Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: 53 Man Roster Deadline

I live just outside of Philadelphia, and must listen to Eagles fans everyday, all day long...believe me, they much more obnoxious than Packer fans - trust me.
    Our organization is being mocked for giving the Eagles perhaps one of the brightest rookie WR's (Hank Baskett) and taking two of their retreads, McMullen and Pinkston.
    Not sure what in the world the front office is doing here, but, I have to agree with the Eagles fans and the equally obnoxious Philadelphia press.
    I agree with the posts that the Pinkston move is rather harmless, however, McMullen?
    AND Pinkston?
    Pinkston can stretch the field, yes, but actually catching the ball is why he was railroaded out of Philly.
    Thank goodness he is our #4!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

CUT PINK-STON
    players on the bubble I hope thell keep would be
    w.mathis-they need depth at RB
    j.cater- should be ano brainer with the most yards receiving even if preseason
    r.whitaker-cause hes a nut with tampa 2 experience
    t.beckham- he seemed to do pretty well against dallas in coverage

Big C is offline Coordinator

As long as Farwell, Carter and Whitaker don't get cut I will be fine. I doubt Mathis will make it ahead of Echemandu. I'm a little upset with this Hank Baskett scenario though. I have seen nothing from McMullen. Absolutely nothing. If we cut Carter to keep this guy I will be serisouly pissed.

Williamson
    Taylor
    Robinson
    Pinkston
    Carter/McMullen
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

farewell will make the team hands down, 32 takles, 29 of them solo.
    plus farewells parents gave me tickets to the SF game.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"MaxVike" wrote:
    I live just outside of Philadelphia, and must listen to Eagles fans everyday, all day long...believe me, they much more obnoxious than Packer fans - trust me.
    Our organization is being mocked for giving the Eagles perhaps one of the brightest rookie WR's (Hank Baskett) and taking two of their retreads, McMullen and Pinkston.
    Not sure what in the world the front office is doing here, but, I have to agree with the Eagles fans and the equally obnoxious Philadelphia press.
    I agree with the posts that the Pinkston move is rather harmless, however, McMullen?
    AND Pinkston?
    Pinkston can stretch the field, yes, but actually catching the ball is why he was railroaded out of Philly.
    Thank goodness he is our #4!
    No, Pinkston was shipped out because they got Stallworth, he was expendable.

CUT PINK-STON
    players on the bubble I hope thell keep would be
    w.mathis-they need depth at RB
    j.cater- should be ano brainer with the most yards receiving even if preseason
    r.whitaker-cause hes a nut with tampa 2 experience
    t.beckham- he seemed to do pretty well against dallas in coverage
    Cut Pinkston? We just signed him, now how dumb would that be.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

you know farwells parents hook a brother up dude i want those tickets

Formerly Viking24

CUT PINK-STON! I hope the vikes loose his contract in the lights just as he quotes when he afriad to take a hit

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"spikecyrus" wrote:
    CUT PINK-STON! I hope the vikes loose his contract in the lights just as he quotes when he afriad to take a hit
    Yeah sure, I guess now they should get Randy Moss back on your command huh?
    :

