.m., New York time, Team Salary includes all players receiving compensation under their 2006 contracts. Top 51 rule is no longer in effect.

7: After 4 p.m., New York time, any new or altered incentives renegotiated in a pre-existing contract for the 2006 season automatically will be deemed "Likely to be Earned" for 2006.

7-11: Regular Season opens.
    [size=4pt]http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/impDates.jsp[/size]
    Today's the deadline for injury and salary for 2006 contracts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123