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

K-Fans Predictions

Quarterbacks
    #1 - Brad Johnson
    #2 - Brooks Bollinger-We just signed the guy since mcmahon and o'sullivan weren't doing their job. He has proven his expierience backing up pennington
    #3 - Tarvaris Jackson-undoubtingly he iwill not be cut after all that we saw from him this preseason. However he won't be #2 because he lacks expierience.
    after having a strong early training camp. If he makes the team he will be #3, but he has told people privately that he does not want to be anything less than the primary backup. Look for the team to make a run at former Eagles QB Koy Detmer to possibly be the #3 guy.
    Running Backs
    #1 - Chester Taylor
    #2 - Ciatrick Fason
    #3 - Mewelde Moore
    Fullbacks
    #1 - Tony Richardson - I believe the team will only carry one true fullback in Richardson. As you'll see in the tight end section, I think the team will carry an extra TE to make up for it.
    Tight Ends
    #1 - Jim Kleinsasser
    #2 - Jermaine Wiggins
    #3 - Richard Owens - Owens has impressed with his versatility first and foremost. He can play FB as well as TE, is a capable blocker and makes the routine play. Plus he can serve as a backup long snapper if necessary.
    #4 - Jeff Dugan - I said early on in camp that I really liked Richard Angulo to make the team with his pass catching abilities. However Dugan is the more versatile option and a better blocker, something that comes into play in terms of special teams.
    Wide Receivers
    #1 - Troy Williamson
    #2 - Travis Taylor
    #3 - Marcus Robinson
    #4 - Billy McMullen
    #5 - Jason Carter
    #6 - to be determined - I had no idea "TBD" was on this team you say? Well in what I can only describe as an easy way out here, I'm going to predict that the team goes out and picks up another WR. Be it Todd Pinkston, Deion Branch (who would immediately move up the depth chart) or someone else, expect the last WR on the roster to come from outside the organization.
    Offensive Line
    LT - Bryant McKinnie
    LG - Steve Hutchinson
    C - Matt Birk
    RG - Artis Hicks
    RT - Marcus Johnson
    OL - Ryan Cook - Pretty simple here, they spent a draft pick, they've switched his position to make him more versatile, he's a lock to make the team.
    OL - Jason Whittle - Versatility is the buzz word for the whole roster, and with Whittle it's no exception. His ability to play all three interior line positions makes him too valuable to cut.
    OL - Mike Rosenthal - This may turn out to be the toughest decision coach Childres will have to make. Both Chris Liwienski and Adam Goldberg could be slotted here, but my feeling is that with Cook still learning the tackle position, the team needs to keep one true tackle on the roster and Rosenthal fits that bill. He started 12 games last year and would provide nice depth behind Marcus Johnson should the young guy falter.
    Defensive Line
    DE - Kenechi Udeze
    DT - Pat Williams
    DT - Kevin Williams
    DE - Erasmus James
    DL - Ray Edwards - The rookie has opened eyes with his athleticism and ability to get after the QB. Plus he has proven he can play special teams which only helps his chances.
    DL - Ross Kolodziej
    DL - Spencer Johnson
    DL - Darrion Scott - Scott has played better this pre-season than his namesake DeQuincey, that fact alone keeps him on the team.
    Linebackers
    WLB - E.J. Henderson
    MLB - Napoleon Harris
    SLB - Ben Leber
    LB - Dontarrious Thomas
    LB - Heath Farwell - What a great story this guy has been stepping in for injured rookie Chad Greenway.
    LB - Rod Davis
    LB - Kyle McKenzie - I believe I said earlier in the pre-season than McKenzie had no chance, well I think I was wrong. The injury to Greenway has opened the door for McKenzie to make the roster and his ability to play special teams has sealed the deal in my opinion.
    Cornerbacks
    #1 - Antoine Winfield
    #2 - Fred Smoot
    #3 - Devonte Edwards
    #4 - Cedric Griffin
    #5 - Ronyell Whitaker - Whitaker has been a great surprise in the pre-season with his energy and understanding of the Tampa Two defense. He's been a special teams terror on kick coverage and now comes word that he may get a shot at returning kickoffs.
    #6 - Tony Beckham - I've said all along that I don't think Dustin Fox will make this team, and I have to stick by that. Beckham is an impressive athlete and has started at CB in the NFL. Despite joining the team late in camp, Beckham has shown enough to warrant a spot on this team.
    Safeties
    FS - Dwight Smith
    SS - Darren Sharper
    S - Greg Blue - The rookie has shown he can play this pre-season, contributing on special teams as well as on defense. He's a big hitter in the mold of injured S Tank Williams and he has earned his spot.
    S - Will Hunter - Outside of the backup offensive line spots, this will probably be the toughest decision to make for the team. There is a chance they go with 5 CBs and 5 safeties, but I think they would rather have the extra CB. Hunter is less of an injury risk than Willie Offord and a better defensive player. Offord may be the superior special teams guy, but I like Hunter here to backup Smith at FS.
    Kicker
    K - Ryan Longwell
    Punter
    P - Chris Kluwe
    Long Snapper
    LS - Cullen Loeffler
    Obviously cutting down to 53 guys is a tough thing for any coaching staff, so it will be interesting to see where my roster predictions stack up with the real thing after Thursday's game. Be sure to listen to KFAN 1130 am and check KFAN dot com for all the latest regarding who made the cut and who was left out in the cold for the 2006 Minnesota Vikings.

Formerly Viking24

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

My shot

Quarterbacks = 3

Starter: Brad Johnson
    Reserves: Brooks Bollinger, Tarvaris Jackson
    Cut: Mike McMahon, JT O'Sullivan

Runningbacks = 3
    Starter: Chester Taylor
    Reserves: Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason
    Cut: Wendall Mathis, Adimnichobe Echemandu

Fullbacks = 2

Starter: Tony Richardson
    Reserve: Richard Owens
    Cut: Stephen Jackson

Tight Ends = 2
    Starter: Jermaine Wiggins
    Reserve: Jimmy Kleinsasser, (Richard Owens)
    Cut: Jeff Dugan, Richardon Angulo

Wide Recievers = 6
    Starters: Troy Williamson, Travis Taylor
    Reserves: Todd Pinkston, Marcus Robinson, Billy McMullen, Jason Carter
    Cut: Ryan Hoag, Chris Jones, Kevin Kasper, Josh Davis

Offensive Line = 10
    Starters: Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Matt Birk, Artis Hicks, Marcus Johnson
    Reserves: Ryan Cook, Jason Whittle, Anthony Herrera, Chris Liwienski, Adam Goldberg
    Cut: Mike Rosenthal, Joe Palermo, Donald Penn

Linebackers = 6

Starters: Ben Leber, Napoleon Harris, EJ Henderson
    Reserves: Heath Farwell, Dontarrius Thomas, Rod Davis
    Cut: Kyle McKenzie, Jason Glenn

Defensive Line = 8
    Starters: Kenechi Udeze, Erasmus James, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams
    Reserves: Ray Edwards, Darrion Scott, Spencer Johnson, Ross Kolodzeij
    Cut: DeQuincy Scott, Jayme Mitchell, Khreem Smith, Eric Taylor,

Cornerbacks = 6
    Starters: Antoine Winfield, Fred Smoot
    Reserves: Cedric Griffin, Ronyell Whittaker, Dovonte Edwards, Charles Gordon
    Cut: Tony Beckham

Safeties = 4

Starters: Darren Sharper, Dwight Smith
    Reserves: Greg Blue, Willie Offord
    Cut: Will Hunter, Dustin Fox

Kickers = 1

Starter: Ryan Longwell

Punters = 1
    Starter: Chris Kluwe

Longsnapper = 1
    Cullen Loeffler

----